The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Nope posting struggle gifs no matter what they say is unfunny.

How's this for struggle? Serious question

0BxZq00.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
2k14 is beautiful and the core gameplay itself is much improved.
  • teammate AI is a bit smarter
  • dribbling and movement is powered by ecomotion which is great upgrade. There is little to no sliding and warping in the game
  • more animations
  • presentation is great
  • graphics are amazing. Probably one of the best looking games on the next gen consoles
  • it's really hard to drive to the paint and dunk on people which made people like Iggy or LeBron OP
  • with the new shot stick, I find driving into the lane better (the new stick will take time getting used to)
That being said, it does have its downfalls.

Gameplay
  • A few animations that run too long and you will get stuck in
  • blocks are a little OP
  • They took out defensive settings and replaced them with points of emphasis system. While this is simpler, it isn't as deep as having individual defensive settings and doesn't work sometimes.
  • Rebounds still need tweaking IMO but they are improved from previous iterations
  • Still a little too hard to stay in front of people on defense
  • Passes still need a little more zip on them
Game Modes
  • VC/micro-transactions run rampant throughout the game
  • no Association mode. replaced by VC filled MyGM mode
  • lack of customization as far as rosters/teams/MyPlayer go
  • MyPlayer is now a story mode which feels very scripted at times and can become repetitive
  • Online Association is still neglected and broken
  • MyTeam is improved. You can't buy players off a market instead all player you earn you get through packs which promotes variety, but in the same breath, promotes buying VC to get packs. Also, without a market to buy contracts and consumables, one is forced to buy more packs. So its basically a bad port of Ultimate Team from EA games
  • No Crew mode, instead they have a park mode, which the idea is great, but the execution of it sucked.
  • you know what you're getting with 2k servers
  • people still like to sit in zone defense but I feel this year, it is easier to pick apart zones with good passing and smart basketball
  • Haven't run into anything that was unstoppable online, mainly full court charge takers, and people sitting in zone all game

What does OP mean?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You know..... These threads are like a fanbases home.... But cats think they are funny or slick trynaa throw shots or bring this home.

Which makes one wonder how would they feel if a war was brought to their homes :demonic:

Sidenote..... What's the real deal of Assassin's Creed 4?

Is that like a new game altogether or is it still consistent with the past storylines?? Hate or love the last games, it seemed like more peeps had an opinion and kept talking about them but this game not so much. I been thinking about copping another game and been kinda curious about this!

On one end, I'm just not interested in pirates and didn't really like the sea missions in AC3. On the other end, the ending of AC3 left me perplexed and I'm curious to where everything is leading too

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
You know..... These threads are like a fanbases home.... But cats think they are funny or slick trynaa throw shots or bring this home.

Which makes one wonder how would they feel if a war was brought to their homes :demonic:

Sidenote..... What's the real deal of Assassin's Creed 4?

Is that like a new game altogether or is it still consistent with the past storylines?? Hate or love the last games, it seemed like more peeps had an opinion and kept talking about them but this game not so much. I been thinking about copping another game and been kinda curious about this!

On one end, I'm just not interested in pirates and didn't really like the sea missions in AC3. On the other end, the ending of AC3 left me perplexed and I'm curious to where everything is leading too

Assassins Creed 4 is a definite improvement over 3. The character is actually interesting compared to the one in 3. (they even mention how Connor was boring in 3). The story line is still about the Templar-Assassin fight going on in the real world, and character from the previous "trilogy" do make cameos (the modern day characters, and some of the animus characters). But this game is ultimately a stepping stool for what looks like another trilogy. I want to talk about more but I fear I'd give away spoilers.

I'm 98% synced with the game and still need to read through all the collectables to see where they are taking the story.

Gameplay wise, it is a very solid game contrary to what I thought it would be. I thought stepping away from large, robust cities from previous games would be to this games detriment but I was wrong. I found myself enjoying the spread out, smaller cities/jungles you'll find across AC4. The only downfall about this is there isn't any memorable landmarks from history. You'll never have that shock and awe feeling from climbing the Roman Coliseum or scaling the Sistine Chapel.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Assassins Creed 4 is a definite improvement over 3. The character is actually interesting compared to the one in 3. (they even mention how Connor was boring in 3). The story line is still about the Templar-Assassin fight going on in the real world, and character from the previous "trilogy" do make cameos (the modern day characters, and some of the animus characters). But this game is ultimately a stepping stool for what looks like another trilogy. I want to talk about more but I fear I'd give away spoilers.

I'm 98% synced with the game and still need to read through all the collectables to see where they are taking the story.

Gameplay wise, it is a very solid game contrary to what I thought it would be. I thought stepping away from large, robust cities from previous games would be to this games detriment but I was wrong. I found myself enjoying the spread out, smaller cities/jungles you'll find across AC4. The only downfall about this is there isn't any memorable landmarks from history. You'll never have that shock and awe feeling from climbing the Roman Coliseum or scaling the Sistine Chapel.

Ok well tell me about the sea battles.... Is that shyt like the last game or have they improved and how??

I know this may be contrary to popular belief but I actually liked Connor

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Ok well tell me about the sea battles.... Is that shyt like the last game or have they improved and how??

I know this may be contrary to popular belief but I actually liked Connor

The Sea battles are simple but fun. You'll find yourself beating most ships but can find yourself getting into sticky situations as harder tier ships tend to travel in packs. I believe they kept the core mechanics for ship battles from AC3 and tweaked it a bit. You now can board the ships after you disable them which can lead to extra rewards (after you fight the crew). The weather mechanic does create some added difficulty when taking on legendary ships and seizing forts.

Overall I didn't find the sea combat groundbreaking but it wasn't an annoyance.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The Sea battles are simple but fun. You'll find yourself beating most ships but can find yourself getting into sticky situations as harder tier ships tend to travel in packs. I believe they kept the core mechanics for ship battles from AC3 and tweaked it a bit. You now can board the ships after you disable them which can lead to extra rewards (after you fight the crew). The weather mechanic does create some added difficulty when taking on legendary ships and seizing forts.

Overall I didn't find the sea combat groundbreaking but it wasn't an annoyance.

So would you without a shadow of doubt say if there were only 2 options; pick AC4 over Ryse???

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
So would you without a shadow of doubt say if there were only 2 options; pick AC4 over Ryse???

Definitely AC4. Not to shyt on Ryse but I'm having more fun with AC4 then I had with Ryse GIVEN THAT I'VE ONLY PLAYED 3 LEVELS OF RYSE.

:whoa:But make sure you get other opinions I don't wanna get murdered for potentially ruining something

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

I have both and I had way more fun with Ryse. Be warned however that Ryse is pretty short, although i'm sure DLC will be coming any moment. AC is a much longer game, and is quite fun as well. But Ryse is a true next gen game. Truly an epic experience.