The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Another theory is that the man in black is half human half android. Which is why he can get shot and not feel a thing.

When the security chief said he can get whatever he wants, I thought maybe he was hurt badly in the "incident" and given cyborg replacement parts and a free park pass.

Bullets was bouncing off them bush people too tho:whoa:
Did the build the "savage horde" to be stronger than the regular hosts? At first I thought they might be human, but I can't think of a way they could explain that and make sense.

Just before they got him, Teddy was firing off that gun with almost superhuman speed. He'll be a big problem if he goes rogue.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I posted this earlier in this thread (months before the show aired), but I'm spoiler tagging it now in case the new show goes this way...
There was a "Beyond Westworld" TV show back in 1980 that went in the direction of the above spoiler tag. I also suspect that the corporate goals are going in this direction

As for the current episode, does Dolores showing up at the end blow away the theory that the new "White Hat" guest is the Man in Black? Or is it possible that Dolores was just remembering the first time she went off script 30 years ago? Something weird was going on with the way her gunshot disappeared.

So, it was Arnold (and not Ford) that was originally trying to create a machine life form? I wonder if he transcended his physical body, or was simply killed off by a host.

Delores was remembering a past version of the narrative loop. We've seen it play out multiple ways, at some point in the day she meets Teddy, they go to her house at night, and get attacked. The time she flashed back on, she got shot and probably died.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who/what the fuk are those dudes that killed Teddy?

Why did Dolores envision getting shot before running off?

They seemed to be guests in some kind of weird cult. It's part of the story line Ford created.

She had a flashback to a previous version of that narrative loop.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone know how many seasons this is? Or can go? How many EPA for this season?

shyt is piff. :banderas:

10 episodes.

They can go for 4-5 seasons because the OG movies had multiple "world" theme parks. West world, medieval world, Roman empire world, and Future world.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Messed up how Teddy's whole existence is to be cucked
Delores is basically just a rape fantasy for the hosts

Some of these story writers are depraved
Do some players just follow the robots and do quests instead of enjoying the park? That one random girl with teddy seemed like she wanted to be his partner

The quests are part of the park. Some people want to go there and just fukk things up but other people want to go on adventures. Like tracking down the bandit that killed the sheriff in the first ep, or helping that old man find the treasure, or tracking down Wyatt this episode.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a reason with all the surveillance the park has nobody has seen ed harris's handy work and wondered what's going on?

Things like murder and rape are common in the park, I doubt they care what he's doing. The only reason they noticed him in episode 2 is he killed dozens of hosts in a row. And even then they were like :manny: "he's a guest, let him do what he wants".

If you're talking about him asking about The Maze, I doubt any of the low level people watching him would know anything about that.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ya'll ever seen the movie Vice staring Bruce Willis?

this show is basically the series version of that show.

personally I think its wack. only reason to check this show out is a fine bytches. otherwise the concept is wack.

wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

This show is based on a movie that came out in 1973. The fukk?

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
10 episodes.

They can go for 4-5 seasons because the OG movies had multiple "world" theme parks. West world, medieval world, Roman empire world, and Future world.

Fred.
Na, just stick with Western World. It's gonna be the same shyt: AI overcoming programming.

Can stretch this 3 seasons.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Na, just stick with Western World. It's gonna be the same shyt: AI overcoming programming.

Can stretch this 3 seasons.

We haven't seen the world outside of Delos and Westworld. We don't even know if they're on Earth.

There is a ton of ways they can make this last 4-5 seasons. Not to mention, like I said earlier in the thread (spoiler tagged in case they use it) if they take elements of the older movies like "Future World" they can go a completely different direction with the show.

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
We haven't seen the world outside of Delos and Westworld. We don't even know if they're on Earth.

There is a ton of ways they can make this last 4-5 seasons. Not to mention, like I said earlier in the thread (spoiler tagged in case they use it) if they take elements of the older movies like "Future World" they can go a completely different direction with the show.

Fred.
What could they do?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Watching the episode again....
Ford mentioned that his new "fictional" storyline contains elements of truth. Then, when Teddy starts telling Wyatt's backstory, he says something like "Wyatt had strange ideas, like this land didn't belong to the old natives or the new comers, but to something yet to come."

Sounds like the fictional Wyatt storyline contains elements of the real Arnold storyline.
The "Old Natives" are the hosts
The new comers are the guests.
And the thing yet to come is a real synthetic life form, with the voice of God/Arnold in its head.

If Arnold's mind is still out there in the form of data on the hosts network, maybe Ford thinks he can force him to reveal himself so he can trap him.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
They seemed to be guests in some kind of weird cult. It's part of the story line Ford created.

She had a flashback to a previous version of that narrative loop.

Fred.
I don't think it was a flashback simply because Will & Logan are still in the park and this is a new storyline than the one she was on when they got there.
I think it was that she knew the storyline and what was supposed to happen.

I think it's obvious Arnold the MIB. Arnold "died" in the park and in the 1st ep the MIB said he was "born" in the park.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it was a flashback simply because Will & Logan are still in the park and this is a new storyline than the one she was on when they got there.
I think it was that she knew the storyline and what was supposed to happen.

I think it's obvious Arnold the MIB. Arnold "died" in the park and in the 1st ep the MIB said he was "born" in the park.
that's what he meant by flashback. For a split second she recalled a previous time that she went through this loop and got shot at that point, then snapped back to "reality".

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I got host vibes from Bernard :jbhmm: Esp when ford mentioned his son at the end of their meeting, it was like he was testing out a backstory like the one he uploaded to teddy. That scene with Bernard and his wife was also weird to me but I can't put my finger on why... :jbhmm: it felt kind of unnecessary, like way too explicit and sudden to be normal character development. And the boss lady he fukkin is suspect as well