The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Demar would take over some of the playmaking duties plus Reddikk said he wanted AD to be the "hub" and share more playmaking duties.

The Lakers were 16-4 when AD had 5 or more assists last seasons so it could work.

Only time I seen Demar playmake was right outside my biology class where he let his boys mack up all the hoes that came up to say hi to him

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Demar would take over some of the playmaking duties plus Reddikk said he wanted AD to be the "hub" and share more playmaking duties.

The Lakers were 16-4 when AD had 5 or more assists last seasons so it could work.
Man I don't see how you think Demar Derozan At 34 us going to turn this roster into a contender in a the west.

You can't just look at the team and go "that's a good team"you have to look at how the team compares to other teams.

Right now this Lakers team can't beat:

Denver (deep team chemistry, championship experience, best center in the league),

Mavericks (ridiculously good roster comstruction, and will have better team chemistry this year),

Timberwolves (who now have deep playoff experience and likely the next face of the league),

Thunder (young team, gets better each year, got more playoff experience and acquired great assets trading for Caruso),

Not to mention all the sleeper teams that could pull it together this year or make good offseason moves and become competitive playoff teams:
Pelicans, Suns, Kings, Grizzlies (if ja returns), Clippers, Warriors, Rockets

The only teams I see in the west who have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs even with a good offseason are: trailblazers, jazz

And with Wembanyama on the spurs after his growth from his first year he might push them over the edge to be a play-in team/early exit playoff team.

Derozan not gonna move the needle enough

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I been thinking about the whole Bronny situation. I honestly don't feel one way or the other, but I could see other players having beef with it. That being said,, I don't think If you Lebron or Rich you let him play summer league. The feeling in my gut is that Bronny is a target and he could get embarrassed to a point where this whole situation looks insane.
So a guy who wouldn’t have been drafted if his dad wasn’t in the league should skip Summer League? That is outrageous. It would be good if he got embarrassed because it will shine a light on how ridiculous this situation is.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I been thinking about the whole Bronny situation. I honestly don't feel one way or the other, but I could see other players having beef with it. That being said,, I don't think If you Lebron or Rich you let him play summer league. The feeling in my gut is that Bronny is a target and he could get embarrassed to a point where this whole situation looks insane.
:russ:If he can potentially get embarrassed at summer league wtf they think gonna happen in the real games against vets??? Like is he just here for a feel good story and to never play :dead:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
If he’s trash i. Summer league people are going to over emphasize it. Scottie Pippen Jr was trash in his first summer league but got better after time in the g league and played some good minutes for the Grizzlies last season.