The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I don't get the complaints about new characters and shyt being confusing. It's the third episode lmao. People act like they've never seen a show introduce new characters to tie into the story after season 1.

Ok episode.

-Benard's a great actor imo. The dudes face expressions are so on point and realistic. It's hard to explain but the shyt he does with his body language, mannerisms, and expressions are sooooo amazing.

-I love Dolores character change. I seen people complain about her character being rough and tough now but people must forget she's a robot. I could easily believe she broke out of code and went haywire to take over. I feel like people forget that aspect of the show that half of these characters are robot who are all programmed to be different.

-I also at the same time just imagine the actress Dolores being in Blacked. I feel like she would win some awards.

-I realized watching this that I find myself cheering for the robots. It's cool to sit back and do because if this was reality it'd be the other way around.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
disobey delores, brehs

That scene actually brought up a lot of very interesting questions...

The scene almost serves as "the maze" for Teddy. He's been written to be Dolores's protector but he also has the strong urge not to compromise his character/his beliefs. The way the scene played out, Teddy's lines and reactions seemed to imply that he relapsed back into his heroic script. However I'm not sure that's actually what happened and particularly when you remember what the major said to Teddy about both of them being valorous soldiers under the command of tyrants before he was about to be shot. If "the maze" amounts to questioning your reality, Teddy appears to have genuinely questioned his unwavering loyalty to Dolores for the first time.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
On a different note, how do we really know that Charlotte is human? They scanned the back of her neck but based on the events of the 1st and 2nd season so far it doesn't seem farfetched that there are ways to circumvent a bio scan. What all explains her level of clearance/access in Delos to where she assumes default command of their personnel? With the new information about the origins of Westworld in the 2nd episode it seems like the constants from the project's past are William, Arnold/Bernard, Robert and the investor family. What is Charlotte's connection to them? :jbhmm:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
On a different note, how do we really know that Charlotte is human? They scanned the back of her neck but based on the events of the 1st and 2nd season so far it doesn't seem farfetched that there are ways to circumvent a bio scan. What all explains her level of clearance/access in Delos to where she assumes default command of their personnel? With the new information about the origins of Westworld in the 2nd episode it seems like the constants from the project's past are William, Arnold/Bernard, Robert and the investor family. What is Charlotte's connection to them? :jbhmm:
We don’t really know that ANYONE is human except William. Charlotte, however, is a mid/high-ranking rep from Delos. I seriously doubt that William would place hosts in high-ranking positions within his company and she can’t be a plant because Delos wouldn’t plant themselves. So 5% chance she’s a host

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Episode wasn't anything special to me. Simply setting the stage for later reveals.

I like Delores more when she displays ranged emotion. This Wyatt persona is dry as hell.
Crazy how Maeve scenes went from :wow::ohlawd::banderas: in season 1 to :snooze: this season. Wake me when she finds her "daughter."

I miss Hopkins. :mjcry:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
well that's not what I hated

I hated the way the action was filmed. We just saw a massacre where the AI held nothing back. Yet in this episodes opening scene the AI stares down the human and allows her to pick up a gun, find 2 bullets, nervously place the bullets in the gun, cock it, and shoot him - AND HE'S STILL 15 FEET AWAY FROM HER

Then.

What attacking Tiger let's their prey run away from them like that? She shouldn't have been able to run more than 5 steps before he pounced on her.

All minor gripes. But gripes that need to be point out because I hate plot devices. They set all that up just so we could see her struggle to get to shore and be captured by the natives.
The tiger got shot silly. :mjlol:

Be surprised the tiger kept up the pursuit at all.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That scene actually brought up a lot of very interesting questions...

The scene almost serves as "the maze" for Teddy. He's been written to be Dolores's protector but he also has the strong urge not to compromise his character/his beliefs. The way the scene played out, Teddy's lines and reactions seemed to imply that he relapsed back into his heroic script. However I'm not sure that's actually what happened and particularly when you remember what the major said to Teddy about both of them being valorous soldiers under the command of tyrants before he was about to be shot. If "the maze" amounts to questioning your reality, Teddy appears to have genuinely questioned his unwavering loyalty to Dolores for the first time.
Agree. I was rollin when Delores had the :scust:face when he disobeyed his master.

Not feeling Delores honestly, I wish she wasn't a main character.

Having a tough time connecting to characters that I know are robots, with the exception of Maeve and Bernard who have both displayed believable human emotions
Yeah. Somebody said Rachel Evan wood is the weak link and it actually is true. I know thy probably writing for her to come off “robotic” now that she’s “woke” but Maeve has a lot more charisma and Bernard obviously does as well. Just because you a host don’t mean you gotta be a stiff actress

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This season hasn't quite pulled me in yet, friends. I'm staying on board, and I loved S1 so much. S2 so far is the opposite of S1 for me. S1 I felt like I understood the plot but not the timelines. This time I feel like I've got the timelines figured out, but not the plot so much.

I think there are some rules that aren't fully clear with the hosts and how they're behaving, and no one's story am I super invested in at this point. Bernard's story is the one I'm most invested in.

Sticking it out, though.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not feeling Delores honestly, I wish she wasn't a main character.

Having a tough time connecting to characters that I know are robots, with the exception of Maeve and Bernard who have both displayed believable human emotions
Agreed.

I also think Anthony Hopkins' presence is sorely missed this season, and we haven't seen a ton of Ed Harris after 3 episodes.

Hopkins and Harris were the most compelling characters of the show to me, although I'm sure we will get more Ed Harris soon.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This season hasn't quite pulled me in yet, friends. I'm staying on board, and I loved S1 so much. S2 so far is the opposite of S1 for me. S1 I felt like I understood the plot but not the timelines. This time I feel like I've got the timelines figured out, but not the plot so much.
It's extremely easy to say you understood the plot of season 1 now that you're watching season 2. There's nikkas in here saying they hate the multiple timelines this season yet they loved season 1:mjlol:Season 1 was just as confusing as this season is at this point. Pretty much the only sure thing by episode 3 season 1 was that some of the hosts were gonna become woke. We didnt know what the hell the MiB was up to, what the point of following Will and Logan was( which no one seemed to question at the time), the Ford, Bernard, Arnold dynamic, what Delos' grand scheme was, etc. I personally love that this show has me right back to wondering where it's headed even while it's filling in blanks from the past.