The Official Xbox One X Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
OLED have the best pictures but I’m not sure the difference in visuals is worth the extra your paying RIGHT NOW. You can save like 400-700 dollars buying getting the BEST LED TVs with Dolby Vision that has a high contrast rating.

Also keep in mind....OLEDs have image retention....which won’t be a big deal if you don’t have images on your tv static all the time but I know when I watch ps vue on a channel like abc...those logos in the corner chill their the whole time....you get the picture. Just something to mentiOn even though in most cases it won’t be a issue for you.

Again OLEDs look the best but it’s up to you if you’re willing to pay that extra money for that.....imo it’s not worth it for the price right now. I compare my current Samsung KS8500 and mine still looks great in comparison but not quite as good. Then I think about how much I paid for mine....I’m glad I stuck with what I have.....and there’s newer TVs with Dolby Vision that look equal or better in hdr than mine so.....

Tcl sells GREAT looking 4k TVs (their p series line) that has Dolby Vision and a great picture to go with it (Dolby vision is the best looking hdr you can get. If you think hdr is overrated....make sure you’ve seen Dolby Vision hdr before you make that statement lol).

I think in the 55 inch range...the tcl p series is the best bang for your buck....you can get a really nice one for $850...if you need to check out the ratings off all these make rtings.com your bookmark before you buy TVs. You can pay a little more for even better models and still be cheaper than OLEDs too.
The only problem with OLEDs is the auto brightness limiter.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
just realized you can get a 55 inch tcl p series tv for $649 now...that shyt is crazy for what you get.
Brehs...

I've been pretty adamant that I don't want to be on first adopter status - regarding price - for TVs.

I'm going to get the TCL P607 and next year, cop a high end 4k when they reduce price and move the TCL into the master bedroom.

The Rting review is appropriate for my first foray into 4k gaming.

I DO have my eye on that LG C7, though. I'm just weary about coping a high end screen right before next year's crop...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs...

I've been pretty adamant that I don't want to be on first adopter status - regarding price - for TVs.

I'm going to get the TCL P607 and next year, cop a high end 4k when they reduce price and move the TCL into the master bedroom.

I DO have my eye on that LG C7, though. I'm just weary about coping a high end screen right before next year's crop...

if you wanted the c7 i actually think the opposite. Next years models are gonna be much more expensive im sure. regardless....im still getting either a TCL P607 or a LG C7 around black friday IF they go down in price. If not....im copping that p607....oled is nice but id feel raped spending that much for that amount of difference. Another thing is.......the tcl has less lag input....which is better for gaming. If money isnt a issue though...i feel you with the c7...its nice.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Brehs...

That TCL doesn't have a true 10 bit panel. You get what you pay for. In order to meet the industry defined HDR spec a panel has to be native 10 bit and have 1000 nits of brightness. That TCL uses backlight trickery to simulate a 10 bit panel and only has 750 nits of brightness.

54.6" TCL 55P607 - Specifications

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That TCL doesn't have a true 10 bit panel. You get what you pay for. In order to meet the industry defined HDR spec a panel has to be native 10 bit and have 1000 nits of brightness. That TCL uses backlight trickery to simulate a 10 bit panel and only has 750 nits of brightness.

54.6" TCL 55P607 - Specifications

have you seen one in person? Its nice bro...trust me. I have a samsung ks8500 and ive seen the C7 so many times....regardless of what you are saying im not even interested in seeing if thats factual or not because to my eyes it doesnt matter and you wouldnt know if somebody told you lol.