The Official "Wrestlemania 36" Thread 1st ever Two-night WM (April 4th & 5th)

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Eh. I feel it lessens the event.

It worked for this year cuz of the pandemic but there's no need to stretch it to two days.

How about the noble idea that the best wrestlers/stories make the main card?

Not everyone on the card needs a match.
We both know our idea of what constitutes the best wrestlers/stories means jack when Vince books what he wants to see, not what the fans consider the “best” :mjlol:

If shyt went off what we the fans wanted, Sasha would’ve won the belt tonight and Bianca would’ve made Charlotte vs Rhea a triple threat

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I do like not sitting 10 hours straight but imo 2 nights makes the event smaller, not everyone is tuning in both nights. All casuals will tune in one night. Most WWE fans will tune in both nights but the casuals are not. I would like to see how the ratings were both nights and see the ratings from past wrestlemanias

The HOF is normally Saturday night though.... which they cancelled this year....

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
We both know our idea of what constitutes the best wrestlers/stories means jack when Vince books what he wants to see, not what the fans consider the “best” :mjlol:

If that was the case, Sasha would’ve won the belt tonight and Bianca would’ve made Charlotte vs Rhea a triple threat
I agree.

I just like the feel of a big day moment. Not a big weekend moment.

I don't even watch wrestling as consistently as I used to, but nothing beats Wrestlemania Sunday and getting with the crew to watch. Which I and many others would certainly not dedicate my time or resources into having two parties for two nights of WM. The diehards would, but not the casuals.

WM is almost similar to the Super Bowl. Which is why the Super Bowl is the best of all the major sports championships. It's a one day, winner take all EVENT which makes the day special. Not dragged out over multiple days like MLB, NBA, and NHL's big championship events.

The crowd wouldn't be able to maintain the intensity for back to back days either. (not to mention the whole week...what, they'd have to make Takeover take place on their Wednesday night now(?), put the HOF at Thursday, keep Smackdown at Friday [cuz FOX damn sure aint paying WWE all that money to have them punt their show during WM weekend], and then do the 2 nights of WM, followed by RAW on Monday)

I get the argument for two days and wanting to allocate each match their deserved time limit and the idea that it helps pace the show and fans better...but when an event is one night only it brings so much value to the show.

So again, keep it one night and have the best matches/stars make the show...if you don't make the cut, tough luck. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
IlliterateRichCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

:shaq:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
We can say a lot about how the ideas for this were largely jacked from Matt Hardy and Lucha Underground, and why they've basically never worked without one of Matt Hardy, Jeremy Borash, or the LU crew involved in the execution (and all the reason why their attempt with the Boneyard Match sucked and bored me to tears), but this was legitimately fantastic and fascinating objectively. Not just on WWE's sliding scale.

I hate a lot of things that WWE does and have basically given up on them, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. They created something legitimately fascinating and unique with this.
I said it before in jest, but Bray worked closely with Matt Hardy for a while, in both reality and kayfabe and I think learned a lot from him in regards to what we saw tonight, and really the Funhouse gimmick in general.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Someone direct me to a quality video of the Bray and aj styles matches :feedme:
I'm not giving WWE anymore of my money

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it before in jest, but Bray worked closely with Matt Hardy for a while, in both reality and kayfabe and I think learned a lot from him in regards to what we saw tonight, and really the Funhouse gimmick in general.
Matt just did an interview where he talked about him and Bray pitching all types of stuff to creative that got shut down.