The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not far fetched at all breh. But I'm not sure how much of that is a red herring planted by Jonathan Nolan because he knew people would be analyzing stuff like that.

Fred.
There was definetly something in the scene with him and Ford that gave me the suspicion, the backstory of Bernard's son mirrors the hosts of Westworld and their flashbacks/memories/dreams,
That was a meaningful dialouge exchange Bernard could be a deeper level host just like theres a deeper level in Westworld that only Ford can unlock.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also no one is gonna mention how HBO swagger jacked WWE by naming the demonic robot "Wyatt"

bray-wyatt-black-white-1412761531.jpg

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't know much about the WWE but the first thing that came to mind was Wyatt Earp, the famous marshal.

Fred.
They mention this character Wyatt as a maniac who believes he's hearing the voice of God to do the slaughtering and assembles a group of masked killers
It resembles the character Bray Wyatt from WWE who has a stable of masked cultists as his wrestling partners

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I doubt you'll get those answers because most of your questions simply require suspension of disbelief as this is a piece of fiction. To speak with the immortal words of Grant Morrison (someone on the Coli actually has it as its sig):

uLb6mTV.png
my uncle told me this (his version) when i was little... watching batman forever on vhs

"now how in the world did batman know the safe would fit back in there perfectly like that?" :stopitslime:

"why you watching a movie about a grown man in a damn bat costume but questioning the math equations.... it's a fukking guy in a big ass bat suit.. all this shyt fake" :damn::ufdup:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Didn't they say they had 5 seasons mapped out? So they got a good idea of where they're gonna go with the story right?

They better not cut this shyt short

Well, the film its based on (Westworld) has a sequel called Futureworld... so after a few seasons they might change theme parks or open a new one.
I haven't seen the films though... just saying.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Didn't they say they had 5 seasons mapped out? So they got a good idea of where they're gonna go with the story right?

They better not cut this shyt short

My question is how long they will go until
an all out robot rebellion and guest massacre
...occurs, and how they'll keep going after that.

Will the show continue beyond the point where the first movie ended, or is that the finale?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
If Bernard is a robot, then what about the wife/ex he was talking to?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Bernard is a robot, then what about the wife/ex he was talking to?

I'm not sold on him being a robot but Delores is a host and she has a father, so there is "family" to enhance the host's lives, interact with them, etc.

Fred.