The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
10 episodes.

They can go for 4-5 seasons because the OG movies had multiple "world" theme parks. West world, medieval world, Roman empire world, and Future world.

Fred.

yeah but what could the writers possibly do different plot-wise in those worlds? it seems to me that the basic premise of the current show pretty much exhausts whatever decent narrative possibilities there are for the host/human dynamic.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
someone wanna clear something up for me? how did the gun that Deloras used to kill that dude appear? Last time we saw it was in the drawer.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

This show is based on a movie that came out in 1973. The fukk?

Fred.

don't care which came before which.

all i know is this shyt is wack.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One other note that just stuck out to me,might be nothing but might mean something.

When Delores asks Bernard about his dead son he asks why and she explained about asking a personal question as part of her programming or something along those lines.

Then later ford mentions his dead son as well. It just struck me as odd. Probably a red herring in the somebody there is a host guessing game that the writers probably knew viewers would be playing.

Or maybe ford's a host. Or maybe ford's listening in on Bernard's conversations.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
One other note that just stuck out to me,might be nothing but might mean something.

When Delores asks Bernard about his dead son he asks why and she explained about asking a personal question as part of her programming or something along those lines.

Then later ford mentions his dead son as well. It just struck me as odd. Probably a red herring in the somebody there is a host guessing game that the writers probably knew viewers would be playing.

Or maybe ford's a host. Or maybe ford's listening in on Bernard's conversations.
I got the feeling that Ford knows that Bernard is talking to Delores. or maybe that he's just been talking to Hosts, without knowing the details.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
No lie...Theresa really has struck me as...off...in a few scenes talking to Bernard.

I didn't know if it was acting technique...or a very, very subtle tick she was told to do to denote the fact, that she is inorganic.:lupe:

She does a very slight pause between words an her whole demeanor seems emotionless and duty filled.

It's interesting to me.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think it's obvious Arnold the MIB. Arnold "died" in the park and in the 1st ep the MIB said he was "born" in the park.

Arnold is the voice in Dolores's head that said "Shoot him!" when she took that gun. That's what allowed her to override her lack of Weapons Privileges.

I think the MIB thinks Arnold is an immortal ex-human mind living on the computer network, and that's what he wants to be. To replace the robots God.

But we don't know if Arnold is really conscious or just code in the hosts imagination. The twist might be that Arnold is truly dead and that the hosts really are acting of their own will and calling it "Arnold".

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Regarding Ford's new narrative,

I like the suggestion that it is an attempt to get Arnold or Arnold's code to reveal itself.

But, my theory is that Ford implemented the new narrative specifically to trivialize the "self-consciousness" bug that he feels is plaguing the affected hosts.

He gave Teddy the narrative so when/if Delores or any other self aware host begins to talk to him about god(s) and/or realizing some type of consciousness, it's going to turn Teddy and any other host with the new narrative against the self aware hosts.

I'm thinking Ford believes this might be a good coutner measure but it's only going to exacerbate the "Arnold" issue.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What could they do?

yeah but what could the writers possibly do different plot-wise in those worlds? it seems to me that the basic premise of the current show pretty much exhausts whatever decent narrative possibilities there are for the host/human dynamic.

Don't read this if you don't want to know what could happen in future seasons. It's the plot of the sequel to "Westworld", called "Futureworld":

What goes on in the individual "worlds" isn't really the main focus. Delos uses the perfected host technology to replace media (reporters, etc.) to control public opinion, then they replace politicians, world leaders, CEOs, etc. to control the world.

So host/human interaction is potentially a very small piece of the puzzle. Season 2, 3, 4, whatever being in a different "world" would just provide a new back drop for the larger plot to play out in.

Fred.