The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Were those Hosts

in the lake playing possum or did Deloras knock off Teddy? Or did Benard when he did that mesh network shyt?

Anyone watch the show "Altered Carbon"? The host's bodies in the lake could just be empty "sleeves". They have control of the equipment to make new bodies and we've seen that their brains are removeable.

That's why that black mercenary had that Red card with Benard's face on it in the opening scene
:ohhh:

Didn't even think of that. Did Ford even bother to give Bernard a fake real world ID with Social Security numbers, Passports, records, etc? The real Arnold is long dead and if he were alive would look like an old man, so he can't just simply steal Arnold's identity.

Man wtf was that kid saying to black hat? That voice changing was annoying.

They gotta go out of business after this all done right? All the lawsuits from families, almost all the company board is dead except for baby with the fat ass and thin chest.

The parks would probably go out of business, but Charlotte said that the technology/information/IP in Abernathy's head was worth billions and billions of dollars. That's ALL they care about, more than the surviving executives in the park.

Last season Ford mentioned that Delos was planning something he called "The Undertaking", and he said they were playing God even more than him. Sounds like they're up to some comic book supervillain stuff we still don't fully know about.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The kid was a robot that Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins) had made of himself last season. He remade his entire family as hosts/robots. Before he died in the finale last season, it appears that he put a message in the boy's head for Man in Black/William. The message he was saying is basically that Man in Black found the center of Arnold's maze, but that game wasn't for him, and he knew he was sad about that, so he decided to make a real game that actually was meant for him. Man in Black is happy because the stakes are real now, and he can actually die in the park. Ford is saying basically that Man in Black doesn't have to keep doing the same adventures with just higher stakes, but that there actually is a game going on now that he's mean to play.

he said, ""now, you're in my game. And in this game, you have to make it back out [of the Maze], you have to find the door. Congratulations, William, this game is for you. The game begins where you end, ends where you began...Everything is code here William, you know that more than anyone""

Reading it out on paper, there are a lot of parallels to what Arnold told Dolores about the Maze.

Weird thought:
Dolores is Arnold's creation.
The MiB is Robert's creation, since he (as the MiB) "began" inside the game world that Robert created.

The new game is a fight between the "avatars" of Ford and Robert from beyond the grave.

Ironically, if the MiB wins it fulfills Arnold's goal of destroying the park (and probably causing humans to ban the technology).

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
One thing that just occurred to me is that when Delos rolled through the main town in the beginning of Westworld, they made a point to show that all of the human bodies on the ground were in varying degrees of decomposition... except Ford's, his skintone looked the same :lupe:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Watching s1 was a waste of time. All the main characters have comepletely different personalities and motivations now. None of them are likable and I don't understand why Hopkins made skynet. I'm getting Lost vibes, looking like it's about time to bail.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I think the problem a lot of people are having is that it was easy to stumble into S1 not knowing what the hell was going on and be damn near overwhelmed by the dizzying array of reveals and plot twists by the end.

But now it's all reset. There feels like there's nothing to reveal during the first ep of S2.

Even a dead Teddy is pretty much a moot point. It's a dead Teddy.

BUT it was still a great premier.
Floki in Westworld :gladbron:

Delores riding that horse though :shaq:

Woke Delores is terrifying :merchant:

Man in Black finally gets to play the real game:wow:

Maeve should’ve offed this british idiot right after he gave her the map :birdman:

These security goons are terrible at breaching :mjlol:

Diabolical Delos tryna take over the world using hosts? :jbhmm:

Teddy just wants to live in peace :mjcry:

fukk them writers for cutting away from naked Tessa Thompson :pacspit:

Bernard having the existential crisis to end all existential crisises :pachaha:

I really can't say much more than the above :heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This show deserves a far better showing on here.

shyt like the walking horseshyt gets insane numbers here yet a real show like this struggles smh

The Coli gotta open their minds and stop giving time to bs shows like WD

This forum isn't any indication of the show's popularity. I remember people were constantly talking about season 1 was gonna get cancelled....come to find out it was averaging 11 mill an episode.

Fred.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
One thing that just occurred to me is that when Delos rolled through the main town in the beginning of Westworld, they made a point to show that all of the human bodies on the ground were in varying degrees of decomposition... except Ford's, his skintone looked the same :lupe:

Maybe because Ford was like 90 years old and the process had already started :ld:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think the problem a lot of people are having is that it was easy to stumble into S1 not knowing what the hell was going on and be damn near overwhelmed by the dizzying array of reveals and plot twists by the end.

But now it's all reset. There feels like there's nothing to reveal during the first ep of S2.

Even a dead Teddy is pretty much a moot point. It's a dead Teddy.

BUT it was still a great premier.

This. You can't really expect them to invent the wheel again right of the bat. It had to continue on where everybody is at now (in the past after the finale's events) and where things will go (Bernard and the sea in the present/future).

I do think this episode lacked a bit of character, mostly because all the important host characters are either batshyt crazy or questioning their existence. But at least MIB is still around and the right kind of crazy.:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
This forum isn't any indication of the show's popularity. I remember people were constantly talking about season 1 was gonna get cancelled....come to find out it was averaging 11 mill an episode.

Fred.
Oh I’m fully aware of it’s placement in ratings. This forum just blows on catching up. This show in my opinion deserves to already be on thrones status it’s ahead of the curve.