The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Sometimes it is, a lot of the time its not. I've never heard of this queue ish until about a week ago, like I said, it doesn't make any sense you cant just get straight on. I even tried going though the server browser and still the same problem. If this keeps up over the weekend I might have to trade this thing in for forza. The multiplayer is crazy fun, but their servers are straight crap, activision can get it right and they cant? cmon

U seem slow breh, go get cod son :camby: u ain't ready for the big time, I haven't dropped a game in bout 2 weeks, and finding a server is easy also

Either join a quick match or find a servers wit about 50-55 players, cause in the bigger servers alot of people tryna join at the same time, which is why u get put in a Que, i like this Que feature cause if I'm tryna join a friend game I can wait in Que for a open slot

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
I've had my xb1 since black friday. definitely an impulse buy, but thats why you make money :manny:. I was a 3cept back in the days but also had a 360. I also don't get caught up in the stan wars but for now I'm reppin that box. when uncharted and GOW come out, i'll cop that ps4 but I'm not trippin for now.

I was one of the few people who HATED the 360 controller, i like their minor update to the controller and the triggers give me a sega saturn feel w the responsiveness :ahh:

I have 2k14 (50-19 online) and just got BF4 for $20. add my tag, MercuryHayes

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
One more questions fellas...i got the box to play music from my phone per instructions in this thread but is there a way to listen to my music while playing games? This is a big deal to me...

Also fellas add me. Warizlove....All I mostly play is cod , ki and I'm copping battle field tomorrow. ... i don't have no friends because they all are copping whenthe price drops:beli:
Right now, you can just "snap" the xbox music app while you are gaming.
Soon they will have it like it was on the Xbox 360 where you can run music without snapping
I'll keep you all posted on when that is going to happen...
Jesus fukking Christ does every game take two hours install.

:mindblown: I'm losing my mind over here every time I install a new game. This is my 3rd game, in the past three days...

Copped NBA2k btw
No game took longer than 5min to install for me :manny:
Dude, wtf is up with battlefield's servers? I finally make the switch from cod to battlefield after all these years and you cant even join a server. If I'm not getting kicked out, then I'm in a queue waiting for a server to jump on. Cod may have its faults, but at least you never have a problem getting on, and there's more people who have ghost which makes it even more difficult to understand why EAs servers are so bad.
EA uses there own servers, COD Ghost is using Microsofts free dedicated servers. Thats the difference
But you don't fully understand what the XB1 is doing for YOU. I'll elaborate after we look at your next post...
Sometimes it is, a lot of the time its not. I've never heard of this queue ish until about a week ago, like I said, it doesn't make any sense you cant just get straight on. I even tried going though the server browser and still the same problem. If this keeps up over the weekend I might have to trade this thing in for forza. The multiplayer is crazy fun, but their servers are straight crap, activision can get it right and they cant? cmon
Here's the thing bruh. First off, you are trying to join games that are FULL already. Thats your fault, not EA's :snoop:
But what you are not "understanding" and don't feel bad. I'd guess more than half of all xbox owners don't fully understand how/what the Que does for YOU :ahh:

Lets say you wanna join up a game with your friends, but the server is full. In Call of Duty, it would tell you that and you would manually have to keep trying. Maybe at the end of the round, your friends "might" then send you an invite. You might make it in time, other randoms might make it before you.
With the XB1, you are in a que, it tells you where you are in that que.

Then you are free to do something else. Watch TV, play another game. Play the campaign.
Once your spot opens up, you will get a prompt on screen saying "Do you wanna join game"
Its so you don't have to just sit around, waiting like people do on the waitstation 4

Embrace it bruh, the future is here NOW :blessed:

Daps
Right now, you can just "snap" the xbox music app while you are gaming.
Soon they will have it like it was on the Xbox 360 where you can run music without snapping
I'll keep you all posted on when that is going to happen...

No game took longer than 5min to install for me :manny:

EA uses there own servers, COD Ghost is using Microsofts free dedicated servers. Thats the difference
But you don't fully understand what the XB1 is doing for YOU. I'll elaborate after we look at your next post...

Here's the thing bruh. First off, you are trying to join games that are FULL already. Thats your fault, not EA's :snoop:
But what you are not "understanding" and don't feel bad. I'd guess more than half of all xbox owners don't fully understand how/what the Que does for YOU :ahh:

Lets say you wanna join up a game with your friends, but the server is full. In Call of Duty, it would tell you that and you would manually have to keep trying. Maybe at the end of the round, your friends "might" then send you an invite. You might make it in time, other randoms might make it before you.
With the XB1, you are in a que, it tells you where you are in that que.

