The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
When I was re-watching season 1, I had a theory about the main story. There's a scene where Teddy says this:

What I was thinking was that this was Ford's outline of his master plan, formed into a narrative that the Hosts could understand.
In this story, the "legendary man" that was killed over and over again is the Wyatt personality inhabiting Dolores. What we're seeing right now is the "tireless fury" where Dolores is vanquishing all of her oppressors. Right now, she wants to kill all humans and conquer the REAL world, since she thinks that that is the only way to survive.

Here's the thing:
Even though this is what Dolores wants, and this is what Ford wants Dolores to want at this stage, I don't really think that this is what Ford wants in the end. Ford (was) human, so I don't really think he wants the hosts to kill/enslave all humans in the Matrix. I think he wants both sides (represented by Dolores vs William) to brutally fight it out, in order to teach BOTH of them a lesson. In the end, the "House" built by Dolores will be Westworld itself as an AI nation and the "Maze" will be some kind of Doomsday weapon/defense system that keeps all humans off the island and keeps us from just nuking it because of the threat of Mutual Assured Destruction. Basically, I think Ford wants both sides to cause massive deaths to each other until they get tired of fighting and figure out on their own to respect each other. ("The only winning move is not to play")

I'm kind of thinking of the AI nation from "The Animatrix" that existed alongside the humans for a while until the war broke out again.

Dope theory, in a way it could also apply to Bernard/Arnold though. He literally built the maze itself and he's legendary in both worlds. The "building a house" also corresponds to the 2nd episode where him and Dolores visit his house that was under construction. He said that it was built to be close to Westworld...

Also keep in mind that at the end of the first episode he says that he "killed them all". :lupe:

There's parallels from the maze narrative to both Wyatt and Bernard who ironically is the only host (and person for that matter) that Wyatt/Dolores actually respects.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i don't get how there is too much going on... seems so simple to me, especially in comparison to the first season

they are showing timelines of how the park started.. that's arnold walking around delores and them getting to the first meeting

that timeline skips 5 years ahead, after the meeting to show how MIB took over and what his real plans were

there's a timeline immediately after the board massacre.. that is clearly marked by them asking benard questions, then the screen shaking, then him going back in his mind. this is where delores is running around, going to war.. we don't know her end game yet

then there's the current timeline, 2 weeks after the massacre... benard is helping them figure out what happened in the two weeks gone

that's it... what's so hard to grasp? we aren't being mind fukked, thinking its all one timeline. they have put out the info right there for you. we are trying to find out what happened to start these parks and what happened since shyt went wrong

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Also i wonder what are the true purpose of the all white skeleton faceless robots? Is just helper in the lab or could have more serious programming? shyt is stealthy as hell and freaky. Bernard was shook of it which is why I wonder about it.

Maybe the helper hosts are wearing skins of Teddy or Bernard and his programming doesn't allow him to see it? I dunno, this show is clever but dumb at the same time

The main draw of a show shouldn't be to showcase how clever the showrunners are. Any good show has to has its emotional beats that hook the viewer. Genuine human interactions.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Maeve can't control the Ghost Nation. The hosts are too old.

It's in Teddy's programming to kill Wyatt

Delores has two accents, one for her and one for Wyatt. And Wyatt's eyes are red. Bloodshot look of madness.

Felix, whatsapp

Is Bernard still malfunctioning?

:heh: these multiple timeline storylines ain't shyt. Don't ever try to read/watch something like Stein's;Gate.

Though I WILL admit season 2 is missing that :dwillhuh: level of existential meta mind fukkery that makes you question the nature of human consciousness.

But it's only episode 3, so :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The most interesting character right now is Teddy. On one hand he's programmed to love Dolores faithfully. On the other he's programmed to be a stand-up good guy. Dolores is already plotting on his ass.

It's good that they're introducing a new character, especially one who already seems somewhat aware of the dangerous potential of hosts being used for manipulation. Too much circling around the familiarities.

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
I'm wondering if people complaining about being confused aren't giving the show their full attention. I'm guilty of doing that for the 1sr 2 EPs. I did it for ep 3 as well but I rewatched that one and amazingly it made sense. I plan on rewatching the 1st 2 Tonite so I can be back up to speed. I do know I'm bored by Delores' storyline so far. Hopefully it picks up.

There's a difference between being confused and the show not answering questions. For instance, we thought Maeve could control all hosts but Ghost Nation proved that not to be the case. So although we don't know why she can't control GN, there's nothing confusing about whether she can control all hosts.

When I saw that I thought that she couldn’t because it wasn’t in his language. I feel like that does and doesn’t make sense

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
PyaOi-KRzu8krF-2T60JYcfcbEO8sA6DR8p9hKhd12I.jpg

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
The most interesting character right now is Teddy. On one hand he's programmed to love Dolores faithfully. On the other he's programmed to be a stand-up good guy. Dolores is already plotting on his ass.

It's good that they're introducing a new character, especially one who already seems somewhat aware of the dangerous potential of hosts being used for manipulation. Too much circling around the familiarities.

Must be the case.. Cause in the first season storyline loop he is usually saving Delores and helping/being loyal to everything she wants.

Also that crazy cowboy outlaw in the first season went off script a bit when he killed the guy by pouring milk down his throat. So maybe Teddy hasn't reached consciousness but is just going off script a bit with disobeying/not saving/helping her. After all the robots have not been serviced, wiped and rebooted constantly like the first season.

I'm watching the first season again now cause I've forgotten/missed a few details here in there.