The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I hate to admit it but I'm open to the idea of different timelines. Logan was was talking about his family making a bigger investment in the park and when Ford was talking to Teresa he mentioned how everything was cool until the "money people" came. So I can see how the different timeline theory can be a thing.

One thing I cuaght on rewatch is that the Man in Black is either lucky or he can tell host from guest, and I think it's the latter.

When him and Lawrence joined Snake Lady's crew he shot those 2 hosts but later that night we find out there were 2 guests in her posse too when they try to talk to MIB. So again, either he got lucky or he can distinguish between the 2 by looks alone.
he's been doing this for 30 years

me personally.... i think people are looking too deep into this. i think it's a straight up story for the most part, always have

man in black is some rich, powerful guy addicted to the park... imagine going to disney for 30 years straight.. multiple times a year... you gonna get bored, try to find the hidden mickeys, discover some new shyt in the park, etc

he's a seasoned vet and he's trying to unlock that last chamber

when he met the dude he saved, he said to him "that's what i love about this place.. all these years i been coming here and i just now find out you have a family"

he's been running through here, doing this shyt over and over like groundhog day..

as for the maze.... again.... i think it's just something hopkins put in there... nothing too special

they programmed the game to have it... they put the maps on the scalp of that robot... they had certain robots know about the maze and willingly tell humans about it... and now they got staff telling robots to go find it

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
he's been doing this for 30 years

me personally.... i think people are looking too deep into this. i think it's a straight up story for the most part, always have

man in black is some rich, powerful guy addicted to the park... imagine going to disney for 30 years straight.. multiple times a year... you gonna get bored, try to find the hidden mickeys, discover some new shyt in the park, etc

he's a seasoned vet and he's trying to unlock that last chamber

when he met the dude he saved, he said to him "that's what i love about this place.. all these years i been coming here and i just now find out you have a family"

he's been running through here, doing this shyt over and over like groundhog day..

as for the maze.... again.... i think it's just something hopkins put in there... nothing too special

they programmed the game to have it... they put the maps on the scalp of that robot... they had certain robots know about the maze and willingly tell humans about it... and now they got staff telling robots to go find it
So was I until I rewatched this last one and the podcasts got to me too. I'm tryin not to fall into that but it might be too late for me lol

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Breaking Bad didn't get super popular until it went on Netflix and really not until the everyone caught up for the final half of the 5th season.

Westworld has a shot to be that big but it's in the same boat with Mr/ Robot to me where I don't think a technology driven show is ready to be that big even though you'd think it would with our lives revolving around it daily.
Dope comparison to Mr. Robot but Westworld has a couple things going for it that Robot doesn't.

HBO is a much bigger machine than USA. Lots of shows get lots of hype just because they're on HBO, and USA even has bias against it. I know people that would enjoy Mr. Robot but refuse to watch it because it's on USA and they just assume it can't be dope. I was the same way for a while when I refused to watch Hannibal because it was on NBC.

Also, I think Westworld's look and style has a little more appeal to a mainstream audience than Mr. Robot. And having A-list actors like Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris involved is going to help.

You still may be entirely right.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Dope comparison to Mr. Robot but Westworld has a couple things going for it that Robot doesn't.

HBO is a much bigger machine than USA. Lots of shows get lots of hype just because they're on HBO, and USA even has bias against it. I know people that would enjoy Mr. Robot but refuse to watch it because it's on USA and they just assume it can't be dope. I was the same way for a while when I refused to watch Hannibal because it was on NBC.

Also, I think Westworld's look and style has a little more appeal to a mainstream audience than Mr. Robot. And having A-list actors like Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris involved is going to help.

You still may be entirely right.

As the corporation loses control. I can see Westworld taking on an element of "Party of RPG players and NPC's trying to survive in a The Purge or Warriors scenario." When all the "Side Quests" become life and death situations when some hosts continue down their paths with the safeties turned off. By the end it may be as much of fantasy/quest show as a technology show.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
When the MIB looked agitated and said he was on vacation when those guys recognized him like they were gonna ask for an autograph tho...:lupe:

....WHO IS HE?!!...
Probably some billionaire philanthropist or something to that effect. The guy that recognized him said the MIB helped save his sister's life right? He's probably a really good person in his regular life and uses Westworld as an excuse to unleash the darkest parts of himself. I really liked that interaction between those two. One of my favorite scenes so far.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I saw evil in Ford's eyes, especially when he told Theresa to tread lightly. I feel like he was the one who went bat shyt crazy, not Arnold. We get all this doomy foreshadowing with Arnold's past when really, Ford is possibly the one orchestrating the entire thing. His character is growing darker by the minute....

Looking forward to the confrontation between him and the MIB.

Yup, Logan's a dead man....he's gonna be that character who dies just to let people know shyt got real.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
source.gif

Cant wait to watch this tonight! :banderas: