The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm confused. if delores is always with those two dudes, how does anthony hopkins able to keep yanking her out of westworld for little chit chats?

It seems to me he was one of the people in masks and makeup in the (Day of the Dead?) parade. She was lured into the parade and out of site of the guests. Once Dolores was away from William you could hear the "Deep and dreamless slumber" code phrase used on her to knock her out. That gave him enough time to drag her back to the interrogation room. There were so many hosts in one place that William and Logan didn't notice her disappearing from the town and reappearing later. Ford is good enough at illusions and slight of hand to pull this off without breaking the suspension of disbelief of the guests in the park.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
ok really i'm on some

wtfclips.0_standard_709.0.gif

but i'm going to try and piece together some sort of theory here

a. hop is on some walt disney shyt and i think he got bought out.... or at least, it's not all in his hands anymore.. i get this from the one guy saying his company bought up shares and MiB saying they changed the robots to be cost effective. i think the other guy also said the whole park almost went under at some point

SO MAYBE THE OTHER COMPANY/COMPANIES ARE OUT HERE STEALING TECH/IDEAS

there is no alternate timeline.. everyone involved so far has spoke on arnold dying 30 years ago... delores was asked when they last spoke, she said 30 years.. she said to to a hop so he's confirming it.. the two brother in laws were speaking about arnold dying in the park 30 years ago.. this must be a little known secret cause he said his lawyers found nothing on it... MiB also talked to a. hop about it being 30 years ago

NO CONNECTED LINE

the maze is pretty much not a secret... i mean the common man doesn't know, but it's highly rumored. the MiB knows about it. a. hop knows about it (so it can't be something arnold did without his knowledge) and dr narcisse knows about it... and also delores. also a few other robots know about it, we see it being talked about and drawn out by them... so they know and are programmed to say so. even a. hop was told face to face about it and didn't even try and stop MiB from going there

THE MAZE IS PART OF THE ATTRACTION

I don't know what the fukk is up with this arnold guy... he's obviously implanted something into some characters, that allows forces them break protocols.. a. hop said arnold wanted to destroy the park. maybe this is the way to do it. arnold didn't say shyt about building a maze.. why would the robots be being programmed to let guests know about the maze still today, when arnold did this on the sly 30 years ago

ARNOLD WANTS THE ROBOTS TO TAKE OVER, BUT DIDN'T MAKE THE MAZE

from the preview these bots gonna turn up and seems like start fukking up shyt

but for now, 5 eps in.... that's what i'm going for

this is the first show i've seen in a long time where i can't seem to grasp what is going on and what's going to happen... shyt is fukking excellent!!!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
last thing..... when teddy protects a. hop... that's not him having a cheat code. one of the ways westworld keeps people safe, if the bots see a human vs human thing going on, or even sense a human in danger, they move quickly to protect that human

The episodes reveal that the hosts’ are programmed to look out for the guests, not to just to be a bank robber or a saloon keeper or a lady of the night. If action is putting guests in jeopardy, the hosts will — should anyway — steer the scene back into safety.

“Part of what the hosts have been designed to do, we have a feature in the program called The Good Samaritan Reflex or Function,” Nolan said. “Wherever they can, the park is populated by hosts and part of their responsibility, part of their subconscious programming is to try to protect the guests in whatever capacity it can. So if you’ve got a drunken guest who’s careening towards a cliff edge, you’re more likely than not to have a host nearby who, without breaking that narrative, is going to find a way to gently steer them back. They’re cannon fodder on one hand, but they’re also the all-purpose minders of this place.”

11 Rules of Westworld — HBO’s Killer Robot Series << Movie & TV News and Interviews – Rotten Tomatoes

The 5 Simple Rules to Westworld’s Wild West Theme Park

Rule #1: You Can’t Shoot Other Guests Dead (and the Hosts Can’t Shoot You)
This one seems the most clear-cut, even if it does open up other questions. The guns in Westworld do serious damage to androids but only have the impact of a BB gun to humans. Nolan called them “simunitions” while previewing the show to the Television Critics Association over the summer — they merely sting humans but they blow holes in hosts. So guests can go crazy during a Wild West shoot-out and not have to fear for their lives, which could be one of the reasons the Man in Black (Ed Harris) is seeking a deeper level of the game — he wants a greater challenge. One question the weapons issues raises, though, is how Delos, the company that manages Westworld, might handle non-firearms. What if a guest or a rogue host goes after a human with an axe? Or a knife? Can a host push a guest off a cliff or would their code stop them from doing so? There are a lot of ways to die in Westworld that don’t involve simunitions, and those might come into play in future episodes.

