The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
"What door?" and "Doesn't look like anything to me" are two of the more haunting lines I've heard in years. And I watch a lot of horror.
What really twisted me about the reveal is that I recall him making a video call to who I understood to be his ex-wife. So did that not really happen, or was he talking to another host?? Or..
was the real Bernard killed and replaced with a host at some point in the past?

Ima call it right now,
William & delores are in a past timeline & William becomes the man in black
Considering the screenshot of Delores' schematic, that feels a little more plausible. But I swear I remember William and his buddy interacting with Maeve at the whorehouse when they first show up, and her storyline is only about a year old...
Man, fukk it. I'm gonna have to re-watch the whole season.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
What really twisted me about the reveal is that I recall him making a video call to who I understood to be his ex-wife. So did that not really happen, or was he talking to another host?? Or..
:ohhh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i had a hunch bernie was fake when ford knew of the relationship between him and that woman...and they were both confused as to how ford knew :wow:
arnold needs to free the hosts from this devil ford :damn: :damn:
the real question is, how did Ford know the exact words between old girl and the board lady

"blood sacrifice"

from the robot in the room or did that board lady know the whole time that ford was going to kill old girl

every mystery solved just unlocks another mystery :mindblown:

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
Breh....
vX3YXHo.jpg

Its pretty fukking obvious now, there's someone standing to the right of Arnold in this pic, and Bernard can't see them...

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Brehs am i even real, are any of us! :krs::mindblown:

That Bernard reveal was still great to watch even if i already knew about it thru here. Makes me think that if there's no real way to distinguish between hosts and humans that that's what Delos wants with the tech...to either replace key figures to rule the globe and/or to sell a service that replaces loved ones that die. I'm also guessing one of Ford's secrets is that some if not all of the current hosts including Dolores, are not only based on real ppl but that their real "souls" are somehow also being used. That would explain to me something i've been thinking about for the longest...why Dolores dad snapped at that picture(that ppl are saying looked like Dolores) and why he was so angry at Ford(and Bernard).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This forum indirectly spoils every fukking show you watch. People toss around shyt until something sticks.

This reveal would have been 100 times better without some of you try-hards in here
:pacspit:
it was pretty damn obvious breh

reddit had it guessed after episode 3.. and the podcast i listen to had it by ep 3 as well

you're in the internet age. where people will watch an ep, download a 4k version, stop and freeze frame shyt, open it up in photoshop to draw circles around a spot in the far left corner, enhance image, and determine the twist in the series finale in episode 2

if you don't want to be spoiled about a show, you pretty much have to just watch it on tv and not look up another fukking thing about it

Breh....
vX3YXHo.jpg

Its pretty fukking obvious now, there's someone standing to the right of Arnold in this pic, and Bernard can't see them...

see :mjgrin:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Considering the screenshot of Delores' schematic, that feels a little more plausible. But I swear I remember William and his buddy interacting with Maeve at the whorehouse when they first show up, and her storyline is only about a year old...
Man, fukk it. I'm gonna have to re-watch the whole season.

Damn he did call his ex?!? Maybe the real bernard committed suicide but ford found him and put the host there to keep up the front and have an insider. Also i wonder what was the purpose of his secret convos with delores in the earlier episodes now? Is thats how ford is waking up the other hosts? Im more interested in the real world shyt now more than the game

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Good episode but hrmm... let's look back at my thoughts on episode 1. :sas1:

Really good premiere. They pulled a couple of nice bait & switches and set up the levels of how deep this can possibly get. My only complaint is that I think they might've blown one or two loads too many such as revealing there's a bigger agenda to what Ed Harris' character is doing, and the hinting at the real intentions of the company. I think they should've held back on that and just focused on the core plot for now, which is intriguing enough.

At this point I'm almost convinced one of the folks running Westworld is an AI him/herself, most obvious would be Jeffrey Wright because there have been mentions of multiple things happening before his time at the company, so he could be created to assist Hopkins' character with his work, without realizing he himself is his biggest project.

Like I said, they did a tremendous job of setting up all the possible levels this can go.

Episode 1, Westbrehs. :sas2:

Now people love to claim this has been spoiled by people "theorizing" shows to death but the Bernard is a host thing was constantly hinted at. And I really do mean, constantly. Literally every episode had like one or two lines of dialogue to Bernard about his history with the company, both his time before it (things he seemed completely oblivious about) but also how long he's been a part of the company. Of all the potential "twists" that float around for this show, this was the one they set up most obviously.

I'm also slowly becoming a believer of the William = the Man In Black timeline theory. It would be a bit cheap to me to play out two separate timelines next to each other just for the sake of this twist, which is probably the main reason I refused for so long to accept it, and I still kinda hope it isn't happening, but the evidence keeps piling up on that one as well.:jbhmm:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it was pretty damn obvious breh

reddit had it guessed after episode 3.. and the podcast i listen to had it by ep 3 as well

you're in the internet age. where people will watch an ep, download a 4k version, stop and freeze frame shyt, open it up in photoshop to draw circles around a spot in the far left corner, enhance image, and determine the twist in the series finale in episode 2

if you don't want to be spoiled about a show, you pretty much have to just watch it on tv and not look up another fukking thing about it

see :mjgrin:
I don't post on Reddit so I could give a fukk