The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
OMG what if they are all fukking "host"... :ohhh:

Mankind killed it's self and we're witnessing the creation of a more perfect civilization

:sadcam:.... I'm bugging brehs...

They have outside communication & Benard I believe his name is has had a kid

Unless he was killed and Hopkins transferred his conscious to new Benard. Like what if Arnold isn't real and just a bot he used to portray Arnold. When really his is both people, it's not like it could be confirmed, no one talks about him and he was scrubbed from records

I doubt it though.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure I entirely support the Man In Black = Arnold theory at this moment, unless... and this is a massive reach right now, Arnold uploaded his consciousness into a host and is acting like a guest in order to unlock the final "stage" of the pyramid. I forgot what the different stages of the pyramid were as explained by Ford but the final stage might be something resembling "the will to live". Both Delores and Mave had flashbacks of what the Man In Black did to them, in Delores' case even overriding her programming preventing her from using a gun. This kinda goes back to my "fly" theory from the first ep, the step to consciousness is for the hosts to be able to overstep their programming. The most instinctive way to do that is make them self aware of their existence and then force them to fight for the continuation of that existence.

Side-note since nobody mentioned it but the stray very deliberately destroyed his own head to prevent the programmers from analyzing him. Which may be code written by Arnold, the voice of "God".

I definitely believe one of the main characters in the facility is indeed a host, and Bernard is the only character so far that's been given enough material to fit the mold. I don't think it's a coincidence that this episode features a very obvious juxtaposition with both Bernard and Teddy being given back stories (including their very own set of flashbacks). In Teddy's case of course we literally see him being given his back story, and for all we know Bernard's dead son is actually implanted to motivate his behaviorisms. Because despite the things Ford said this episode, I still believe he is pushing for the hosts to achieve consciousness as well.
I was thinking that bytch bernard fukkin could be a host, her ring switches hands sometimes and her mood/disposition changes drastically

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
man the ending of the latest episode was crazy :damn:
Anyone think, Benard telling Delores to turn on improvisational mode made her ignore her code to kill ? I don't remember him turning that mode back off after their talk.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anyone think, Benard telling Delores to turn on improvisational mode made her ignore her code to kill ? I don't remember him turning that mode back off after their talk.
oh shyt i dont remmeber him turning that mode off either but i was stoned and tired watching last night. i need to rewatch the episode

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought he didn't turn it off, since he says, "I want to see where this goes" :demonic:regarding Delores adapting. Or maybe i'm thinking something else. :shaq2:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

oh shyt i dont remmeber him turning that mode off either but i was stoned and tired watching last night. i need to rewatch the episode

I thought he didn't turn it off, since he says, "I want to see where this goes" :demonic:regarding Delores adapting. Or maybe i'm thinking something else. :shaq2:

the improv mode I think was just to turn off her scripted responses to questions, she has been able to override her code since the first ep when she killed the fly, and they were both aware of it in this ep which is why he said he would let it play out...I think her ability to use guns and shoot the other host was just a progression of that, possibly triggered by the man in black and/or the remnants of Arnold's code for sentience kicking in...but since I think the man in black is Arnold, her vision of him and hearing Arnold in her head telling her to kill him was what lead her to do it :ehh: