The Official Xbox One X Thread

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, casual gamer question. Are Sony & MS not making next gen consoles any time soon? Why do they keep making these updated versions of the PS & Xbox??

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Brehs, casual gamer question. Are Sony & MS not making next gen consoles any time soon? Why do they keep making these updated versions of the PS & Xbox??
Well, it’s all rumors at this point, but some are saying this is MS’s last console. I assume Sony is making a new one though. Probably 2019-2020

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn thats crazy. So its just gonna be Sony & Nintendo? :picard:
Well, there is PC, which Microsoft is going in pretty heavily (they release almost all their exclusives on PC [minus Halo]). If I had to guess, I see them moving toward PC completely in the coming years.

I really hope they make another console though. I happen to like the Xbox 1 a lot. Plus, competition is a good thing for consumers

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

My personal theory is this is more of copying from PC. This way, MS and Sony don't have to start libraries from scratch. Shifts the burden (depending on your perspective) to the developers.

Yup, I have the C model. I actually like the slight curve, but it's not for everybody. But either way, it's a great TV breh.

:dame:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, there is PC, which Microsoft is going in pretty heavily (they release almost all their exclusives on PC [minus Halo]). If I had to guess, I see them moving toward PC completely in the coming years.

I really hope they make another console though. I happen to like the Xbox 1 a lot. Plus, competition is a good thing for consumers
Man I’ve had every Xbox I’d hate to see them go. But if they wanna put all their chips in PC, fukkem. Competition is good for us.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OLED have the best pictures but I’m not sure the difference in visuals is worth the extra your paying RIGHT NOW. You can save like 400-700 dollars buying getting the BEST LED TVs with Dolby Vision that has a high contrast rating.

Also keep in mind....OLEDs have image retention....which won’t be a big deal if you don’t have images on your tv static all the time but I know when I watch ps vue on a channel like abc...those logos in the corner chill their the whole time....you get the picture. Just something to mentiOn even though in most cases it won’t be a issue for you.

Again OLEDs look the best but it’s up to you if you’re willing to pay that extra money for that.....imo it’s not worth it for the price right now. I compare my current Samsung KS8500 and mine still looks great in comparison but not quite as good. Then I think about how much I paid for mine....I’m glad I stuck with what I have.....and there’s newer TVs with Dolby Vision that look equal or better in hdr than mine so.....

Tcl sells GREAT looking 4k TVs (their p series line) that has Dolby Vision and a great picture to go with it (Dolby vision is the best looking hdr you can get. If you think hdr is overrated....make sure you’ve seen Dolby Vision hdr before you make that statement lol).

I think in the 55 inch range...the tcl p series is the best bang for your buck....you can get a really nice one for $650...if you need to check out the ratings off all these make rtings.com your bookmark before you buy TVs. You can pay a little more for even better models and still be cheaper than OLEDs too.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
OLED have the best pictures but I’m not sure the difference in visuals is worth the extra your paying RIGHT NOW. You can save like 400-700 dollars buying getting the BEST LED TVs with Dolby Vision that has a high contrast rating.

Also keep in mind....OLEDs have image retention....which won’t be a big deal if you don’t have images on your tv static all the time but I know when I watch ps vue on a channel like abc...those logos in the corner chill their the whole time....you get the picture. Just something to mentiOn even though in most cases it won’t be a issue for you.

Again OLEDs look the best but it’s up to you if you’re willing to pay that extra money for that.....imo it’s not worth it for the price right now. I compare my current Samsung KS8500 and mine still looks great in comparison but not quite as good. Then I think about how much I paid for mine....I’m glad I stuck with what I have.....and there’s newer TVs with Dolby Vision that look equal or better in hdr than mine so.....

Tcl sells GREAT looking 4k TVs (their p series line) that has Dolby Vision and a great picture to go with it (Dolby vision is the best looking hdr you can get. If you think hdr is overrated....make sure you’ve seen Dolby Vision hdr before you make that statement lol).

I think in the 55 inch range...the tcl p series is the best bang for your buck....you can get a really nice one for $850...if you need to check out the ratings off all these make rtings.com your bookmark before you buy TVs. You can pay a little more for even better models and still be cheaper than OLEDs too.
Pixel shift technology :win:

But for real, I worry about burn in. I don’t even watch 21:9 tv shows for more than two hours cuz I’m so paranoid :merchant:

So far so good though :whew:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
You Stan this shyt 24/7 and don't have the discipline to save your money for it ?
:russ:

best kinda gaming monitor for this system?

I know my current one can't handle the advanced tech in this to properly get the benefits. Was gonna get a ps4 for MLB the Show but this X is intriguing :takedat: