The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Finally got a chance to watch this. I was able follow most of everything, but Ed Harris's character left me :jbhmm:
I guess he's not a host, but the first thing I thought when he was out there roaming around was Red Dead Redemption. He could be a bug planted by a programmer or maybe he's a customer, but do the workers not even notice he's out there :dahell:
Nolan himself said the man in black is a patron of the park who wants to be a villain and be omnipotent, he is someone who has taken the park to its extremes in terms of experiences.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
After watching Westworld, I don't even know if I want to watch "Humans" anymore. Just like I never wanted to see "The Following" again once I started watching "Hannibal."

Westworld makes Humans redundant.

I thought about that too, and maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they have paid too much attention to detail and world building to not explain it.

I'm thinking it's very possible that it's not a daily thing. In fact, I wonder if time may pass differently in Westworld and outside of it.

They haven't said how long the "narratives" last, and guests would get bored quickly if it were all just one day on a loop. Maybe some host narratives are shorter than others?

I dunno. Good question. It does seem like Dolores and Teddy both wake up to the same day...maybe others have different lengths of their narratives?

I hope it all gets sorted out. Really impressive show so far.

I think a lot of the cleanup is just handled within the show's universe. If bandits shoot up the town, they don't have to bring the bodies back to life the same day. They can let an Undertaker host hold on to them for a few days and bury them, then when the loop reset comes just dig them up and repair them. Also, I doubt all the loops are the same length. Dolores and Teddy reset together just because they're both part of the same "side quest" loop.

Also wonder what type of ammo they're using. Seems clear that the robots or hosts or whatever are firing blanks but the real people are either firing real rounds or there's some type of technology that causes the hosts to react to it like laser tag or something. But since they're actually blowing holes I wonder if the people can actually get hit by those rounds.

I read an interview that says the guns are real. The twist is, they automatically select what type of ammunition to fire based on what they are pointed at. If they're pointed at a robot they fire real bullets. But if the same gun is fired at a human, it will fire off a "paintball" type round.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Go to Westworld: A Delos Destination and enter WHITEHATBLACKHAT in the upper right hand corner.

Also check out a different site, even though the text may read the same here: Westworld: A Delos Destination

^ I don't know the password for the ADMIN on that 2nd link.

This is some Cloverfield type viral marketing shyt.

if you go to one of the sites @TheDarceKnight linked Westworld: A Delos Destination you can read some Delos "personnel" emails where they shed light on a few things

apparently there's an Arrivals section of the building where guests go to enter the park...i assume most hosts are already in the park and a few might be added on the train in the same way...but they still have yet to reveal any info on how they actually get guests/hosts/objects in and out of westworld...but it does seem to all be done in the same facility

another email on the site i found kinda interesting could explain how dolores' dad stumbled on that pic of the girl in times square

there seems to be a few instances of employees mixing their personal belongings up with stuff meant to be put into westworld...one example they cited was an employee's bra that they almost put on to one of the hosts before sending it back in

so it's possible that the pic could be an employee of Delos or someone they know :manny:
I read those emails too and found one very interesting.
Potential spoiler about the location
fukk that. I’m grabbing a clean-up tech suit and heading topside on the next mandatory host retrieval. Ditch the mask, throw on a black hat, and I’ll be blasting my way through to Pariah in no time.
One employee was asking about the employee discount since he's never been to the park and decided he's going TOPSIDE on the next outing. So I'm guessing humans are living underground which leads to a bunch of other questions, biggest one being "why?". I can't wait for the next ep

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I wasn't really feeling it. I'm gonna have to watch the ep. again to make sure though :patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So he just sorta lives there?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's part of management, the group above the people that run the park. Why he'd be chilling in the park for 30 years, I dunno. At the very least he's rich because like I said it's $40,000 a day to visit.

Fred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I wouldn't be surprised if he's part of management, the group above the people that run the park. Why he'd be chilling in the park for 30 years, I dunno. At the very least he's rich because like I said it's $40,000 a day to visit.

Fred.
That's just the stay, not the other fees. I booked a stay for 2 people on the website for a week, came out to 3.5 milli

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The one guy made a reference to moving things around so that the bandit came to town a week earlier for the shootout. So sounds like these 'storylines' can go for at least that long. Also wonder what type of ammo they're using. Seems clear that the robots or hosts or whatever are firing blanks but the real people are either firing real rounds or there's some type of technology that causes the hosts to react to it like laser tag or something. But since they're actually blowing holes I wonder if the people can actually get hit by those rounds.

Also how do they repair the hosts so cleanly? You got hosts getting their heads near blown off and it seems from their convo about the girl/daughter that they use the same hosts over and over.
i was thinking about this too. the laser tag theory is good. i was also thinking what if guests try to act out their fantasies and be "villains" to other guests tho. if they cant tell the difference :lupe: so how would the guns work then :lupe: if the guns are real then you could actually be killing other random guests :lupe:

edit:

I read an interview that says the guns are real. The twist is, they automatically select what type of ammunition to fire based on what they are pointed at. If they're pointed at a robot they fire real bullets. But if the same gun is fired at a human, it will fire off a "paintball" type round.
:ohhh:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
i was thinking about this too. the laser tag theory is good. i was also thinking what if guests try to act out their fantasies and be "villains" to other guests tho. if they cant tell the difference :lupe: so how would the guns work then :lupe: if the guns are real then you could actually be killing other random guests :lupe:

edit:

Right. That's why I assume the rounds aren't live. They said the park's been around 30 years. Can't have a bunch of folks running around acting out fantasies with real weapons for that long without anyone accidentally getting shot

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

edit:

I'd need to go back and rewatch but is there ever a scene with multiple groups of guests in one "stimulation" together? I was thinking each guest might possibly get their own "instance" to use MMORPG terms. Because wouldn't seeing a bunch of guests completely ruin the experience?

This also comes back to the question of whether westworld is a physical or digital world.

Last edited:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I'd need to go back and rewatch but is there ever a scene with multiple groups of guests in one "stimulation" together? I was thinking each guest might possibly get their own "instance" to use MMORPG terms. Because wouldn't seeing a bunch of guests completely ruin the experience?

This also comes back to the question of whether westworld is a physical or digital world.

the most guests i saw together where when the asians and a few others were all in the saloon/brothel and when a few other guests were with teddy in that whorehouse later on in the episode

also i would think that westworld is a digital world that somehow is able to transport physical beings and objects from the real world to it, seeing as how the entrances and exits to it all seem to be within the same facility and how the staff manages to slip in and out for various reasons

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the most guests i saw together where when the asians and a few others were all in the saloon/brothel and when a few other guests were with teddy in that whorehouse later on in the episode

also i would think that westworld is a digital world that somehow is able to transport physical beings and objects from the real world to it, seeing as how the entrances and exits to it all seem to be within the same facility and how the staff manages to slip in and out for various reasons
right. I'm thinking you can "party" up with people to continue the video game reference, there was that couple too that road horses then ended up killing the gunslinger dude in the paint it black shootout. I have to assume it is a virtual reality type thing and not a physical place because there are far too many guests for them to all be in the same place.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right. I'm thinking you can "party" up with people to continue the video game reference, there was that couple too that road horses then ended up killing the gunslinger dude in the paint it black shootout. I have to assume it is a virtual reality type thing and not a physical place because there are far too many guests for them to all be in the same place.

It's a physical place.

Also, there are other towns besides the one we saw. Sweetwater (the one we've seen) is just the central/biggest one.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's a physical place.

Also, there are other towns besides the one we saw. Sweetwater (the one we've seen) is just the central/biggest one.
well then how do you insure that other guests wont interfere with other guests scripted experiences like the the one during the paint it black scene where the guest shoots homeboy and homegirl and tells his wife to go get a camera?