The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Episode 2 was even better than 1, but this show is still seriously lacking good characters, and outside of the park the sets and cinematography are B-level

The man in black is really the only good character so far. Dolores has potential too.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Im wondering if the guests are physically there or not.

Because clearly the robots are shooting real projectiles. And clearly they can rip through flesh and blood of the other robots. And clearly the guests can actually shoot the robots. But how come when the robots shoot at the man in black it seems as if they actually aim and shoot at him but it 'bounces' off him.

If they are programmed to not hurt any living thing what is stopping these bullets. Are they shooting around or past the guests in these scenarios.

I swear I saw plumes of dust on the man in blacks chest when he got shot at in episode one. This parts confusing me. Cause everything points to them physically being there but there are a few inconsistencies.

Are guests using surrogates?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im wondering if the guests are physically there or not.

Because clearly the robots are shooting real projectiles. And clearly they can rip through flesh and blood of the other robots. And clearly the guests can actually shoot the robots. But how come when the robots shoot at the man in black it seems as if they actually aim and shoot at him but it 'bounces' off him.

If they are programmed to not hurt any living thing what is stopping these bullets. Are they shooting around or past the guests in these scenarios.

I swear I saw plumes of dust on the man in blacks chest when he got shot at in episode one. This parts confusing me. Cause everything points to them physically being there but there are a few inconsistencies.

Are guests using surrogates?

Somebody said (and I'm not sure where they got this info, maybe the HBO site for the show) the guns aren't just guns they can determine if the target is a host or a guest, and fire the proper bullets.

If it's a guest they fire low velocity projectiles, kinda like paint balls but weaker. If they're a host they fire real bullets.

Obviously this isn't a perfect system, and I'm sure there is a gang of paper work you need to fill out before you even step foot into the park.

EDIT:

I forgot to point out in the original movie the guns had heat sensors. Warm body = human = the gun don't shoot. But like you said the guns in the series are obviously shooting something.

Fred.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Somebody said (and I'm not sure where they got this info, maybe the HBO site for the show) the guns aren't just guns they can determine if the target is a host or a guest, and fire the proper bullets.

If it's a guest they fire low velocity projectiles, kinda like paint balls but weaker. If they're a host they fire real bullets.

Obviously this isn't a perfect system, and I'm sure there is a gang of paper work you need to fill out before you even step foot into the park.

EDIT:

I forgot to point out in the original movie the guns had heat sensors. Warm body = human = the gun don't shoot. But like you said the guns in the series are obviously shooting something.

Fred.
:ohhh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

EDIT:

Fred.
That's why that gun Delores found is going to be important. I think she uses it if Ed Harris comes back

I have no idea why people think that. I've been listening to a couple of podcasts and that theory makes no sense to me.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

EDIT:

Fred.

Here's the quote I read from Nolan:
11 Rules of Westworld — HBO’s Killer Robot Series << Movie & TV News and Interviews – Rotten Tomatoes

“It’s not the guns,” Nolan said. “It’s the bullets. We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.”

I don't believe the theory personally, but maybe Old Bill moved that way because he was broken and never fully repaired?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
oh fukk I just read this theory that makes perfect sense

Teddy is using William's memories! Remember how I mentioned I thought Teddy had his personality changed with the new update because of bumping into that guy who said that Teddy was a guide and Teddy not knowing wtf he was talking about...So in the previews for Episode 3 we can see Dolores and William kissing, we see William bumping into that host when he first arrives in westworld and the guy reaches towards his pistol just like when teddy got to westworld (I think...right?) AND teddy and william both picked up the can Dolores drops.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

Teddy is using William's memories! Remember how I mentioned I thought Teddy had his personality changed with the new update because of bumping into that guy who said that Teddy was a guide and Teddy not knowing wtf he was talking about...So in the previews for Episode 3 we can see Dolores and William kissing, we see William bumping into that host when he first arrives in westworld and the guy reaches towards his pistol just like when teddy got to westworld (I think...right?) AND teddy and william both picked up the can Dolores drops.

:dwillhuh: how does that make sense tho breh

a host using the memories of a first time guest?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: how does that make sense tho breh

a host using the memories of a first time guest?
Different time frames. Teddy to my knowledge doesn't appear when William was first into WW. Also remember that one prostitute remarked about how teddy was "new" in the first episode

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter

The man in black also picked the can that Dolores dropped tho...

In regards to the guy the bumps you...I assumed they were showing that he was just on a loop....Just as it's a loop for that posse to introduce chasing after the bandits and they attempt to get you involved.

I DO think it's something with whether you pick a black hat or a white hat. I'm not sure what tho. Maybe if a new comer picks a white hat, Dolores will have an affinity towards you...

:yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

The man in black also picked the can that Dolores dropped tho...

In regards to the guy the bumps you...I assumed they were showing that he was just on a loop....Just as it's a loop for that posse to introduce chasing after the bandits and they attempt to get you involved.

I DO think it's something with whether you pick a black hat or a white hat. I'm not sure what tho. Maybe if a new comer picks a white hat, Dolores will have an affinity towards you...

:yeshrug:
Well I read some theories that the man in black is William but I don't really believe them. And it's definitely possible that homeboy is on a loop and reaches for his gun anytime someone bumps into him