The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maeve is on God Mode status. Even with her encounter with Delores she simply planted some intellectual seeds and Delores couldn't even front on what she had to say and let her go about her way.

It appears that Delores was designed to be 'Always-On' so to speak. And now that she's woke, she remembers everything. That's what this episode really hit home on. Showed us all those experiences that she was in that are now fueling her quest for "freedom".

Code

Banned
Daps
No, Maeve can still control them. She stopped that one cannibalist from attacked ol' dude.

No I meant awakened as in having all their memories, so dolores and maeve should be equals

The cannibalist and the rest of the hosts are not alive, they can just kill humans now

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I kind of predicted that Ford(Hopkins) would be doing this all season.I'm starting to think he did all this for his own pleasure(a sporting event to him) and is just watching somewhere like The Architect in Matrix, and observing human vs robots interactions.It seems like he still in somewhat control to me but that's my opinion/theory. He basically staged his death to rule in background.(He has a God Complex)

I dont think any of the robots really have full control over anything...I still think they are doing what they are programmed to do all along. Like maybe Delores is a prototype sleeper honey pot spy-assassin that is being put through a trial and error. Basically Ford would send Delores to any powerful man that he has a problem with in the "real world", "to sleep with him and play house", then reveal her true intentions after collecting enough intel. Also, he said something about Bernard taking extra time with her and that she was a special favorite in the flash back...hmmm. Bernard also seems like he wants her sexually too..LOL

We've seen advanced robots like Maeve have a little more Freedom but not complete freewill. Like the evil dude's robot body guard ( Niander Wallace and LUV) in Blade Runner 2029. Not saying its the same situation(as blade runner) but I wouldn't be surprised if its similar. Matter of fact isn't Bernard in that same role already?(the advanced robot that think it is truly conscious because it has a little more freewill and some control/knowledge over the other robots.)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Teddy: "Why, why, why did you that?"
Tech Breh: "Just for fun"

This could be a pre-cursor to the Matrix, or Animatrix to be honest, or Battlestar Galactica.

Delores overlooking Japan, but not fully grasping the concept even while rebelling. It is a sad and tragic concept so far...
China

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I meant awakened as in having all their memories, so dolores and maeve should be equals

The cannibalist and the rest of the hosts are not alive, they can just kill humans now

I think Maeve was the first to have all of her memories from season one and was following the same exact narrative as Delores until she got on the train and made an irrational choice to find her daughter and therefore breaking her loop. When we saw both of them meet, it was glaring of how different Delores and Maeve are. I believe Delores is still following a narrative that Ford set up and not even know it. Maeve on the other hand is literally doing her own thing.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks

We got more flashbacks in this episode... but I think they were executed pretty well.

How say you?
:jbhmm:
I'm not watching for another 4 episodes. I smelled Lost on the season premier, I'll come back later. It's clear they saw Mr Robot swagging out and thought shyt was easy. I'm not giving this show weekly attention again.:hubie:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just starting the ep, had to pause it at the themesong opening. Not for nothing profound or no huge reach, but...

I'm kinda hurt and disappointed that Robert Arnold didn't realize what was going on.

"It looks like stars scattered across the ground..... have you ever seen such splendor?"

Just seconds before, he said that Delores and his son had much in common.

Delores did what any child does when they have an overwhelming sense of awe at something an adult finds mundane.

She expressed it as best she could with her limited vocabulary. But the awe was real.

He was disappointed at her lack of words to express an awe she shouldn't have even felt. :mjcry:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Maeve passing freely thru:youngsabo:

Did Dolores see that one of the people following Maeve was the head writer? Does the fact that hosts don't see guests as "protected" any more also mean that hosts can no longer even sense who is a guest? Is dressing up in a disguise and acting like you belong in this world enough to fool Dolores and her followers?

Lawrence didn't seem to have any understanding that William was something other than a guy that saved him and had some weird supernatural knowledge.

Another interesting thing we learned is that there were only 50 members of Dolores/Wyatt's gang. All the other hundreds of hosts are still out there living the lives past the end of their last scripted loops (except with the safeties and "Samaritan Reflexes" turned off). So Ford's game programming may be preventing William from building an army of *followers*, but if he "role plays" correctly he should still be able to manipulate the storylines to go in his direction. For example, he should be able to spread rumors to the Union Army troops from last year that that notorious outlaw Wyatt is talking to the Confederados, and let THEM "decide" to go after Dolores on their own.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This was a great episode. Much more of what I want from the show and a definite improvement over last week.
Agreed.

Man, I'm much more sold this week than last week of Dolores actually being self-aware and not just acting out a new narrative by Ford, but I feel like they're trying to swerve us.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The highlight of this episode was the convo between Maeve and Dolores. As said, Dolores still follows some sort of narrative in her mind, programmed or not, and she bonds herself in her quest for "freedom".

At every juncture they show us that Teddy does not know what to feel, and as such now appears even more likely to break free of what he is than Dolores at this point.