The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I fell asleep watching Sunday because I had to take benadryl for my allergies, watched it last night, another amazing episode.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Thoughts after 4 eps:

- Man in black and Hopkins' plot lines propping this up at the moment for me - intrigued what their objectives are and interested to find out what Arnold did and his influence on the park

- could give a fukk about the hosts becoming sentient at this point. I know it's only 4 eps but they really need to start going ham soon cause it's the most boring part of the story. Looks like it's about to pick up with Maeve's discovery though

Jury is still out for me on the show - at this point I don't think it's the GOT level show they're looking for. Maybe expanding the world beyond S1 will take it up a notch though.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
yall catch dolores at the beginning saying something like "the pain is all i have left of them" talkin bout her dead family, that was the exact same shyt bernard said when he was talkin bout his dead son last episode. so that strongly hints that bernard is a robot, which was my theory all along. in which case, what does ford have planned for him :jbhmm: is theresa also a robot :jbhmm: this show is just :ohlawd:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
These killed me back then. There was a whole series of them:

ryGn6Xy.jpg

Fred.
fukking dead at this one. :heh::heh:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So does Ford have mind control over the animals and robots in the park? Everyone else seems to say key words in order to get the robots to react but Anthony Hopkins can just think of something and have them do it without saying a word

I think he knows the secret hand gestures along with the voice commands. He waved his fingers at the snake, and (I don't know if this was scripted or not but) Anthony Hopkins was pointing his finger in a weird way when he was sitting in the char and the robots froze.

But he's definitely trying to give the illusion being a god or wizard.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just started re-watching, and I got a new idea.....

Lots of people are saying Bernard is a host, but I'm not buying it yet. But there is something up with the conversation Dolores has with Bernard before waking up. What if that isn't a flashback, and it really IS a dream?

What I'm thinking of is this:
Bernard is a real person, but when Dolores "dreams" she is speaking to Bernard sometimes she isn't really speaking with the real Bernard. It's really ARNOLD in her head taking the form of Bernard. That's why the dream version of Bernard told her to look for Arnold's maze, even though the real Bernard acts like he never heard of Arnold before.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Just started re-watching, and I got a new idea.....

Lots of people are saying Bernard is a host, but I'm not buying it yet. But there is something up with the conversation Dolores has with Bernard before waking up. What if that isn't a flashback, and it really IS a dream?

What I'm thinking of is this:
Bernard is a real person, but when Dolores "dreams" she is speaking to Bernard sometimes she isn't really speaking with the real Bernard. It's really ARNOLD in her head taking the form of Bernard. That's why the dream version of Bernard told her to look for Arnold's maze, even though the real Bernard acts like he never heard of Arnold before.

thats a convincing theory, but wouldnt dolores know who arnold is like that one recalled unit? why would he have to impersonate another person, when he could just talk to her as he is?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm becoming more ADD by the second, and this show is a little too much "tell don't show." I think I've zoned out on every conversation about Arnold. there's something about every scene out of the park itself that bores me to friggin tears. as soon as they shoot to the HQ i wanna pick up my phone, and that's dumb b/c i know that's where all the mystery comes in. fukkin Jeffrey Wright, can't stand this friggin guy, he is human xanax for me.