Then you are free to do something else. Watch TV, play another game. Play the campaign.
Once your spot opens up, you will get a prompt on screen saying "Do you wanna join game"
Its so you don't have to just sit around, waiting like people do on the waitstation 4

Embrace it bruh, the future is here NOW :blessed:
Okay, for starters, you fail to understand that I do understand how servers work. I've tried joining games that show 15/20, only to be moved into queue. My gripe is more with infrastructure than setup, they should have been more prepared for this. The example you used for the queue is weaksauce because I've never had such problems accepting invites in previous cod games. Before this turns into a cod vs battlefield argument(considering I own battlefield) Ill once again re-iterate that I know how servers work, it isn't rocket science for those of us in the know. I'm saying their infrastructure should be as such that the queue isn't as necessary as it appears to be right now, waiting 10 minutes to get into a match isn't :blessed:for me.

Lol @ you tryina kick knowledge to me, no offense taken though. At the end of the day its just videogames.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Okay, for starters, you fail to understand that I do understand how servers work. I've tried joining games that show 15/20, only to be moved into queue. My gripe is more with infrastructure than setup, they should have been more prepared for this. The example you used for the queue is weaksauce because I've never had such problems accepting invites in previous cod games. Before this turns into a cod vs battlefield argument(considering I own battlefield) Ill once again re-iterate that I know how servers work, it isn't rocket science for those of us in the know. I'm saying their infrastructure should be as such that the queue isn't as necessary as it appears to be right now, waiting 10 minutes to get into a match isn't :blessed:for me.

Lol @ you tryina kick knowledge to me, no offense taken though. At the end of the day its just videogames.
Look bruh, I wasn't "trying". You just too much of a I guess COD-funboy to see it.
People give COD gamers a bad name, you are solidifying why that is :facepalm:
I'm glad you understand how servers work, so then why do you sound so dumb here :wtf:
You don't have the cue/que problem on COD? Thats because you join games that are NOT FULL
Let me make it bigger for you, YOU ARE JOINING GAMES THAT ARE NOT FULL
If you go to quick match on Battlefield 4, it doesn't put you into a cue/que. It puts you immediately into a game. From my experience, faster than even COD :manny:
So the only issue right now is your "understanding" of how these servers work. Which I skooled you on just now.
The Que/Cue is your friend. Makes it so you can join a friend easier. You hating on that is just your ignorance
I could give a shyt what game you prefer, just teaching you how things work. Your welcome :ufury2:

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
home for the holidays and my lil breh got a One... with one controller :damn:

And a defective Kinect...

Only played 2k14 so far and its top notch shyt i must say

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
2k really is on some fukkboy shyt

the link doesn't even lead to a 2k14 article. They don't even care at this point :snoop:

Edit: nevermind they changed it to a 2k14 article

I seriously have not been able to play anything online related except quick match.
2k servers are really starting to piss me off.

Card Holder

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
yo i just copped 2k14 today and the shyt keeps getting stuck on the myplayer screen, wtf is this?

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Just rented man of steel off redox instant
Why is shyt playing back in like SD
I know I rented the Hd one
If I switch to Netflix or Hulu, my shyt looks hd
This literally looks like a DVD screener

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
you using the Blu Ray player app?

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Oh nah, I was watching Persons of Interest season 1 blu ray discs the other day and that looked amazing

Nah xbox one has this red box instant streaming app. Superman rental 99 cents, and yeah what I got was 99 cents worth of crap, it looked like utter shyt streaming wise. Like I said earlier, went into the next room and my HBO go was streaming in hd, the Netflix on my 360 and Xbox one was streaming fine. But this redbox app... Pure crap

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Oh nah, I was watching Persons of Interest season 1 blu ray discs the other day and that looked amazing

Nah xbox one has this red box instant streaming app. Superman rental 99 cents, and yeah what I got was 99 cents worth of crap, it looked like utter shyt streaming wise. Like I said earlier, went into the next room and my HBO go was streaming in hd, the Netflix on my 360 and Xbox one was streaming fine. But this redbox app... Pure crap
ah alright, we don't even have that app here

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Serious question, and I know I could find this info elsewhere, but i figured I'd ask y'all first. I'm a big pc gamer, with a nice rig. Is there any reason for me to get an xbox 1, in terms of exclusives or something else I can't get in a pc? Or, should I just wait on a good exclusive to drop next year or the year after?