The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So how far do yall think hosts are allowed to go as far as fighting guests? We know they can't kill guests and they're also supposed to protect guests if possible.

So when Logan was getting choked out by the Union guy and then beat down by the Confederados, at what point do they stop? That would be interesting to see.

I'm thinking the farther away you move from the "hub" the more lax those rules get. As far as how far the hosts can or would go, who knows? But the new town they were in was obviously a lot more hands on with the violence than the previous town.

Fred.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
after rewatching, there is no time travel. they just yank out and replace the bots/hosts super quick...

my real question is who the fukk is the random ass little cac kid with the stick who has popped up multiple times?
I think the kid is supposed to be Ford (Anthony Hopkins' character) as a kid. He made an imitation of himself so he could have someone to talk to. If you rewatch their scene together, they're dressed similar. That was the first clue that made me think this.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking the farther away you move from the "hub" the more lax those rules get. As far as how far the hosts can or would go, who knows? But the new town they were in was obviously a lot more hands on with the violence than the previous town.

Fred.
they also ask you like a fukkton of medical questions before you even enter westworld like some of the shyt william had to answer, but my buddy like subscribed to the westworld email newsletter shyt or something and said they had some shyt where it asks you a ton of medical questions. I'm pretty convinced at this point we're looking at two different timelines one in the future and one in the past. I don't know if William is the man in black but it seems the most logical, but watching his heel turn is going to be fukking epic if so.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The only confusion regarding the space of time that things take place in is that Maeve seemed to be on that slab for more than a full day, assuming that we follow the MIB and Delores in relative real time, but they got Lawrence back up and running within hours. One could argue that Lawrence took major priority since he's part of a very important narrative, and the damage to him was minimal compared to Maeve, but it's not making things easier.

Man, I'm rolling with the theory that they got multiple bodies of each host, or at the very least the important ones, that they could just upload it's code/personality and deploy it immediately. Leaving the other one to get picked up at a later time.

'Cause I honestly am not comprehending how they'd pull that body from the field all the way into the lab, patch it up, then have it in place so damn quick.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Just caught up yesterday, I dig this show because it is entertaining as fukk. The eps just breeze by. MiB is my favorite character by far, whatever he's up to is hella interesting and I have no idea what it is. I do find the whole 'pulling the hosts out of the game and putting them back in like nothing happened' weak sauce, at least have one guest acknowledge it directly after it happens and I would be good. but the the guests sleep and wake up like nothing happened.

My 2 cents on some of what is going on:
I think A. Hopkins character and his dispute with Arnold stems from the treatment of the robots. A lot of human characters are having disputes over whether to treat the robots like robots or treat them like actual people (smarmy female lesbo tech girl vs Bernard, the two clean up doctors working on Thandie Newton, the two guests from a large corp. that is investing in the park,). A. Hopkins and Arnold are the OGs of this argument. They came up with this idea for the park, thru the development/testing of the park Arnold started catching feelings for the robots and felt pity for them and their plight as hosts and therefore didn't think the park should open, A Hopkins was like fukk that had him killed so the plans could continue and the park could open. But before he got killed Arnold planted some code or contingencies in a few robots to flip the script. A. Hopkins thru the recent malfunctions is catching wind of this plot and is trying to stop it. Also, like some others have forwarded I think Bernard might be a robot specifically created by A. Hopkins to be like a paradox of humans who catch feelings for robots. Although he is a robot he isn't sentimental towards them either, his infatuation with Delores may be him subconsciously recognizing a human feeling robot like himself and he is subconsciously looking for a kindred spirit. Like Delores is Arnold's robot soldier and Jeffrey Wright is A. Hopkin's.
The story A. Hopkins told to the old robot was a metaphor for his beef with Arnold. He and Arnold are the two brothers, the greyhound is the park, letting it off its leash = opening the park, the cat the dog maims are the guests.
one thing i can't understand.... why in the hell are they letting these robots continue on?

the SECOND i even halfway felt these fukkers might be glitchy.. they are getting incinerated and started from scratch

how you gonna let the one robot who was with the madman when he died, still run around the park chillin, after she doing things you know she shouldn't be doing

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
one thing i can't understand.... why in the hell are they letting these robots continue on?

the SECOND i even halfway felt these fukkers might be glitchy.. they are getting incinerated and started from scratch

how you gonna let the one robot who was with the madman when he died, still run around the park chillin, after she doing things you know she shouldn't be doing

Obviously this is what they should do but this is how shyt happens in real life. They're trying to run a business and start over looking obvious flaws due to dead lines, etc.

Also it doesn't help that multiple people working at Delos (Bernard, Ford, etc.) have hidden agendas, which also factor into things being overlooked.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Obviously this is what they should do but this is how shyt happens in real life. They're trying to run a business and start over looking obvious flaws due to dead lines, etc.

Also it doesn't help that multiple people working at Delos (Bernard, Ford, etc.) have hidden agendas, which also factor into things being overlooked.

Fred.
this is not malfunctioning and spilling a drink

these motherfukkers are going where they want, shooting things, remembering old shyt they should have no recollection about, and almost killing humans

i think they should be doing a lot more than interviewing the same robot over and over again

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It's like having a cell phone that works a hundred days in a row. Then on day 101 gets glitchy, do you just replace it? Or think of it as an anomaly? Most do the latter.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
It's like having a cell phone that works a hundred days in a row. Then on day 101 gets glitchy, do you just replace it? Or think of it as an anomaly? Most do the latter.
is it a samsung?? cause almost killing me would definitely be a glitch that got it thrown in the bushes

again... this aren't "oh my screen froze" type of glitches breh... they wandering off, doing their own thing, shooting shyt up and trying to kill humans

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
is it a samsung?? cause almost killing me would definitely be a glitch that got it thrown in the bushes

again... this aren't "oh my screen froze" type of glitches breh... they wandering off, doing their own thing, shooting shyt up and trying to kill humans
Which robot did that? Delores just busted her gun last ep.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I agree with the idea, but its not as 100% proven as that link makes it seem. The "mechanical" robots seen in the flashback could be like the prototype terminators with rubber skin. IF the William and Logan scenes are a flashback to 30 years ago, its possible that by then the original prototype robots could have been replaced by living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. So they could still be metal inside, with real blood, years before the metal was replaced by artificial bones.

I don't want to believe that William and the MiB are the same, but I have to admit they haven't really disproven it totally.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Which robot did that? Delores just busted her gun last ep.
she busted her gun the last two eps when she's supposed to be the damsel who don't bust her gun

she started remembering old shyt too and they caught it... then the wandering man knocked dude out and was 3 seconds from killing the tech lady until his program took over

they know there's a major problem.. that's why they keep interviewing them and asking them questions and popping up in game to check on shyt