Zenn-La
Show got people debating ethics of good and evil, that's how you know it's A+
UKQUU95.png

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm reserving judgment on how evil Ford is until we know what the Delos agenda he prevented was. Ford was fully aware that they had bigger plans for his tech and spent years blocking them. Killing the board and thwarting their plans the smuggle the data out ends their plans long term after his death, which was probably coming soon anyway given his age.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
What I'm curious about is that if/when the hosts are free, what then? If they all think humans aren't shyt, are they gonna stay in park 1? And without the meticulous maintenance that they've received by the engineers, how long do they think their gonna last? As fukked as it is, the damage has been done, and theyre all on borrowed time.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
So basically the consequences in the game now are real?

The whole "freedom" thing is a little creepy and deranged if you ask me because at the end of the day an AI shouldn't clapping nikkas in this game world... now with Ford granting them access to kill I really feel like he sabotaged the safety of the park...

Do you guys think both the creators are truly dead Arnold and Ford? Because they both basically died by their creation... that must account for something...
yeah but but i believe only with the original hosts,
this is also what the man in black thought the maze was for, a game where the stakes were real

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
so what's the verdict on Ford being labeled a "good" or "bad" guy in the series

also does Delos deserve being massacred at the show?

Ford sees himself as God to the hosts. He's teaching the hosts how to kill humans in order to survive. Since we (the audience) are all humans, we kind of have to see him as bad. He's basically letting the Cylons run the Matrix. I don't think he's trying to cause the end of humanity, but I think he thinks he can have the hosts control their own little world and defend it from human attacks. Maybe something like the robot empire from the "Animatrix" movie

From the hosts point of view he's more morally ambiguous, because he helped set them free. But he's given every hosts that knows about him (Bernard, Dolores, etc.) reasons to want him dead...so he's pretty bad to them too.

As for Delos getting massacred, I'm not sure that's what happened. We saw Dolores shoot a couple of people, but we don't know if she stopped after she made her point. It's possible that the "Ghost Nation" army was just sent to capture/intimidate the Delos board, not kill them all.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on episode 7 and i'm finding really hard to care/be invested on anything that's going on despite the multiple attempts the show makes to make you care about how the hosts are living in hell.

also, maeve is an engaging character but the show does a terrible job with her story line. like ok, i'm used to suspending my disbelief but the extent they are asking for me to do it here is just ridiculous. so you mean to tell me that them two technicians/butchers really let her push them like that and did not report what was happening? ok let's say at first they were worried about their job, aight cool, but the second she started threatening them they didn't report it? what? she only has access to them a few hours a day, so they were safe to do it any time she was in westworld/not around them. also, she just happens to fall on the table of the one technician who has ambitions of getting promoted and had just stolen a behavioral tablet that just so happens to allow them to change her attributes to make her more intelligent? c'mon dog. not even gon mention how stupid the felix guy outright telling her "your computing capabilities are far beyond ours, but erm, yeah you are under our control and yeah you just gotta suffer even though technically you guys are superior to us" , is.

i mean the show is pretty and has a cool premise but some of the execution is just poor. some good performances too, even tho anthony hopkins is doing is regular "i know more than you do, but i'm not gonna let you in on it" routine that i've seen him do in like literally every work, but yeah man. like i get why people would like it, its one of them shows that nikkas like to say they like it because its cool to say it, like it becomes sort of a social statement on some "i'm smart" shyt, kinda like how a bunch of lunatics were running around saying inception was a goat movie when it dropped. like its one of them shows that is good at looking complex, even tho there are serious problems with the means it achieves that.

i'm not even up to the episode the bernard twist is supposed to happen, but i figured out what he was the moment dolores uttered his words verbatim "this pain is all i have left of them", same shyt he had said about his supposed son when he was facetiming his wife, i heard that, i looked to my girl and said "the twist will be bernard is a host". a day later got on a videogame forum and happened to stumble on spoilers of people discussing bernard being a host lmao.

also, westworld is a world set in a pretty racist time period but the hosts are programmed to treat all guest/newcomers equally despite racial background right? but then like on episode 1 or 2, the bartender host makes a racial remark towards the poker card dealer host so is there systemic racism between the hosts?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
on episode 7 and i'm finding really hard to care/be invested on anything that's going on despite the multiple attempts the show makes to make you care about how the hosts are living in hell.

also, maeve is an engaging character but the show does a terrible job with her story line. like ok, i'm used to suspending my disbelief but the extent they are asking for me to do it here is just ridiculous. so you mean to tell me that them two technicians/butchers really let her push them like that and did not report what was happening? ok let's say at first they were worried about their job, aight cool, but the second she started threatening them they didn't report it? what? she only has access to them a few hours a day, so they were safe to do it any time she was in westworld/not around them. also, she just happens to fall on the table of the one technician who has ambitions of getting promoted and had just stolen a behavioral tablet that just so happens to allow them to change her attributes to make her more intelligent? c'mon dog. not even gon mention how stupid the felix guy outright telling her "your computing capabilities are far beyond ours, but erm, yeah you are under our control and yeah you just gotta suffer even though technically you guys are superior to us" , is.
that bothered a lot of people

but it's all explained how/why they got away with everything

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you're referring to the technicians please enlighten me as at this point i couldn't care less about spoilers.

also, i'm not looking into how/why they got away with everything. i'm looking into why do it. what's the drive behind these questionable character motivations. an android went off the script, is showing signs of sentience and consciousness, and more importantly, threatened their existence, and they just comply?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
if you're referring to the technicians please enlighten me as at this point i couldn't care less about spoilers.

also, i'm not looking into how/why they got away with everything. i'm looking into why do it. what's the drive behind these questionable character motivations. an android went off the script, is showing signs of sentience and consciousness, and more importantly, threatened their existence, and they just comply?
ford is behind everything... the how/why IS the reason they comply

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

i mean the show is pretty and has a cool premise but some of the execution is just poor. some good performances too, even tho anthony hopkins is doing is regular "i know more than you do, but i'm not gonna let you in on it" routine that i've seen him do in like literally every work, but yeah man. like i get why people would like it, its one of them shows that nikkas like to say they like it because its cool to say it, like it becomes sort of a social statement on some "i'm smart" shyt, kinda like how a bunch of lunatics were running around saying inception was a goat movie when it dropped. like its one of them shows that is good at looking complex, even tho there are serious problems with the means it achieves that.

i'm not even up to the episode the bernard twist is supposed to happen, but i figured out what he was the moment dolores uttered his words verbatim "this pain is all i have left of them", same shyt he had said about his supposed son when he was facetiming his wife, i heard that, i looked to my girl and said "the twist will be bernard is a host". a day later got on a videogame forum and happened to stumble on spoilers of people discussing bernard being a host lmao.

also, westworld is a world set in a pretty racist time period but the hosts are programmed to treat all guest/newcomers equally despite racial background right? but then like on episode 1 or 2, the bartender host makes a racial remark towards the poker card dealer host so is there systemic racism between the hosts?
Lol I was explaining the premise of the show to a friend and he was like, "white people would probably go there just to call the black hooker a niqqer bytch to her face just to let off steam."