The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
yea i think the only bad matchup for Glacius is Glacius. even with Orchid I haven't figured out how to counter that yet
the positives is his attacks are really punishable especially that shoulder charge.I'm thinking you just have to be patient.When you rush him down he really has issues I played some really good ones today

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Alright, here is my full unbiased review after playing for the past few hours

First of all, it's not as big as people exaggerated it to be. The box was heavier but it basically came with like 7 things in it. Free Headset and HDMI cord too :usure:. It's much smaller and lighter than the original PS3 that it's sitting right next to under my TV

Secondly, It plays GREAT. I hate windows, but XBOX was the only thing it ever did right to me. I was gonna wait until the white box dropped, but I like the sleek of the black. Everything is already black in my house anyway. I haven't had any issues with the OS and the best part to me is that I can talk to this sucker and it will do what I want. It might be gimmicky but idk just yet. I haven't had ANY issues with the commands, it basically tells you what to say. Commands for the games idk, you have to read the manuals I guess. I actually just paused the game and said "controls" and controls just popped up

Next is the controller. A lot different from the 360's to me, lighter but less cheap feeling. The headset is much better quality though. The D-pad is cool, triggers and analogs are cool. I'll say the bumpers are the only thing I wouldn't like about the controller...

Also It's quiet as fukk. None of that "taking off" sounding shyt from the cooling fans, I barely notice it on.

And I will say that I figured out why they wouldn't make it backwards compatible. Mainly because you can play your 360 or whatever else you want through it. I don't use cable so idgaf about that, but i don't have many HDMI ports on the back of my TV. And with PS3/PS4 (if and when I cop) taking up HDMI space, it's cool to me that I can play my 360 or whatever else device through the Xbox one. It is cool for multitasking and not switching screens. I still haven't figured out everything to it. The good thing is that microsoft can and will push out OS updates to maybe make the snap screen bigger so someone can split screen between different consoles . Like I said, idk much about it so that might already be possible.

And now, the negatives...

Games are expensive as fukk. KI is free so thats cool, but I might need to just rent for now and see what I like.

I seen Rome, Forza, NFS, 2k14 look pretty good. Everything else is so-so. Dead Rising looks like it was ported off the 360 foreal, but it's still fun to play and thousands of zombies everywhere. I'm expecting games to get much better looking of course so it's no big deal. And I was just as impressed with PS4 graphics also.

And thats about it. Still haven't figured the system out with everything.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
the positives is his attacks are really punishable especially that shoulder charge.I'm thinking you just have to be patient.When you rush him down he really has issues I played some really good ones today
the thing that fukks me up is the ice ball move. when they hold on to it, even if you hit them, they can let it go and it stops your combo then they can start theirrs. getting in is easier with Orchid but I think Thunder does better staying in since shadow tomahawks have armor, and the throw cant be interrupted. :yeshrug:

i definitely need to be more patient against him though. I've figured out what to do against run away jagos and sadira though

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Alright, here is my full unbiased review after playing for the past few hours

First of all, it's not as big as people exaggerated it to be. The box was heavier but it basically came with like 7 things in it. Free Headset and HDMI cord too :usure:. It's much smaller and lighter than the original PS3 that it's sitting right next to under my TV

Secondly, It plays GREAT. I hate windows, but XBOX was the only thing it ever did right to me. I was gonna wait until the white box dropped, but I like the sleek of the black. Everything is already black in my house anyway. I haven't had any issues with the OS and the best part to me is that I can talk to this sucker and it will do what I want. It might be gimmicky but idk just yet. I haven't had ANY issues with the commands, it basically tells you what to say. Commands for the games idk, you have to read the manuals I guess. I actually just paused the game and said "controls" and controls just popped up

Next is the controller. A lot different from the 360's to me, lighter but less cheap feeling. The headset is much better quality though. The D-pad is cool, triggers and analogs are cool. I'll say the bumpers are the only thing I wouldn't like about the controller...

Also It's quiet as fukk. None of that "taking off" sounding shyt from the cooling fans, I barely notice it on.

And I will say that I figured out why they wouldn't make it backwards compatible. Mainly because you can play your 360 or whatever else you want through it. I don't use cable so idgaf about that, but i don't have many HDMI ports on the back of my TV. And with PS3/PS4 (if and when I cop) taking up HDMI space, it's cool to me that I can play my 360 or whatever else device through the Xbox one. It is cool for multitasking and not switching screens. I still haven't figured out everything to it. The good thing is that microsoft can and will push out OS updates to maybe make the snap screen bigger so someone can split screen between different consoles . Like I said, idk much about it so that might already be possible.

And now, the negatives...

Games are expensive as fukk. KI is free so thats cool, but I might need to just rent for now and see what I like.

I seen Rome, Forza, NFS, 2k14 look pretty good. Everything else is so-so. Dead Rising looks like it was ported off the 360 foreal, but it's still fun to play and thousands of zombies everywhere. I'm expecting games to get much better looking of course so it's no big deal. And I was just as impressed with PS4 graphics also.

And thats about it. Still haven't figured the system out with everything.

yeah but can u record clips from 360 games ? and is the screen big enough ?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Got the controller brick problem send that Shyt back to Microsoft about to buy a new one and to top it off the controller I am sending back a button was feeling fukk up. Cheap controller

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Fuuuuuuck, I cant play online...

Here's my problem: I cant connect my Xbox One to Xbox Live with my Iphone hotspot, but it recognizes it on the list of wireless networks

The 360 would connect perfectly to the hotspot and let me play when needed..

The only work around Im seeing is if your iphone is jailbroken, but I updated to 7.0 a while ago and lost my JB

Any idea on why its not working...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Fuuuuuuck, I cant play online...

Here's my problem: I cant connect my Xbox One to Xbox Live with my Iphone hotspot, but it recognizes it on the list of wireless networks

The 360 would connect perfectly to the hotspot and let me play when needed..

The only work around Im seeing is if your iphone is jailbroken, but I updated to 7.0 a while ago and lost my JB

Any idea on why its not working...

Use an iphone brehs...

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
system update today

http://majornelson.com/2013/12/10/xbox-one-system-update/

This update addresses the following:

• Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
  • Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
  • Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
  • Addresses dashboard performance for some users
  • Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
  • Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
We’ve got quite a few updates planned for the next year based on the community feedback we’ve been seeing, and I’ll have details on those in the future.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'll see what changed in a minute, probably nothing too important right now. they working on all the good stuff and fine tuning it in time for Titanfall no doubt. the one feature that I want back from 360 the most for some reason is notifications when someone on your friends list just booted up the game that your currently playing. made for getting games going a lot easier cuz right now I just check the snapped Activity feed every now and then

edit: 5 pm pt, gotta wait a few more hours

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How Do I Know If My Console Updated?

I Keep It In Low Power Mode So It Should Have Updated Automatically

But When I Came Home And Said XBOX ON It Turned On (Major Nelson Said After The Update You Have To Turn It On Manually)