The Official "Wrestlemania 36" Thread 1st ever Two-night WM (April 4th & 5th)

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Y’all helped make this weekend a lot of fun TSC at a time where fun is a tough to find commodity

Not that it was a surprise because that’s what the fukk we do around here

but I felt like reiterating it since we don’t give one another the props we should

champ_is_here.gif
:salute:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We can say a lot about how the ideas for this were largely jacked from Matt Hardy and Lucha Underground, and why they've basically never worked without one of Matt Hardy, Jeremy Borash, or the LU crew involved in the execution (and all the reason why their attempt with the Boneyard Match sucked and bored me to tears), but this was legitimately fantastic and fascinating objectively. Not just on WWE's sliding scale.

I hate a lot of things that WWE does and have basically given up on them, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. They created something legitimately fascinating and unique with this.

Jeremy Borash was the main creative mind behind the Boneyard Match. Stop it. The match was great..

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I agree.

I just like the feel of a big day moment. Not a big weekend moment.

I don't even watch wrestling as consistently as I used to, but nothing beats Wrestlemania Sunday and getting with the crew to watch. Which I and many others would certainly not have two parties for two nights of WM. The diehards would, but not the casuals.

WM is almost similar to the Super Bowl. Which is why the Super Bowl is the best of all the major sports championships. It's a one day, winner take all EVENT which makes the day special. Not dragged out over multiple days like MLB, NBA, and NHL's big championship events.

The crowd wouldn't be able to maintain the intensity for back to back days either. (not to mention the whole week...what, they'd have to make Takeover take place on their Wednesday night now(?), put the HOF at Thursday, keep Smackdown at Friday [cuz FOX damn sure aint paying WWE all that money to have them punt their show during WM weekend], and then do the 2 nights of WM, followed by RAW on Monday)

I get the argument for two days and wanting to allocate each match their deserved time limit and the idea that it helps pace the show and fans better...but when an event is one night only it brings so much value to the show.

So again, keep it one night and have the best matches/stars make the show...if you don't, tough luck. :yeshrug:
I get where you coming from and take this rep homie. I had a bunch typed but am tired as hell and was rambling :russ:

And this is me just freestyling here:
I feel like what Vince is gonna do is likely look into this format in some form in the future if the numbers for this weekend are decent (not lock in do it, but look into the profitability of potentially keeping that format in the chamber in case it could be used in the future instead of keeping it once like WM 2’s format)

We know if there’s profit to be made from it, Vince will buck whoever to make that profit

HOF: it would continue in some form, could likely be moved back to Survivor Series weekend as it used to be held on (Class of 1996 was Survivor Series weekend)

WM was also broadcast on the Fox Sports app for the first time this year, so I’m sure Fox is likely seeing some $ off the multiple days as well.

NXT is where I keep getting stumped. I keep thinking absorb this particular Takeover into the two days of WM as some of those NXT classics we all know and love could help propel a given mania to classic status given certain circumstances, but that could be my sleep deprivation talking

:salute:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Jeremy Borash was the main creative mind behind the Boneyard Match. Stop it. The match was great..

Lies, that match was painful. 55 year old white tough guy fantasies. The entire feud didn't need to exist.

Never said Borash was infallible, just that he was one of the minds behind the foundational works. :manny:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ghostbusters-gif-19.gif

What in the world. Orton really went demonic tonight and so did Edge:merchant:...and of course the fukking servers got scared shytless too :unimpressed:

fukkin Orton was hanging Edge in the gym
And the coli servers were down

I was like yo thats what fukkin benoit did

So weird the forum was down for this shyt

Teflon cokeboy wont even catch heat for this but AEW would

:mjlol: