The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Intro to this show is the same as every HBO show...

10 minutes in, this sh1t might be trash like Vinyl

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
well then how do you insure that other guests wont interfere with other guests scripted experiences like the the one during the paint it black scene where the guest shoots homeboy and homegirl and tells his wife to go get a camera?
maybe they don't? I mean if you can't harm the harm the guest then I think that'd just be part of the experience.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'd need to go back and rewatch but is there ever a scene with multiple groups of guests in one "stimulation" together? I was thinking each guest might possibly get their own "instance" to use MMORPG terms. Because wouldn't seeing a bunch of guests completely ruin the experience?

This also comes back to the question of whether westworld is a physical or digital world.

There's always a bunch different groups of guests whenever Teddy gets off the train at the start of his quest loop.

the most guests i saw together where when the asians and a few others were all in the saloon/brothel and when a few other guests were with teddy in that whorehouse later on in the episode

also i would think that westworld is a digital world that somehow is able to transport physical beings and objects from the real world to it, seeing as how the entrances and exits to it all seem to be within the same facility and how the staff manages to slip in and out for various reasons

I'm pretty sure its a physical place, with a lot of secret underground tunnels that the staff can travel through.

well then how do you insure that other guests wont interfere with other guests scripted experiences like the the one during the paint it black scene where the guest shoots homeboy and homegirl and tells his wife to go get a camera?

The whole point of the shootout was to physically remove a large number of robots out of the "game" without ruining the storyline for any guests that see it happening. That only makes sense if all the guests are physically in the same game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm assuming there is a limited (probably very small) number of guests in there at any given time.

Fred.

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent

I think they mentioned something about that. The script guy is always around to revise/edit story lines as they goe along. I remember them talking about it when " a guest decides to go on a killing spree"

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was confused about this as well but it's definitely a physical park. Not vr. They model they use to observe is just some kind of advanced surveillance system

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The discoverwestworld.com has a ton of interesting info. Some stuff that stood out to me

“our consultants will work with your local port authority to chart your course to the park.” (Implies that Westworld is on some kind of island only reachable on boat?)

"You agree that you will leave the Delos Destinations compound on your appointed leave date, and you will make no attempt to hide within the parks and avoid your leave date. A maximum of twenty-eight (28) days is allowed for being within the parks before guests must proceed to the Mesa Gold area for decompression."

"If Delos, Inc. or any Delos Entity believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms has occurred, it may take any and all corrective action it deems appropriate without notice, including contacting local authorities on the mainland. All human-on-human crimes taking place within the Delos Destinations compound will first be investigated by Delos, Inc." (Seems like that'd be ripe for abuse/coverups)

"Statistically speaking, you are more likely to die from lightning strike than to die while in a Delos park. However, the following causes of accidental death have occurred within the Delos Destinations compound: buffalo stampede, self- cannibalism, accidental hanging, drowning, 3rd-degree burns, autoerotic asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, allergic reaction to non-native plant life, falling from great heights, common manslaughter, tumbleweeds. You absolve Delos, Inc. of any wrongdoing if you or anyone in your party suffers bodily harm while using The Service, and you agree to not sue or prosecute Delos, Inc. or any of the smaller entities falling under the Delos Corporation." (So in this future society guests have died at Westworld on occasion and it's more or less accepted)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
self-cannibalism

jadawtf_zpsu5awrypf.png

Fred.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That was a intriguing pilot definitely keeps me anticipating what's next.
:jbhmm:
The show has that right amount of creepyiness to it like the robber was spitting Milk on Delore's dad in the beginning shyt was disturbing as fukk. :dwillhuh:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That was a intriguing pilot definitely keeps me anticipating what's next.
:jbhmm:
The show has that right amount of creepyiness to it like the robber was spitting Milk on Delore's dad in the beginning shyt was disturbing as fukk. :dwillhuh:
The Androids malfunctioning and their eyes going all wild fukked me up. Also I like the point that that guy brought up about them getting almost too real.