The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
7wa73pp6y3ad1.jpeg

This guy is just awful at his job. His one skill is supposed to be negotiating but he gives a player option to every player he signs. Couldn't sign Cam Reddish without giving him a player option? :mjlol:
Certified clown. He fails at everything. Ive never seen a GM be bad at literally everything. But the Coli clowns will still find a way to dikk ride him.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This is a team that lacks confidence from the top to be honest. If they were really confident they could win a chip next season they'd be going all in on getting deals done for players.
Lakers are supposed to be the most confident organization in basketball each year is chip or bust. It feels like they are playing it safe since they got rid of Westbrook. This franchise is basically in hibernation now until they restructure the their goals as an organization and make the hard decisions they need to.
The next draft is an elite draft. Do what you need to do.
AD is still at his peak. Lebron is willing to take a paycut to improve the roster. The team has solid role players. With the right moves they can be a threat. But if they wanted to punt and move towards building through the draft again the right way there's that option too. But they need to figure out their identity and be confident in it. Jerry Buss is gone but what he did was put competent people around him go fill in the gaps in his knowledge and run the team. Lakers gotta stop the nepotism and hire talented people and let them cook.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
This is a team that lacks confidence from the top to be honest. If they were really confident they could win a chip next season they'd be going all in on getting deals done for players.
Lakers are supposed to be the most confident organization in basketball each year is chip or bust. It feels like they are playing it safe since they got rid of Westbrook. This franchise is basically in hibernation now until they restructure the their goals as an organization and make the hard decisions they need to.
The next draft is an elite draft. Do what you need to do.
AD is still at his peak. Lebron is willing to take a paycut to improve the roster. The team has solid role players. With the right moves they can be a threat. But if they wanted to punt and move towards building through the draft again the right way there's that option too. But they need to figure out their identity and be confident in it. Jerry Buss is gone but what he did was put competent people around him go fill in the gaps in his knowledge and run the team. Lakers gotta stop the nepotism and hire talented people and let them cook.

I think they can be a threat if they replace Dlo with Derozan.

All they would need now is a backup center

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I been thinking about the whole Bronny situation. I honestly don't feel one way or the other, but I could see other players having beef with it. That being said,, I don't think If you Lebron or Rich you let him play summer league. The feeling in my gut is that Bronny is a target and he could get embarrassed to a point where this whole situation looks insane.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I think they can be a threat if they replace Dlo with Derozan.

All they would need now is a backup center
This isn't an effective strategy. Derozan is in his mid 30s and has started declining and will continue to decline but will want a 3 year deal at least. He's not washed yet but within the next 2 years he could be. Then Lakers will be stuck with him for a the term of his contract or try and offload him at the mercy of another team for lakers picks or to offload their unproductive/bad contract players to the lakers and punt another year when the team could've started rebuilding.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
If we get DeMario Moon for D-Lo who's helping to initiate offense, we playing Bron 40 minutes a game? Bronny who hasn't ran offense since maybe youth basketball? D-Lo helps carry the load thru the regular season, we'll need another ball handler

Demar would take over some of the playmaking duties plus Reddikk said he wanted AD to be the "hub" and share more playmaking duties.

The Lakers were 16-4 when AD had 5 or more assists last seasons so it could work.