The Official "Wrestlemania 36" Thread 1st ever Two-night WM (April 4th & 5th)

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Why can’t these matches be a 20 minute back and forth hoss fight instead of these bullshyt ass finisher/signature spamming matches? shyt was ass and definitely took a lil bit away from the moment. But whatever, congratulations to Drew.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
In the WWE....

The coronavirus forced them into creativity that they haven’t used in ages. Other companies post-WCW/ECW closure have done interesting things and have been ahead of the curve for a long time, but the WWE beat into fans heads that only the WWE exists and nothing else matters, despite them hijacking wrestlers and ideas from other companies historically.

We can say a lot about how the ideas for this were largely jacked from Matt Hardy and Lucha Underground, and why they've basically never worked without one of Matt Hardy, Jeremy Borash, or the LU crew involved in the execution (and all the reason why their attempt with the Boneyard Match sucked and bored me to tears), but this was legitimately fantastic and fascinating objectively. Not just on WWE's sliding scale.

I hate a lot of things that WWE does and have basically given up on them, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. They created something legitimately fascinating and unique with this.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
minus Edge Orton tonight was terrible

that Cena Fiend thing was bizarre and terrible. shoulda just had a match

Main event was terrible was as well. was like 4 minutes smh lol

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Honestly I don’t see how you could view the firefly funhouse match any other way but great. The storytelling is on point. It didn’t have a lot of actual wrestling but it was a great visual for casual watchers as well as long time watchers who could get all of the call backs and little nuances. With what they were given I’d say they hit it out of the park.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Night 2 was the “weaker” night. However the only highlights was Rhea vs. Charlotte and the future Academy Award winning Firefly Funhouse match which was :blessed::whoo::bryan::whew::ooh::ohlawd:

THAT moment SAVED Bray Wyatt’s career :wow:

Just a few years ago Vinny Mac had Bray booked to dress up as a woman and face Finn Balor as “Sister Abigail.” Then him, Roman, and a few others got sick and it forced Vince to cancel the match.

Fast forward to now and Vinny Mac was yet again botchered his freshly new character and if things would have went normally. Cena would have beaten him at WM...again. But then the pandemic happened and Vince was forced to switch plans.

God looking out for Bray...

This Wrestlemania will be remembered forever. Vinny Mac managed to pull a rabbit out of his ass...AGAIN :damn:!!!!

Love him or hate him Vince McMahon is a true hustler and he saw the vision. Even when we didn’t...

Anybody else would have postponed/cancelled the event. But he KNEW how important Wrestlemania is for the FANS. And he somehow SOME WAY found a way.

Its gonna be a sad day when he leaves this earth...
Bruh this virus got you emotional or something? You been stanning TF out Vince last two days like he was your dad on his death bed :russ:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
No matter the debate about the card, one thing is for sure: 2 nights of Mania is def the way to do it going forward
Eh. I feel it lessens the event.

It worked for this year cuz of the pandemic but there's no need to stretch it to two days.

How about the noble idea that the best wrestlers/stories make the main card?

Not everyone on the roster needs a match.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I do like not sitting 10 hours straight but imo 2 nights makes the event smaller, not everyone is tuning in both nights. All casuals will tune in one night. Most WWE fans will tune in both nights but the casuals are not. I would like to see how the ratings were both nights and see the ratings from past wrestlemanias