The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Majorly disappointed in Reddish. He is still revered by his peers because he was that dude coming up. Dudes called him “one of the most talented players they’ve ever seen”

What talent do they speak of:patrice:
I’m not sure what it is these guys from his class talk about. It might be one of those things where it just spreads through word of mouth and takes a life of its own.

Reddish hasn’t been good in New York, LA, Atlanta, Duke, even going back to high school he didn’t play well at those big time camps…
Shot 40.3% from the floor over the Nike EYBL … Had a few forgettable three-point shooting performances over the Nike EYBL (0-6 vs California Supreme, 1-8 vs Houston Hoops, 1-8 vs Howard Pulley, 0-5 vs Spiece Indy Heat, 1-8 vs All Ohio Red, etc.), shot 28.6% from three over the EYBL season … Shot 3/20 from the field and 0/9 from three at the adidas Eurocamp … Can improve strength level … Has improved as a ballhandler but can still tighten up … Relies on natural ability … Does he have the leadership, competitiveness, and intangibles to maximize his potential? …
I don’t really see all this talent his first step and explosiveness is just average, he’s not a consistent shooter, he doesn’t have great vision or feel, doesn’t have an otherworldly handle or shot creation package.

He isn’t anywhere near as talented as J.R. Smith coming out of high school.

I think it really comes down to aesthetics he has a prototype wing physical profile and has a lot of smoothness and finesse to his game. Cam looks good when he’s shooting the passing lanes, finishing elongated euro steps, drilling catch and shoot threes, when he’s in space and able to get a clear takeoff off two feet.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It is every summer then reality sets in when the season starts :heh:

It's rinse and repeat. LeGBT fans and media and naive Laker fans pump up the offseason moves because nikkas STILL for some reason believe any player can flourish playing with Bron. The year we got Westbrook it was a full summer of nikkas rallying around that tweet "energy" Bron made during that offseason. Now this past offseason it was a summer full of rallying behind guys like Reaves and Rui because of a misleading WCF appearance.

Real nikkas sounded the alarm when we got Westbrook and sounded the alarm again this offseason. Same shyt will happen if we trade for someone like Lavine. Just the same ol LeGBT shyt over and over.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's rinse and repeat. LeGBT fans and media and naive Laker fans pump up the offseason moves because nikkas STILL for some reason believe any player can flourish playing with Bron. The year we got Westbrook it was a full summer of nikkas rallying around that tweet "energy" Bron made during that offseason. Now this past offseason it was a summer full of rallying behind guys like Reaves and Rui because of a misleading WCF appearance.

Real nikkas sounded the alarm when we got Westbrook and sounded the alarm again this offseason. Same shyt will happen if we trade for someone like Lavine. Just the same ol LeGBT shyt over and over.
Put this poet in the louvre

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I’m not sure what it is these guys from his class talk about. It might be one of those things where it just spreads through word of mouth and takes a life of its own.

Reddish hasn’t been good in New York, LA, Atlanta, Duke, even going back to high school he didn’t play well at those big time camps…

I don’t really see all this talent his first step and explosiveness is just average, he’s not a consistent shooter, he doesn’t have great vision or feel, doesn’t have an otherworldly handle or shot creation package.

He isn’t anywhere near as talented as J.R. Smith coming out of high school.

I think it really comes down to aesthetics he has a prototype wing physical profile and has a lot of smoothness and finesse to his game. Cam looks good when he’s shooting the passing lanes, finishing elongated euro steps, drilling catch and shoot threes, when he’s in space and able to get a clear takeoff off two feet.
This, Reddish at this point is living off of Ant Edwards saying he was the hardest to guard, and the "skill" (mainly aesthetics) to his game. Having this many stops this early in his career as a lottery pick was never a good sign.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe….

But it’s a long NBA season, it’s hard to give about the games now
Ehh...you are seeing the trend where January games matter as things get tighter around february march due to the play in.

This is why you want to be a team that can coast like the Bucks or the Celtics will morethan likely be the teams that make conference finals. And lets face it all the talent in the league is in West seemingly and shyt is congested.

I want the Lakers to be like 5 games over .500 to end this month so they can actually not have to .