Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Part 2

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a fan of Call of Duty these days and haven’t enjoyed a COD game since Black Ops. I didn’t buy Ghosts for the 360 and I won’t be buying Ghosts for Xbox One (although I may rent it). I should point out that this decision was made well in advance of last night’s event and I didn’t expect my mind to be changed by playing this game. Low and behold, it wasn’t. Not that my experience last night was negative. Far from it in fact; I really enjoyed the two matches I played and finished up in the top three each time. It was great playing on a LAN. There was no lag and no host compensation. It really is the perfect way to play the game. But everything I don’t like about the game is still there. Knifing, quick scoping, silly respawns, the lot. This is a Call of Duty game through and through. If you liked the last one, you’ll like this one. The lack of over powered air based kill streaks was good move and I hope they keep this going forward. It keeps the combat on the ground. What really did surprise me is the graphics. This is very good looking game, despite ‘Resolutiongate’. The environments and the characters all looked very detailed and very sharp. It was easily the best looking COD game I’ve seen. For reference we were playing on 36” HDTVs and I was standing two or three feet from the screen. It also played as smooth as anything I’ve seen. There was not a single hiccup in graphics during either of the two games I played. If you were waiting for this on the Xbox One, I think you’ll be happy, at least with the graphics anyway.

Battlefield 4
This is my other launch day game, after Dead Rising 3 and I spent about an hour playing it last night. There was only one map playable (Zavod 113) and one mode available (Domination). The only bad thing I can really say about this game is that, based on the build that was available to us, it’s the worst looking game of the launch line up for Xbox One. The easiest game to compare it to in terms of graphics is Call Of Duty and there was a clear winner. Hint - it’s not Battlefield. It did disappoint me a little and I hope that on release that a bit more graphical prowess can be sneaked into the game via a day one update. Don’t take form this that Battlefield is a bad looking game because it’s not. Too me, it’s just bottom of the launch pile in terms of graphics.

Battlefield 4 also makes great use of the Kinect. The lean function is excellent (you lean, and the Kinect moves your character the same way). It might seem like a gimmick but given you probably do this naturally as you are playing, it works very well. You can also shout commands for ammo, medic and vehicle support and it gets instantly marked up on the map. It's much faster than flicking through the menu to request help but it remains to be seen how comfortable people will be with voice commands.

All that side, I loved my time with this game and if you’re a Battlefield fan, this is simply a must have title. The whole menu interface has been overhauled making it much easier to use. Within the first five minutes of playing I was popping into customisation menus and configuring weapons with ease. The guns felt nice and weighty and they all packed some serious recoil, more than I remember from any other Battlefield game. The knife/counter knife mechanic is quite fun and I can see a bright future for the Xbox One DVR function here. This was an Infantry only map so unfortunately there were no vehicles to be played with.

I also played Killer Instinct (2 quick games) and Forza (1 race). If you are a KI fan, you will not be disappointed. It’s fast, furious and brutal. What remains to be seen is how it translates into a Free-to-Play title. Forza… well, it’s a racing game. Looks outstanding (although in context, I think Ryse looked better) but I find them boring. I didn’t spend enough time with it to give a objective opinon.

http://unionvgf.com/index.php?threads/xbox-one-event-impressions-dublin-edition.1690/

:win:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this whole ps4 is starting to open alot of ps4 fans eye's.

I'm just glad people can start to kinda see things for what they are, so is way more hype than actual action. With that said they still had one of the top 3 consoles ever, the ps2. :wow:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Does Xbox run MP3 s & blurays at launch???

I'm leaning in this direction now ..Sony seems to be dropping the ball

I want the media device that does it all..i dont care about the games anymore ...anyway it seems like the Xbox is hitting those points more than Sony in this gen

Walk into the light that is the Xbox One.

walking-into-light.gif

:to: Its so beautiful friends...:to:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
ryse_spike_by_raziel1992-d6ud6ni.gif

Crappy reviews or not. :wow:

All that matters. Vast majority of those cats doing early reviews rush through games.

