The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Episode was wild...

When they shot bae Killgrave Maeve shyt took me back to the way I felt when that demonic cheating Russian killed Apollo...Thank the robot gawds she still alive...:whew:

I'm assuming the trauma with his wife woke Lawrence...Hence why Maeve couldn't control him...Too bad he didn't live long enough to enjoy his wokeness
...:francis:

MIB theory pretty much confirmed, he's a hybrid...Notice how both he and Maeve took mortal wounds but neither died...I'm assuming the door Ford told him about is something like Bernards/Arnolds in this episode...A closet with MIB suits...

Murda Teddy with the dual wielding pistols...:wow:

I don't blame that dude for not clapping Elon Musk wife...I don't even fukk with white women like that but she bad as hell...:takedat:

Professor of fukkery Ford transferring imself into Bernard iced the episode...:damn:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
teddy got some tom cruise vibes.lol

Ford is back big time!!!!!!

the cliché(like the seduce or coincidental saves) is what make the show generic. they should make those moments more natural.
Those moments are the only thing that take me out of it. Tessa Thompson was saved by not one, but TWO generic saves in one scene :mjlol:
Rest of the shyt is GOAT material tho

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Hey ya'll. I'm not quite hate watching this show, more like 'slightly annoyed watching'. Allow me a quick rant full of things I'm sure ya'll have already discussed here but as I haven't been reading about this show outside of just watching it I don't get to see people express their frustrations:

- Why are all the hosts robocops all the sudden? I get that machines should be more accurate than humans but did they get all their levels turned up? These dudes are snipers
- Why are hosts who've never seen modern technology somehow just mowing through huge groups of highly trained humans? This makes no sense to me. Hosts that aren't programmed for military assault tactics are somehow operating like terminators out here. It's nuts
- actually those are my only real beefs. The show is intentionally convoluted and confusing so that is what it is

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Hey ya'll. I'm not quite hate watching this show, more like 'slightly annoyed watching'. Allow me a quick rant full of things I'm sure ya'll have already discussed here but as I haven't been reading about this show outside of just watching it I don't get to see people express their frustrations:

- Why are all the hosts robocops all the sudden? I get that machines should be more accurate than humans but did they get all their levels turned up? These dudes are snipers
- Why are hosts who've never seen modern technology somehow just mowing through huge groups of highly trained humans? This makes no sense to me. Hosts that aren't programmed for military assault tactics are somehow operating like terminators out here. It's nuts
- actually those are my only real beefs. The show is intentionally convoluted and confusing so that is what it is
Everyone riding with Delores aka Wyatt had their stats altered like Teddy...That's why they all look so demonic...

Look how quick simping Theodore turned to murda Teddy when that dude altered his stats...

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET

I'll admit I've had to suspend my disbelief also in a lot of instances this season.

Season 1 set out rules and these rules were always followed, any anomalies were explained thoroughly and in a manner that respected the viewer. But most importantly respected the sci-fi elements of the world they were creating. This season they've completely ignored rules set out in Season 1 or have not explained how or why certain things are happening, which makes it confusing. In trying to enlarge the scope of WestWorld (integration of Samurai world and a half ass attempt at including the Cradle (which in my opinion should've been saved maybe for future seasons rather than a footnote in this season) and by giving Maeve messianic qualities they've muddled that too. I also feel like the convenient line they've fell back on all season is that it was Ford's plan and even though I now know what they meant by that, it seems extremely lazy.

My biggest fear going into this season from the promotion was that it would move away from its focus on sci-fi elements and philosophical inquiry and turn into like a Terminator movie, which imo isn't the strongest aspect of this show. Some of the large set pieces have been boring, the only compelling action scenes have involved William as the stakes are real in his case. The timeline has meant that some scenes have also lost any tension. For example last ep we see Stubbs and Hale are perfectly fine in the current timeline, so when we see Dolores and Teddy meet with them in the past timeline, it almost seems anti-climactic.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
With that being said I've enjoyed MiB's storyline so far. I wish they did more on the past, especially with Logan and MiB's family. They could've explored that whole data mining idea a bit more. But with that being said, maybe they will in the forthcoming episodes.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
One of those shows where you have to watch an analysis video immediately after cause ur brain wasn't big enough to soak it all up the first time.

:mindblown:

2 seasons in and it's already surpassed The Wire, Sopranos and Game of Thrones for me

it could very well fall off as the seasons mount, but as it stands right now its at the top of the list imo.

:aicmon:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Everyone riding with Delores aka Wyatt had their stats altered like Teddy...That's why they all look so demonic...

Look how quick simping Theodore turned to murda Teddy when that dude altered his stats...

Makes sense

I'll admit I've had to suspend my disbelief also in a lot of instances this season.

Season 1 set out rules and these rules were always followed, any anomalies were explained thoroughly and in a manner that respected the viewer. But most importantly respected the sci-fi elements of the world they were creating. This season they've completely ignored rules set out in Season 1 or have not explained how or why certain things are happening, which makes it confusing. In trying to enlarge the scope of WestWorld (integration of Samurai world and a half ass attempt at including the Cradle (which in my opinion should've been saved maybe for future seasons rather than a footnote in this season) and by giving Maeve messianic qualities they've muddled that too. I also feel like the convenient line they've fell back on all season is that it was Ford's plan and even though I now know what they meant by that, it seems extremely lazy.

My biggest fear going into this season from the promotion was that it would move away from its focus on sci-fi elements and philosophical inquiry and turn into like a Terminator movie, which imo isn't the strongest aspect of this show. Some of the large set pieces have been boring, the only compelling action scenes have involved William as the stakes are real in his case. The timeline has meant that some scenes have also lost any tension. For example last ep we see Stubbs and Hale are perfectly fine in the current timeline, so when we see Dolores and Teddy meet with them in the past timeline, it almost seems anti-climactic.

Agreed. I even question how Samuri world works. We knew that in Westworld originally the bullets couldn't hurt the guests somehow (even though even a paintball or bebe to the eye could be problematic which they never explained), so are the arrows somehow non lethal? The swords they used as their main weapons?