The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Different time frames. Teddy to my knowledge doesn't appear when William was first into WW. Also remember that one prostitute remarked about how teddy was "new" in the first episode
They didn't show Teddy on the train but he was in brothel. He and Mave had a short convo right after she told the other chick how to wake up from nightmares.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They didn't show Teddy on the train but he was in brothel. He and Mave had a short convo right after she told the other chick how to wake up from nightmares.
Yeah but how do we know that scene where teddy gets shot in the bar is sequential with William arriving in westworld for the first time? I'm also curious why teddy deviates from picking up the can dolores drops and why she says "I knew you'd come back" when "first" seeing him, although based on the previews maybe teddy was fighting in the military

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Different time frames. Teddy to my knowledge doesn't appear when William was first into WW. Also remember that one prostitute remarked about how teddy was "new" in the first episode

i think that's just teddy's narrative for his current role

to be some guy that hasn't been back in town in a long time, which explains dolores' reaction to seeing him "come back" and the hookers saying he's "new" around there

probably a soldier or maybe a bandit that left town to escape the law

i don't really see what teddy and william have to do with each other besides both experiencing the tall dude bumping into them and drawing his gun, which is probably just a scripted event for his narrative as well

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but how do we know that scene where teddy gets shot in the bar is sequential with William arriving in westworld for the first time? I'm also curious why teddy deviates from picking up the can dolores drops and why she says "I knew you'd come back" when "first" seeing him, although based on the previews maybe teddy was fighting in the military
Teddy doesn't have a major storyline like Hector and his gang shooting up the town at the end of the 1st ep. If a guest interacts with Teddy before he gets to Delores or even before he bumps into Grizzly Adams coming off the train, it's not a big deal. And as far as the preview with Teddy in uniform, remember after the sheriff glitched in the mountains, his scene in town was given to a different host that was recruiting for the Union army as opposed to when the sheriff was gathering a posse to go after Hector. I believe that's a future scene and not a flashback.

I read on reddit that the west world logo changes, like the logo when William goes is older looking, I'll have to do check for that when I get off work
I've heard that on a couple podcasts but some have chalked it up to the reshoots that were done, although I don't know why they would overlook something so obvious.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i think that's just teddy's narrative for his current role

to be some guy that hasn't been back in town in a long time, which explains dolores' reaction to seeing him "come back" and the hookers saying he's "new" around there

probably a soldier or maybe a bandit that left town to escape the law

i don't really see what teddy and william have to do with each other besides both experiencing the tall dude bumping into them and drawing his gun, which is probably just a scripted event for his narrative as well
Right, I agree with your assessment. My mind was going deep down the rabbit hole last night with theories. I thought it couldn't be a coincidence both teddy and William bump into home boy but that could easily just be explained as Nolan showing off more of the "game" aspects having the host react the same way to anyone who bumps into him.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Teddy doesn't have a major storyline like Hector and his gang shooting up the town at the end of the 1st ep. If a guest interacts with Teddy before he gets to Delores or even before he bumps into Grizzly Adams coming off the train, it's not a big deal. And as far as the preview with Teddy in uniform, remember after the sheriff glitched in the mountains, his scene in town was given to a different host that was recruiting for the Union army as opposed to when the sheriff was gathering a posse to go after Hector. I believe that's a future scene and not a flashback.

I've heard that on a couple podcasts but some have chalked it up to the reshoots that were done, although I don't know why they would overlook something so obvious.
I agree with your assessment as well. I just got home from work, blazing, then I'm investigating this logo deal. If there is a difference I seriously doubt it's due to reshoots, Nolan would not accept a detail that large to change for no reason.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
shyt brehs. check this thread out spoilering it for those who don't want to read theories that may end up being true

I hadn't read this until now, and as I'm reading dude says some of the stuff I was saying

"Additionally, William picks up the can Dolores drops at the end of the episode, like the Man in Black does in episode 1, and like Teddy did in episode 1 as well. Perhaps William's "naive" personality during his first visit was adapted for Teddy's use over the years by Westworld's narrative writers"

dont know if its true but I love reading and theorizing about great shows anyway.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
About the logo. This is the entrance logo, which is indeed different from the "official logo", seen in the second pic.

4gWfhn1.png

jxQkhyi.png

But back in the dressing room, guess what?

9LJnBLd.jpg

It's the same "official" logo. So unless that is a production fukk up, the logo part of the theory is already debunked.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
About the logo. This is the entrance logo, which is indeed different from the "official logo", seen in the second pic.

4gWfhn1.png

jxQkhyi.png

But back in the dressing room, guess what?

9LJnBLd.jpg

It's the same "official" logo. So unless that is a production fukk up, the logo part of the theory is already debunked.
Yeah. When I went and looked at it myself I was NOT convinced by that part of the theory at all. The logo did not look retro at all.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:ohhh:

The man in black also picked the can that Dolores dropped tho...

In regards to the guy the bumps you...I assumed they were showing that he was just on a loop....Just as it's a loop for that posse to introduce chasing after the bandits and they attempt to get you involved.

I DO think it's something with whether you pick a black hat or a white hat. I'm not sure what tho. Maybe if a new comer picks a white hat, Dolores will have an affinity towards you...

:yeshrug:

Yeah, the dressing room is a character creation screen, and the hat represents your alignment. It's like "Paragons" vs "Renegades" in Mass Effect, where your alignment does effect how NPCs react to you.