The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anthony Hopkins is a tremendous actor. And he seems in awe of other great actors.
And not just because of the letter he wrote to Brian Cranston. He's like a genuine fan of great acting.

I made a point to credit Jeffrey Wright in this thread because he is a wonderful actor and I feel like he doesn't get enough credit. But Rachel Wood was great too. So was Thandie Newton, btw. I wasn't aware of Thandie until she appeared in Mission Impossible 2 (good lord, she was gorgeous) but she's proven that she's more than a pretty face. She's a true actress.
Have you seen her in Crash? She killed that role. She was also good in For Colored Girls, Beloved, etc. She has always had acting chops.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel like there was something relevant about the woman with the snake tattoo cutting her arm off and going after guards. If not, why'd they put it in the final scene after the credits? I feel like she is the most murderous bot that wants to kill for the sake of killing and since Maeve went back to the facility, snake lady is the only one still alive in the real world

Buuuut it doesn't make sense because Maeve was the only robot with the ability to leave the facility...?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im sure this show doesnt make total sense and that aspect isnt worth writing many paragraphs over.

It was a good first season, entertaining. Too often the point of the show was for you to be confused and for dialogue to explicitly explain something though.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Sheeeeeeeeit. They almost did. If this flopped they would've been in a world (no pun intended) of trouble. They sunk $100 mill into "Vinyl" which was a dud and the "Utopia" remake is on indefinite hold.

They still need to do "Utopia".

Fred.

1 show can set them back that far though?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1 show can set them back that far though?

When they don't have any hits, definitely. Back in the day they had "Oz", "The Sopranos", "The Wire", etc. all on or around the same time. Since they are pay cable and don't show commercials most of their money is from subscriptions....and if they don't have hit shows then nobody has a reason to subscribe. "True Detective" season 1 was great then season 2 was awful. "Boardwalk Empire" was cool but was never a hit, then they cancelled it to start "Vinyl", which flopped. They needed "Westworld" to be a hit because all they got right now is "Game Of Thrones", which ends in 2 years.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im sure this show doesnt make total sense and that aspect isnt worth writing many paragraphs over.

It was a good first season, entertaining. Too often the point of the show was for you to be confused and for dialogue to explicitly explain something though.
actually the show makes total sense

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually the show makes total sense

The hosts were not aware that they were hosts and different from normal people. Their aggression being pumped up leads them to kill the Westworld employees working on them indiscriminately and brutally. Yet they don't attack each other on site. That's just one thing. This show has a lot of holes. Which would be OK if half the show wasn't explaining the plot.