Rule #2: The Overseers Control Your Journey
Don’t just plan to go to Westworld and kill every host you see. Just as you can’t see what’s behind the curtain at the Haunted Mansion, there are some game-play rules embedded in the structure of this adult theme park. When the Man in Black goes off-script in episode two, Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) makes it clear that he has an “all-access pass” to the park, which implies that most people do not. Would security agents like Stubbs step in and stop other guests? Are there commands that could be relayed to the hosts to intervene? We don’t know at this point, but one can easily envision drunken guests pushing the rules far enough that someone or something has to step in. Every theme park has an a$$hole or two.

Rule #3: You Enter at Your Own Risk
Can you imagine the accidental body count at a place like Westworld, especially after you factor in drinking at the saloon? Even with simunitions, humans must surely die when they visit. They can fall off cliffs, get run over by horses, or possibly even get killed by fellow guests — the show has been a little unclear about the potential of guest-on-guest violence, although one imagines that the hosts and/or operators would step in quickly. And, again, we’ve heard about that “critical failure” from three decades ago that likely involved guest harm or even death. Nolan has made it clear that the guests entering Westworld must sign extensive liability waivers. Interestingly, he’s also implied that the hosts have been designed to keep the dumb guests alive. As he said, “So if you’ve got a drunken guest who’s careening towards a cliff edge, you’re more likely than not to have a host nearby who, without breaking that narrative, is going to find a way to gently steer them back.”

Rule #4: You Can't Stay for Too Long (Unless You’re the Man in Black)
While the Man in Black seems to have an unlimited park pass for reasons still vague, other guests can visit for up to two weeks, according to the premiere episode, at the cost of $40,000 a day. While hosts reset on specific timelines (some seem to be every day, while others do so at the end of narratives), guests have to get out of Westworld after 14 days. So hosts not only need to make the most of their time there, but shouldn’t get attached to anyone they meet. There’s no putting down human roots in Westworld.

Rule #5: The Game Gets More Difficult the Further You Get From Town
It’s been referenced more than once that the game gets more complex and intense as one leaves the town at its center. Right at the beginning of episode one, we hear a guest tell another guest, “This is basic. Level one. You ride out of town, that’s when the real demented [stuff] begins.” Think of it like different sections of a theme park. While there may be prostitutes in the saloon, that’s nothing compared to what’s going in the desert. So if you bring your kids to Westworld, stick near the hotel and saloon. And if you’re looking for a darker vision of the Wild West, head for the hills.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lawrence leakin upside down:huhldup: Guest/Host interactive role play:lupe: Doppelgangers all around:ohhh: NIN's Something I Never Had:whoo: Orgy golden Galore:leon: Dolores:fire: is the Major Key:whew: Bernard gotta be her off-line Censor:patrice: Dr. Ford & The Men In Black Pow Wow:banderas: Teddy:drunk: got the Juice now:pachaha: West World Workers FUKKERY:birdman: Necrophiliac:evil:/Reanimated/ Android Bug:demonic: Mauve perched in the cut, tho:ooh:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Further down the rabbit hole :wow:

Teddy getting that codeword reboot.:ohhh:

Secret communications :leon:

Bodies filled with explosives.:damn:

Delores levelling up :whoo:

Ford out here stacking up horror movie tropes like Jenga bricks:mjlol:

Thandie Newton is so :noah: I have a thing for artsy chicks so I've been into her since I saw her in 'Gridlock'd' and she still looks great.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is going over my head brehs, I'm assuming everything we see isn't in chronological order.

I'm guessing 'God' was planting those hallucinations in Delores head while they were in that far away town to pull her in when she fainted in the crowd? That's the only reason I can think she was seeing herself.

She doesn't have a duplicate right
:comeon: