The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i'm becoming more ADD by the second, and this show is a little too much "tell don't show." I think I've zoned out on every conversation about Arnold. there's something about every scene out of the park itself that bores me to friggin tears. as soon as they shoot to the HQ i wanna pick up my phone, and that's dumb b/c i know that's where all the mystery comes in. fukkin Jeffrey Wright, can't stand this friggin guy, he is human xanax for me.
The scenes at HQ have a weird amateur look to them, like a SyFy network show.

And to be a broken record, the characters in HQ are just not interesting

But the park stuff is so good that I personally still stay engaged in HQ, just knowing that it ties into the interesting stuff

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
4 episodes in and I got to say with such a premise and list of actors I expected more. Its actually quite boring for the most part, am I suppose to care about robots getting woke in a theme park?First episode had so much promise, I thought there would be more fukkery. Interest in waning every passing episode

Jards

All Star
Daps
So does Ford have mind control over the animals and robots in the park? Everyone else seems to say key words in order to get the robots to react but Anthony Hopkins can just think of something and have them do it without saying a word
I assumed the animals were robots as well

Jards

All Star
Daps
On a kind of related note, is Humans ever coming back on. I enjoyed the 1st season and watched the foreign version on kodi sometime last year.
Season 2.0 starts on Sunday :ohlawd:

4 episodes in and I got to say with such a premise and list of actors I expected more. Its actually quite boring for the most part, am I suppose to care about robots getting woke in a theme park?First episode had so much promise, I thought there would be more fukkery. Interest in waning every passing episode

The hosts are def the least interesting part for me at this point. The show 'Humans' seemed to deal with robots becoming sentient better - the fukkery was next level. Westworld is only 4 eps in though.

Episode 5 Promo Spoiler

Hopkins and Man in Black discussing the Maze - should be dope

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
my completely out there theory that probably holds zero water b/c i don't pay attention enough is that Hopkins literally is "God" and every single person on the show is some form of his AI. even the guests. no one knows their real origin.

... but probably not.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So Mave got the bullet out but if she got shot up when the posse shot through the door she no longer has that evidence since the clean up crew will clear the scene and clean up her body too.

I think they'll show Hector taking all the hits while she dives behind the safe and holding on to the bullet and being able to stay in her current loop without a reset.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
this show wont get a second season... ppl are already throwing it in the bushes.
What will hbo do after GOT ?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it dope that the Native Americans worship the figures in a hazmat suit..

....I just keep on drawing parallels to the world we all live in...This show indirectly explains a lot under the disguise of science fiction.. :lupe:

Thats what im saying. Like even in some fantasy land they are more connected to the source than everybody

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
this show wont get a second season... ppl are already throwing it in the bushes.
What will hbo do after GOT ?

My friend loves the show, I'm not seeing it yet. After GOT, I don't know. Comedies they bounced back, but their dramas have been lackluster.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So Mave got the bullet out but if she got shot up when the posse shot through the door she no longer has that evidence since the clean up crew will clear the scene and clean up her body too.

I think they'll show Hector taking all the hits while she dives behind the safe and holding on to the bullet and being able to stay in her current loop without a reset.

We've already seen that she can retain some memories from before having her mind wiped. When she gets better at it, the mind wipes will stop working on her even when she "dies".