The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
One piece that hasn't been discussed from the beginning of the third episode is that the man who butchered the hosts in the safari section was believed to be a guest by the woman. Based on what we've already seen about them collecting guest DNA it might be safe to say that was a host doppleganger :lupe:

It seems like the end game of switching out guests w/ clones is to make the perfect Manchurian candidate. One problem though is that obviously they don't age... they'd eventually have to be replaced with an older looking model if they wanted to keep the charade going.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
One piece that hasn't been discussed from the beginning of the third episode is that the man who butchered the hosts in the safari section was believed to be a guest by the woman. Based on what we've already seen about them collecting guest DNA it might be safe to say that was a host doppleganger :lupe:

It seems like the end game of switching out guests w/ clones is to make the perfect Manchurian candidate. One problem though is that obviously they don't age... they'd eventually have to be replaced with an older looking model if they wanted to keep the charade going.

The one who shot the guy and ended up getting shot by the girl? He was a host, just one who the girl knew well and was trying to reason with.

I think. :lupe:

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
that broad trash. and her body sucks, so when she nekkid, no fukks are given.

but the story is fire, so i let her boring ass, weird acting not bother me as much. but she def gettin too much screen time to me. more ed harris is needed.
:ohhh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

No, she knew he was a host.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They're still setting up the chess pieces. It feels like HBO said we need you to fill in after GOT, so this season is setting up for the next 5.

They're still world building.
I think the problem is they still haven’t really defined what the MAIN story is. Is the base of this show robots vs humans on some Terminator shyt(“Wyatt”) or robots gaining sentience and breaking free of the world they’ve been put in like The Truman Show, but, with robots(Maeve)? Or is it about the DNA they’ve been taking and placing hosts in society? Or is it one big love story with William and Delores? The individual storylines are all shown on a relatively equal level so it’s hard to distinguish between primary, secondary, and tertiary plots. This can make it harder to follow if you’re not super tuned in, since nothing captures your attention more than anything else.

All the subplots in GoT generally funneled back to the throne, with the white walkers always in the background. What’s “the throne” of Westworld? What’s the “Night King”? They haven’t had clear answers for any of those yet. So I understand the hate, even if I think it’s fantastic.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Took me 3 seasons to care about GoT and to actually begin to understand what's going on

Been hooked on this show since the very first episode

Love both but this has pulled me in quicker (I normally would have quit Thrones after 1st season but since I begin watching it after it's 4th season I was promised it would get better and it did)

can't wait til Samurai world next week

:blessed:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
is this show going out of its way to be the most confusing show on TV?

I mean the introduction today with totally new characters in a setting we have never seen was absurd.
:snoop:

Some of these complaints man.....

Knowing what happened in Westworld and the fact that hosts in the new park were fine then went nuts let's us easily identify what point in time shyt is taking place. The dude she fukked said the tiger hunt was "at the edge of the park" which explains how she crossed into a different zone. There was absolutely nothing confusing about that scene (other than outrunning the tiger:heh:)

Cats need to put down their phones and shyt when watching this.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the problem is they still haven’t really defined what the MAIN story is. Is the base of this show robots vs humans on some Terminator shyt(“Wyatt”) or robots gaining sentience and breaking free of the world they’ve been put in like The Truman Show, but, with robots(Maeve)? Or is it about the DNA they’ve been taking and placing hosts in society? Or is it one big love story with William and Delores?

I'm gonna focus on this part.

You basically just described the same story line from different perspectives. It's some "Terminator shyt" because the robots are trying to break free....the humans meanwhile had plans for the robots beyond what goes on in the park, hence the DNA subplot....the William and Delores love story ties into the first point, which is, are they in love or just following their original directives?

This show is 3 episodes into season 2, of course a lot of subplots ain't connecting yet. The "GOT" comparison is kinda :what: because there was several arcs that had little to nothing to do with the "main story" until later seasons....this would be like asking why ain't Dany fighting White Walkers in season 2....she wasn't even on the same continent as the rest of the characters until season 7.:mjlol:

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think the problem is they still haven’t really defined what the MAIN story is. Is the base of this show robots vs humans on some Terminator shyt(“Wyatt”) or robots gaining sentience and breaking free of the world they’ve been put in like The Truman Show, but, with robots(Maeve)? Or is it about the DNA they’ve been taking and placing hosts in society? Or is it one big love story with William and Delores? The individual storylines are all shown on a relatively equal level so it’s hard to distinguish between primary, secondary, and tertiary plots. This can make it harder to follow if you’re not super tuned in, since nothing captures your attention more than anything else.

All the subplots in GoT generally funneled back to the throne, with the white walkers always in the background. What’s “the throne” of Westworld? What’s the “Night King”? They haven’t had clear answers for any of those yet. So I understand the hate, even if I think it’s fantastic.

When I was re-watching season 1, I had a theory about the main story. There's a scene where Teddy says this:

The Maze is an old Native myth. The Maze itself is the sum of a man’s life. The choices he makes, the dreams he hangs onto. And there at the center there’s a legendary man who had been killed over and over again countless times. But always clawed his way back to life. The man returned for a last time to vanquish all his oppressors in a tireless fury. Built a house and around that house he built a maze so complicated only he could navigate through it. I reckon he’s seen enough fighting.

What I was thinking was that this was Ford's outline of his master plan, formed into a narrative that the Hosts could understand.
In this story, the "legendary man" that was killed over and over again is the Wyatt personality inhabiting Dolores. What we're seeing right now is the "tireless fury" where Dolores is vanquishing all of her oppressors. Right now, she wants to kill all humans and conquer the REAL world, since she thinks that that is the only way to survive.

Here's the thing:
Even though this is what Dolores wants, and this is what Ford wants Dolores to want at this stage, I don't really think that this is what Ford wants in the end. Ford (was) human, so I don't really think he wants the hosts to kill/enslave all humans in the Matrix. I think he wants both sides (represented by Dolores vs William) to brutally fight it out, in order to teach BOTH of them a lesson. In the end, the "House" built by Dolores will be Westworld itself as an AI nation and the "Maze" will be some kind of Doomsday weapon/defense system that keeps all humans off the island and keeps us from just nuking it because of the threat of Mutual Assured Destruction. Basically, I think Ford wants both sides to cause massive deaths to each other until they get tired of fighting and figure out on their own to respect each other. ("The only winning move is not to play")

I'm kind of thinking of the AI nation from "The Animatrix" that existed alongside the humans for a while until the war broke out again.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
That scene actually brought up a lot of very interesting questions...

The scene almost serves as "the maze" for Teddy. He's been written to be Dolores's protector but he also has the strong urge not to compromise his character/his beliefs. The way the scene played out, Teddy's lines and reactions seemed to imply that he relapsed back into his heroic script. However I'm not sure that's actually what happened and particularly when you remember what the major said to Teddy about both of them being valorous soldiers under the command of tyrants before he was about to be shot. If "the maze" amounts to questioning your reality, Teddy appears to have genuinely questioned his unwavering loyalty to Dolores for the first time.

Yeah people thought Delores was reaching consciousness or making her own decisions but Teddy could have just did that for real. :ohhh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Also i wonder what are the true purpose of the all white skeleton faceless robots? Is just helper in the lab or could have more serious programming? shyt is stealthy as hell and freaky. Bernard was shook of it which is why I wonder about it.