I think Coli Brehs should start their own reviews on game. Simple. Smiley System

Great = :banderas:
Good = :gladbron:
Average = :ehh:
Weak = :shaq2:
shyt = :stopitslime:

Separate Review for Single and multiplayer if a game has it. only mufukkaz confirmed with the game should do the reviews as well. For single player, you must have finished the game (achievements and trophys can easily verify this). Not needed for multiplayer.

Thoughts? :patrice:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Tell me do you own a tv that was made in the last two years?

If you do that TV has all the "capabilities" of your glorified Xbone :rudy:

Nikkas is so brainwashed breh :heh:

My sammy the ole lady got me for my birthday does just that. The DLNA built into the TV is stronger than my ps3 as well. Eliminates the middle man and plays mkvs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Here's something i pointed out on CAG and another poster confirmed.

Tomorrow Gamestop is offering 90% TIV bonus for any trades towards an Xbox One Preorders.

A PS4 right now trades in for $275 you do the math and figure out what you can do with $522 worth of TIV you only paid $400+ tax for.

I'm kicking myself for returning that extra PS4. Bout to go look for another one today.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
We’re excited to announce the Battlefield 4 Second Assault Live Stream, presented by AMD. Get a first look at the Battlefield 4 Second Assault expansion, featuring four fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, pushed to their limits with the power of Frostbite 3 and redesigned to enhance gameplay.

Join us on Wednesday, November 20th at 12PM PST as we live stream three matches on Battlefield 4 Second Assault maps, available first on Xbox One starting November 22nd.

DICE LA, the creators of Battlefield 4 Second Assault, will show off a new game mode, Capture the Flag, and three of the four new maps. Throughout the stream we’ll answer your questions about the expansion pack and Battlefield 4 Premium. At the end you’ll catch the worldwide premiere of the Battlefield 4 Second Assault launch trailer.

Stay tuned for more information – the live stream is next week!
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/1...econd-assault-live-stream-fb-111413&cid=18592
Xbox 1 brehs we :eat:day 1 premium nikkaz at least:ahh:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
All that matters. Vast majority of those cats doing early reviews rush through games.

I think Coli Brehs should start their own reviews on game. Simple. Smiley System

Great = :banderas:
Good = :gladbron:
Average = :ehh:
Weak = :shaq2:
shyt = :stopitslime:

Separate Review for Single and multiplayer if a game has it. only mufukkaz confirmed with the game should do the reviews as well. For single player, you must have finished the game (achievements and trophys can easily verify this). Not needed for multiplayer.

Thoughts? :patrice:
I agree! can I add that will need at least 2 or 3 coli reviews for it to be official to weed some bias? Btw good idea

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Tell me do you own a tv that was made in the last two years?

If you do that TV has all the "capabilities" of your glorified Xbone :rudy:

Nikkas is so brainwashed breh :heh:
Um no you must not know all the capilties of the X1, No tv can snap and multitask like the X1. Even Smart tv's are limited in scope to the apps coming to X1 or even the PS4. Most smart tv's are finicky and slow. That not even touching the kinect features at all

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Say brehs,imma need all of yall's help,my GF finna buy me my Xbox ONE next week,only thing is,my gaming set up on 360 won't transition well wen I get it,I use a full HD monitor to play 360,I love it,but no HDMI input,didn't bug me one bit cuz I used VGA adapter wit RCA splits that were needed for my turtle beaches anyways,wich is how I ALWAYS play anyways,if I needed sound I just used bypass extension from beaches n connected ir to my Sony hi fidelity shelf system,wat I'm asking is,I know I read that for video just use a hdmi/dvi converter,but do they have An adapter to connect the hdmi to RCA to use the aux input,tryna spend the least money,was thinking of getting a gaming monitor with hdmi on amazon for cheap,but it wouldn't fix my sound problem,help brehs :blessed: