The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Even if there's a slight difference in the chronological order, I don't think its anywhere near 30 years.

"Lawrence" was ALWAYS the same host as the outlaw leader "EL Lazo". His loop is supposed to be that he gets caught and executed for his crimes. The MiB broke him out of his loop when he saved him, but after he was hung I'm pretty sure the park staff would restart his loop as El Lazo back in the town of Pariah. Meanwhile, "Slim's" loop is that he is supposed to beg White Hat guests to let him free so he can go back to El Lazo. The vast majority of the guests on that quest would ignore that plot line, but Logan sees it as an "Easter Egg" that would lead him to a higher level section of the game than he ever accessed before.

What I think happens is that the park staff pick up Lawrence after he's killed, do a rush clean up on him, and get him back to Pariah just before William and Logan arrive. If they weren't able to get him back to town before the guests arrive, then they would have had to make up an excuse like "El Lazo is away on a mission right now". They know where the guests are at all times, and they can adjust the plot to keep the narratives going.

I can think of a way to disprove (or maybe prove) the MiB=William theory:
The MiB says that the hosts were all mechanical inside when you opened them up back when he first came to the park. We're seeing William on his very first trip to the park now. He's on a train filled with Nitroglycerin. That's like a Checkov's Gun...you know its eventually going to blow some hosts apart. If the hosts have a metal Terminator endoskeleton, then we're 30 years in the past. But if they have the new white "cheaper" bones inside, then there is NO 30 year timeline difference.
I need to watch all 5 eps again to gather my thoughts but I agree with you about Lazo. (I learned today that El Lazo means "The Loop" in Spanish:ohhh:)

I was never a fan of the MIB=Will theory but I did come around on the time jump thing. I'm thinking Logan's family runs the Delos corporation and that's the company MIB was talking about when he was talking to Ford. If that's true then that would support the notion of a time jump.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Brehs I swear HBO on some occult shyt in how they time episodes. They did it wit GoT, they did it over and over with CARNIVALE (which this episode was so much like - fortunetelling, Dia De Los Muertos and the rest)

This mufukka come on 1 damn day before Halloween/Samhain/during Dia De Los Muertos and they on some

dayofdead-1024x556.jpg

and the EYES WIDE SHUT shyt (warning: titties)

tumblr_m49zdzL6q81rt1e06o1_1280.png

This was a fun one though. They even took the risk of ending it on a not-so-grim note since Asian breh decided not to let the Trump Deplorable nikka get in the way of his coding academy self-starter shyt.

And speaking of which, thank you Thandie for showing us your breastesses over, and over, and over :feedme:Would eat the booty like groceries.

Once again Hopkins OG style blesses every scene. Evan and Ed musta needed cigars and cognac when they wrapped them shyts

I think we also can take it as a given that some hosts like Dolores have more than one copy of themselves around - literally. You can fukk with one and if the programmers choose, consciousness of multiples is updated. Wouldn't be shyt for a corp like Delos to make more than one, they have the means and as was pointed out in CONTACT, if you sink enough resources in you may as well have backups.

Last edited:

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
You don't always have to be able to predict what'll happen in tv shows my nikkaz, just sit back and enjoy the ride :blessed:

Ironically from philosophical view/point of life, with God's mighty plan and Satan's whispers many spend their life trying to find that purpose in dark and secret places but some say the only point of it all is enjoying the journey itself :blessed:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The only confusion regarding the space of time that things take place in is that Maeve seemed to be on that slab for more than a full day, assuming that we follow the MIB and Delores in relative real time, but they got Lawrence back up and running within hours. One could argue that Lawrence took major priority since he's part of a very important narrative, and the damage to him was minimal compared to Maeve, but it's not making things easier.

Crazy theory (I know, I've already had too many and not many have been exactly right) but since Ford mentions having a brother in the opening scene, what are the odds either Arnold or the MIB was his brother? In the case of MIB their ages would align and of course we know that MIB is sort of a big deal in the real world, which one can imagine Ford also is, so perhaps the Fords are a "power family". It's far-fetched but since everybody seems to be throwing around every theory about Arnold possible, I like to look into the other tidbits we've been given.

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dolores said "I'm coming". I think she is supposed to use that dead man to blow shyt up.
Robert uses that little boy as a spy in the park. That's why he decided to go see the man in black. The boy is Robert as a child. The clothes he wears would be from his childhood not the wild west days.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The only confusion regarding the space of time that things take place in is that Maeve seemed to be on that slab for more than a full day, assuming that we follow the MIB and Delores in relative real time, but they got Lawrence back up and running within hours. One could argue that Lawrence took major priority since he's part of a very important narrative, and the damage to him was minimal compared to Maeve, but it's not making things easier.

She was actually repaired, sent back out to the park, died again off screen, and came back. She wasn't sitting on the slab continuously.

It happened quickly, but one of the techs says something like "Her again?" when she comes back in.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone notice how Ford made the hosts/piano move at double their speed after teddy grabbed the MIB's knife/hand? Thought that was interesting. Ford has a lot of tricks up his sleeve

In video game RPG terms I seen it as him casting Haste on the entire room. Which is why Teddy was suddenly ok to move.

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
She was actually repaired, sent back out to the park, died again off screen, and came back. She wasn't sitting on the slab continuously.

It happened quickly, but one of the techs says something like "Her again?" when she comes back in.
A podcast I listen to suggested she fukked herself up intentionally in order to get back to the lab quicker and was woke the whole time. She called the guy by his name when she woke up, so she had to have been playing possum when she was there with the both of them to hear fat boy call him Felix.