The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you. Dolores just isn't an interesting character and the narrative is centered around her through the two episodes.
the only two characters that interest me are maeve and bernard/arnold and they ain't getting the focus. the rest are trash/useless plot device bots.

the flashbacks are interesting because i did like last season so learning more about the creation of westworld interests me.

not enough to watch live every week though. fukk that. :francis:

they clearly marketing this show to people obsessing over every detail on reddit now or something. that shyt ain't gonna fly with your average person who just wants to be entertained on sunday.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the only two characters that interest me are maeve and bernard/arnold and they ain't getting the focus. the rest are trash/useless plot device bots.

the flashbacks are interesting because i did like last season so learning more about the creation of westworld interests me.

not enough to watch live every week though. fukk that. :francis:

they clearly marketing this show to people obsessing over every detail on reddit now or something. that shyt ain't gonna fly with your average person who just wants to be entertained on sunday.

Definitely agree with the last point. During the promo run, the writers themselves alluded to spoiling it early because of the people on Reddit. They're making the show more complicated than it has to be. That's the problem with everyone thinking they have a theory. Eventually it gets out of hand and loud enough that mainstream outlets cover it.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I’m to the point where all I really care about now is seeing how the park works and got started. The behind the scene nuggets and technology showcases and different kinds of parks and the sinister corporate shenanigans like dna harvesting. That to me is still more interesting than any of the bot revenge slash ai vs real subplots driving the narrative.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, delores got real world names and addresses of everybody:mjlol:

Gotta be more to it than just compiling potential info from guest to use for advertising. Delos end game gotta be creating hosts for the real world power players like in the flim.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m to the point where all I really care about now is seeing how the park works and got started. The behind the scene nuggets and technology showcases and different kinds of parks and the sinister corporate shenanigans like dna harvesting. That to me is still more interesting than any of the bot revenge slash ai vs real subplots driving the narrative.

I think that's the main premise of the entire season. Not what's going on present day, but how everything lead to present day.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope episode. I also felt the season 2 premier was dope and people underestimated it because it was mainly to set everything up for the season. Pretty much this season is giving you the backstory of everything that happened in orchestrating the park to which William admitted being complicit in its creation after Alfred attempted to destroy it. So, we have that backstory of how that leads up to that in correlation to the Man in Black's mission for redemption. We also have Delores own mission and how it'll end with all the bodies in the newly discovered late. We do not know what part that Bernard plays in this because he wasn't in this episode whereas the 1st episode was mostly Bernard centric.

One thing that I am certain more than ever is that Delores is still playing the narrative whereas Maeve is the only one that's truely free and independent.