Charlotte, North Carolina
ric-flair-strut-o.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWORLD

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
I dont believe there are two timelines. delores had a glitch/hallucination and the other delores is just a manifestation of her inner voice.

When the Man in Black said "open you up" he obviously meant torturing Dr. Ford

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
William = MIB is more interesting to me...

I just can't really see that demonic heel turn in him right now though...
Word, it would have to be something CRAZY to make him flip like that. Right now I just can't see it but half the fun of this show so far is the :wtf: factor so anything could happen.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I dont believe there are two timelines. delores had a glitch/hallucination and the other delores is just a manifestation of her inner voice.

When the Man in Black said "open you up" he obviously meant torturing Dr. Ford
what about lawrence showing up with Dolores and the other 2 though?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just caught up yesterday, I dig this show because it is entertaining as fukk. The eps just breeze by. MiB is my favorite character by far, whatever he's up to is hella interesting and I have no idea what it is. I do find the whole 'pulling the hosts out of the game and putting them back in like nothing happened' weak sauce, at least have one guest acknowledge it directly after it happens and I would be good. but the the guests sleep and wake up like nothing happened.

My 2 cents on some of what is going on:
I think A. Hopkins character and his dispute with Arnold stems from the treatment of the robots. A lot of human characters are having disputes over whether to treat the robots like robots or treat them like actual people (smarmy female lesbo tech girl vs Bernard, the two clean up doctors working on Thandie Newton, the two guests from a large corp. that is investing in the park,). A. Hopkins and Arnold are the OGs of this argument. They came up with this idea for the park, thru the development/testing of the park Arnold started catching feelings for the robots and felt pity for them and their plight as hosts and therefore didn't think the park should open, A Hopkins was like fukk that had him killed so the plans could continue and the park could open. But before he got killed Arnold planted some code or contingencies in a few robots to flip the script. A. Hopkins thru the recent malfunctions is catching wind of this plot and is trying to stop it. Also, like some others have forwarded I think Bernard might be a robot specifically created by A. Hopkins to be like a paradox of humans who catch feelings for robots. Although he is a robot he isn't sentimental towards them either, his infatuation with Delores may be him subconsciously recognizing a human feeling robot like himself and he is subconsciously looking for a kindred spirit. Like Delores is Arnold's robot soldier and Jeffrey Wright is A. Hopkin's.
The story A. Hopkins told to the old robot was a metaphor for his beef with Arnold. He and Arnold are the two brothers, the greyhound is the park, letting it off its leash = opening the park, the cat the dog maims are the guests.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I'm thinking the multiple timeline thing might be a red herring. The Man in Black killed Lawrence and said that someone would pick him up soon. Then Maeve showed up twice dead in the lab, so enough time passed for her timeline to reset and for her to die again. That means that enough time passed for Lawrence to get cleaned up, reset, and put back together as an outlaw leader. That's probably not even a new loop for him...it's probably the same crime he was being hung for before the MiB saved him.

See, and it's stuff like this that's making this whole thing so confusing...i mean i'm sure they'll be an "ah-ha" moment that will make it all click for us as viewers. Right now tho trying to keep things straight when you think about how the hosts stories can be changed willy nilly and that they might not be showing them when they get resets, that you also don't know all of their stories so maybe we're seeing them unfold in bits and pieces... just keeps me thinking to many things instead of being able to just enjoy the show. My brain legit = :mindblown:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The multiple timeline thing sounds needlessly convoluted, I'm thinking people suspect something like that because of big twists in other shows these days.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I think using the term "multiple timelines" is confusing people. To me it's better to say that things are not being shown in chronological order. I don't think Ford is having Delores yanked while she's in the middle of a loop without William & Logan knowing it.

Plus when you think about it, Will and Logan were on their way to see Lazo before MIB killed Lawrence and to have multiple builds of the same host would be confusing to guests if they happened to run into each other.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
I think Delores killed Arnold

I think it was Ford.

Ford and Arnold clashed because Arnold wanted the hosts to be more lifelike while Ford wanted to remain puppet master.

Arnold sensed Ford would kill him so he planted codes into the hosts in order for them to revolt one day

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This 2 timeline theory can :camby:

I think using the term "multiple timelines" is confusing people. To me it's better to say that things are not being shown in chronological order. I don't think Ford is having Delores yanked while she's in the middle of a loop without William & Logan knowing it.

Plus when you think about it, Will and Logan were on their way to see Lazo before MIB killed Lawrence and to have multiple builds of the same host would be confusing to guests if they happened to run into each other.

Even if there's a slight difference in the chronological order, I don't think its anywhere near 30 years.

"Lawrence" was ALWAYS the same host as the outlaw leader "EL Lazo". His loop is supposed to be that he gets caught and executed for his crimes. The MiB broke him out of his loop when he saved him, but after he was hung I'm pretty sure the park staff would restart his loop as El Lazo back in the town of Pariah. Meanwhile, "Slim's" loop is that he is supposed to beg White Hat guests to let him free so he can go back to El Lazo. The vast majority of the guests on that quest would ignore that plot line, but Logan sees it as an "Easter Egg" that would lead him to a higher level section of the game than he ever accessed before.

What I think happens is that the park staff pick up Lawrence after he's killed, do a rush clean up on him, and get him back to Pariah just before William and Logan arrive. If they weren't able to get him back to town before the guests arrive, then they would have had to make up an excuse like "El Lazo is away on a mission right now". They know where the guests are at all times, and they can adjust the plot to keep the narratives going.

I can think of a way to disprove (or maybe prove) the MiB=William theory:
The MiB says that the hosts were all mechanical inside when you opened them up back when he first came to the park. We're seeing William on his very first trip to the park now. He's on a train filled with Nitroglycerin. That's like a Checkov's Gun...you know its eventually going to blow some hosts apart. If the hosts have a metal Terminator endoskeleton, then we're 30 years in the past. But if they have the new white "cheaper" bones inside, then there is NO 30 year timeline difference.