The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think he's saying an actual bug is the cause of the technical bug, which is kinda ironic.

I think Delores knows what's going on because she just told ol boy "I would never harm a living thing" then killed a fly directly afterwards. They're supposed to ignore flies.

Fred.
I also think those gestures the old man programmed into the new update somehow allows the AI access to previous memories/roles they played because her dad started saying those Shakespeare lines which he would've known as a past identity

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I also think those gestures the old man programmed into the new update somehow allows the AI access to previous memories/roles they played because her dad started saying those Shakespeare lines which he would've known as a past identity

Yeah, the "reveries".

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Yes, the dad was accessing previous identities he played as a host through the programmed reveries. That's most likely why Delores has advanced so far ahead of the other hosts because she's the oldest host in the park and thus holds the most reveries.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
How many old rock songs did they "westernize" in this episode. I see a lot of folks caught Paint It Black but they also played Black Hole Sun in one of the later scenes in the saloon.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
GONNA WATCH TOMORROW MY nikka :salute:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ric.

Woo_zps7b07c397.gif

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Was interesting. Random thoughts but its how my brain works: Seems like a lot of work to keep that park up. You got cats shooting the joint up on the regular, dudes wildin and probably breaking stuff and all that yet the whole place gotta look brand new what every morning? Every week? Plus you gotta make sure all the bodies and all that get cleaned up.
I thought about that too, and maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they have paid too much attention to detail and world building to not explain it.

I'm thinking it's very possible that it's not a daily thing. In fact, I wonder if time may pass differently in Westworld and outside of it.

They haven't said how long the "narratives" last, and guests would get bored quickly if it were all just one day on a loop. Maybe some host narratives are shorter than others?

I dunno. Good question. It does seem like Dolores and Teddy both wake up to the same day...maybe others have different lengths of their narratives?

I hope it all gets sorted out. Really impressive show so far.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yes, the dad was accessing previous identities he played as a host through the programmed reveries. That's most likely why Delores has advanced so far ahead of the other hosts because she's the oldest host in the park and thus holds the most reveries.
When they asked the current iteration of Dolores' dad (don't remember his name) what his itinerary was, and he said that he wanted to "meet his maker" and "get revenge"...was that JUST a combo of Shakespeare and the former iteration as the cannibal?

Or, do you think the A.I. "knows" more about Anthony Hopkins and the work going on with management at Westworld?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When they asked the current iteration of Dolores' dad (don't remember his name) what his itinerary was, and he said that he wanted to "meet his maker" and "get revenge"...was that JUST a combo of Shakespeare and the former iteration as the cannibal?

Or, do you think the A.I. "knows" more about Anthony Hopkins and the work going on with management at Westworld?

It's his previous identities seeping through. At this point I think only Delores is "conscious".

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I thought about that too, and maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they have paid too much attention to detail and world building to not explain it.

I'm thinking it's very possible that it's not a daily thing. In fact, I wonder if time may pass differently in Westworld and outside of it.

They haven't said how long the "narratives" last, and guests would get bored quickly if it were all just one day on a loop. Maybe some host narratives are shorter than others?

I dunno. Good question. It does seem like Dolores and Teddy both wake up to the same day...maybe others have different lengths of their narratives?

I hope it all gets sorted out. Really impressive show so far.

The one guy made a reference to moving things around so that the bandit came to town a week earlier for the shootout. So sounds like these 'storylines' can go for at least that long. Also wonder what type of ammo they're using. Seems clear that the robots or hosts or whatever are firing blanks but the real people are either firing real rounds or there's some type of technology that causes the hosts to react to it like laser tag or something. But since they're actually blowing holes I wonder if the people can actually get hit by those rounds.

Also how do they repair the hosts so cleanly? You got hosts getting their heads near blown off and it seems from their convo about the girl/daughter that they use the same hosts over and over.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The one guy made a reference to moving things around so that the bandit came to town a week earlier for the shootout. So sounds like these 'storylines' can go for at least that long. Also wonder what type of ammo they're using. Seems clear that the robots or hosts or whatever are firing blanks but the real people are either firing real rounds or there's some type of technology that causes the hosts to react to it like laser tag or something. But since they're actually blowing holes I wonder if the people can actually get hit by those rounds.

Also how do they repair the hosts so cleanly? You got hosts getting their heads near blown off and it seems from their convo about the girl/daughter that they use the same hosts over and over.
My buddy at work was asking about that this morning. Good question.