The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Nepotism runs rampant through the Lakers organization.

Kurt Rambis
Linda Rambis
Jeanie Buss and the rest of the Buss kids
Pelinka
Bronny James

Then you had Ryan West, Mitch, Luke Walton, Byron, Magic etc

That's why this team won't get any better. They refuse to go outside of their circle to hire the best talent.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So Windy says Bron could theoretically take a 20% discount to open up a mid level

It depends on what happens with DLO if he opts out & what player they could target. Windy/Marks suggested Klay tho :flabbynsick:

I don't see either dude taking massive cuts like that though.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team will be in the same position as last year if the roster is similar again. People forget how good AD was last year and fully healthy, is he doing that again? Bron as well. I still think they will try to get one more big name on the roster while trying to keep Reaves.
As they should if that big name is a clear #1 or #2. Can’t depend on AD staying healthy & being the best player

I’ve already said how I feel about Bron as a #2 at this point. Great regular season numbers but I don’t trust him come playoffs to impact the same way. Which obviously is understandable due to his age.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just to give y'all a feel about fans, I listened to 710 ESPN LA right after the pick and they started taking calls. They predicted it would be 90% in favor of taking Bronny, instead it was 90% of calls talking shyt about the pick :dead:

Because people aren't stupid. It's the principle of this goofy shyt.

You see the Bulls or even Mike himself drafting his kids.

Even the fact that Bronny was a Mickey D's All American was bullshyt.

Bron and Rich running the damn front office is a joke. Jeanie all up on this nikka and shyt. Jesus man.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
anyone that thinks this team is a contender has to be retarded. we lost in 5 to denver and they looked like shyt against minnesota who looked like shyt against dallas who looked like dogshyt against Boston.

:mjlol:
Not saying they contenders, but all this post proves is styles make fights. Mavs went from non playoffs to finals with drafting an impact player and trading for two solid rotation players
As they should if that big name is a clear #1 or #2. Can’t depend on AD staying healthy & being the best player

I’ve already said how I feel about Bron as a #2 at this point. Great regular season numbers but I don’t trust him come playoffs to impact the same way. Which obviously is understandable due to his age.
His playoff performance wasn't a problem at all though. Among #2 (if we consider Bron that) not many if any had a better PER (small sample size)

They need a legit scorer off the bench, another 3 & D player and hope like hell JJ is actually better than Ham.

They aren't contenders. However, the Mavs showed with a few smart moves (depending on the matchup) its a path to be taken seriously. And that was with Kyrie only really showing out against the Twolves.

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Nepotism runs rampant through the Lakers organization.

Kurt Rambis
Linda Rambis
Jeanie Buss and the rest of the Buss kids
Pelinka
Bronny James

Then you had Ryan West, Mitch, Luke Walton, Byron, Magic etc

That's why this team won't get any better. They refuse to go outside of their circle to hire the best talent.
Man please nepotism’s been apart of this organization since Dr Buss bought it. Even when he was in charge they mostly stayed in the Lakers circle. I remember Magic as coach and Rambis later on. Even Pat Riley was in the Lakers circle when he got hired

This team won’t get any better because the front office doesn’t compare to the days of Bill Sharman and later Jerry West

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Not saying they contenders, but all this post proves is styles make fights. Mavs went from non playoffs to finals with drafting an impact player and trading for two solid rotation players

His playoff performance wasn't a problem at all though. Among #2 (if we consider Bron that) not many if any had a better PER (small sample size)

They need a legit scorer off the bench, another 3 & D player and hope like hell JJ is actually better than Ham.

They aren't contenders. However, the Mavs showed with a few smart moves (depending on the matchup) its a path to be taken seriously. And that was with Kyrie only really showing out against the Twolves.
Nikka Bron is washed

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

They need a back up center that can come in and provide some defense and rebounding with AD on the bench.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They need a back up center that can come in and provide some defense and rebounding with AD on the bench.
Yea that as well.

Legit big, legit 3 & D player and a scorer off the bench.

Its possible Knecht is the scorer, but we'll have to see him do it though.

I can explain away the regular season struggles on Ham. However, if DLO stays..if he could just consistently be that guy he is in the regular season it would go a long way.

Brehs talk about Bron, but DLO's % dropped 10 % on 3s and FG against the Nuggets in the playoffs. Even worse in 2023.