The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
So what came with the day one systems, nothing?
And they didn't toss us any free shyt?
No "Oh, you copped the day one edition? Well here, have Killer Instinct for free for believing in Xbox" :handshake:
What was the difference between day one editions and standard editions?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
black box, achievement, and a day one stamp on the controller which has a silverish d-pad instead of black, and I think the xbox has one too, but I havent look/seen it for myself

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
can i use my fios remote for the cable box functions while the xbox is on on the oneguide?

Also is it possible to watch tv with the xbox off it just seems like it will kill the game controller battery if i can't turn off the xbox while my cable box is on

voice controls are ok so far but they need to make it so i can call out actual channel numbers

forza looks and feels amazing, battlefield looks nice and tomorrow i'll install 2k14

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
can i use my fios remote for the cable box functions while the xbox is on on the oneguide?

Also is it possible to watch tv with the xbox off it just seems like it will kill the game controller battery if i can't turn off the xbox while my cable box is on

voice controls are ok so far but they need to make it so i can call out actual channel numbers

forza looks and feels amazing, battlefield looks nice and tomorrow i'll install 2k14
Yes you can use your remote, your controller goes into a low power state then turns off after a few mins of inactivity.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
controller says Day One 2013 on it also has a chrome D pad instead of a black one. Comes in an all black box instead of green. comes with a day one achievement.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
WOW this shyt is smooth as fukk. (Similar to Windows Phone, but that's a whole 'nother thread...:laugh:)

But seriously, this is truly next level shyt. UI is fukking gorgeous. So intuitive. You can now PIN favorite games, and apps! This device is really the ultimate TV companion, the shyt Apple has been TRYING to do for the past few years. Amazing games, amazing HD Content, awesome presentation..:banderas:

We did it brehs. M$ did it....:lawd:

Overall, the system ya'll is amazing. All those on the fence need to jump in the water. The Resolution is just fine....:yes:

But I do have some negatives.

Why the fukk does the controller feel cheaper than the OG Xbox Joints? :aicmon: Shyt feels cheap to me.

Why the hell do installs take so damn long?:damn: A nikka got time to go for a run and shyt during an install. I blame this on the Japanese engineers that designed that crappy blue ray technology (ahem...Sony....ahem). But I'll save that rant for another thread...

Why the fukk are installs MANDATORY? shyt is bullshyt and unnecessary.)

Why is the system pushing the Kinect on us so damn much? Mine isn't connected, because the room i'm in has no room for it, But for some reason, there is this large big and red banner notifying me that the Kinect is disconnected. I'm like "I know that muthafukka, I DISCONNECTED IT! :damn:

I'll probably use it though once I get my second unit in the living room tough. I gots to get my Hip Hop Dance and Kinect Fitness on.:mj:

But despite these issues, its a great system.

Best system ever, and its just getting started....:bow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But I do have some negatives.

Why the fukk does the controller feel cheaper than the OG Xbox Joints? :aicmon: Shyt feels cheap to me.
other than the weird triggers and wide bumpers doesn't really feel that different to me

why the hell do installs take so damn long?:damn: A nikka got time to go for a run and shyt during an install. I blame this on the Japanese engineers that designed that crappy blue ray technology (ahem...Sony....ahem). But I'll save that rant for another thread...

Why the fukk are installs MANDATORY? shyt is bullshyt and unnecessary.
Phillips Sony Panasonic (and Toshiba) came up with DVD only Toshiba wasn't involved with Blu-Ray which was basically made by the same companies.

The games have to be installed cause they're on 50GB discs and the load times would be outta hand if they weren't.

Why is the system pushing the Kinect on us so damn much? Mine isn't connected, because the room i'm in has no room for it, But for some reason, there is this large big and red banner notifying me that the Kinect is disconnected. I'm like "I know that muthafukka, I DISCONNECTED IT! :damn:

I'll probably use it though once I get my second unit in the living room tough. I gots to get my Hip Hop Dance and Kinect Fitness on.:mj:
Blame Don Mattrick. He was pushing Kinect hard and he may be gone now but the titanic doesn't turn on a dime.

The real problem with Kinect is its broken
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-watching-tv-with-xbox-one/2300-8251/
if you watch that video you'll see at times he has to give it a command two or three times before it does it. at that point you're better off using a Xbox remote or the cable box remote. it in most cases is faster to use a conventional remote than do the voice commands.

Last edited:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's fun as fukk. Master the combat and feel like a superhero.
Pretty much, it is a lil repetitive, but still really fun I am playing on the second to hardest level (because the hardest is locked) but its fun trying to set up the 3 kill executions, and just in general the guys ruthlessness has not wore off at all.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
said screw it and plugged the cable box up to the One just to test it.. I guess the interface is ok if you know exactly what you wanna watch but channel surfing with voice commands is silly. constantly saying xbox oneguide page down page down page down over and over again its quicker to just grab the remote and do it.

may order something like this because i'd still want the box going to the av receiver.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

have you always had a vagina?

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Thoughts on Ryse;

Good game. It absolutely seems the poster game to show off the new graphics, meanwhile giving you a solid game to enjoy while being taken on this tour. It does nothing amazing, but at the same time does nothing terrible. Storyline is pretty good as well.

Once you figure out the combat, how to block, combo, work in all the other moves, executions and all that stuff, your guy can be such a bad ass and it's pretty rewarding. it has some similarities to batman for sure, and once you figure out the gameplay and you can basically destroy armies without getting touched, it's pretty awesome, you feel like Achilles from troy

The fact that they don't give you a huge 20 hour campaign and instead leave you wanting more as opposed to making the game too long and risk getting stale was pretty smart of them to do... sometimes I prefer a shorter campaign because long games can sometimes get tedious and I get bored with them and don't finish them

If I were scoring it like IGN right now, it'd probably be in that 8.0-8.5 range, something like an 8.3

was basically planning on just playing the first level or two and then finishing my install on forza but I got hooked and i'm like 20% through it already

Last edited: