The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
i'm behind so i just got to that part... hopkins might be the GOAT evil actor ever

he's not crazy evil like most play it. you just believe he truly is fukking evil. no corny jokes, over the top nonsense, weird ass evil faces... just the small details in his face and voice

sounds and looks just like a completely normal person, until he does one simple thing and you realize this motherfukker is a damn psychopath :wow:

Hopkins been Evil GOAT since Silence of The Lambs.

shyts nothing to him now. :wow:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why are people rooting for Ford? Saying he's a good guy? Dude just puppet mastered the merking a bunch of people. He has bodies under his belt. :dwillhuh:

All because he wanted ROBOTS to achieve enlightenment. :dwillhuh:

EDIT: just saw the post a few above mine regarding this :heh:
He's not really evil. He realized Arnold was right about the hosts being sentient and didn't want them to continue living in a loop over and over where they're raped/murdered/tortured etc by guests (or other hosts) He became disgusted with human kind and delos wanted to steal his code so they wouldn't need ford anymore and could exploit the park and his technologically for immense financial gain.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why are people rooting for Ford? Saying he's a good guy? Dude just puppet mastered the merking a bunch of people. He has bodies under his belt. :dwillhuh:

All because he wanted ROBOTS to achieve enlightenment. :dwillhuh:

EDIT: just saw the post a few above mine regarding this :heh:

People keep saying "robots" like the hosts are just a random appliance. A toaster or some shyt. There was another guy earlier in the thread that said he couldn't get into the show because "it's just robots, who cares if they get hurt or die?"

If a robot is sentient, and can think on it's own....then what makes them different from a human?

Killing the Delos board was the only way to free the hosts. It's not like he did it for fun.

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
He's not really evil. He realized Arnold was right about the hosts being sentient and didn't want them to continue living in a loop over and over where they're raped/murdered/tortured etc by guests (or other hosts) He became disgusted with human kind and delos wanted to steal his code so they wouldn't need ford anymore and could exploit the park and his technologically for immense financial gain.

To kill people because some represent the filth that we are doesn't justify evil intentions? For all we know some of those guests were just innocent ( at least more than others).

I'm not gonna say he should of did this or that since it's a TV show and not reality but we can all separate good intentions from bad. :comeon:

People keep saying "robots" like the hosts are just a random appliance. A toaster or some shyt. There was another guy earlier in the thread that said he couldn't get into the show because "it's just robots, who cares if they get hurt or die?"

If a robot is sentient, and can think on it's own....then what makes them different from a human?

Killing the Delos board was the only way to free the hosts. It's not like he did it for fun.

Fred.

I know they're not robots. Don't need to get literal. I'm just saying these beings aren't human and to give them free will is... well, it's a matter of opinion, but in mine, I wouldn't want them being capable of being like us. Who's to say they won't be exactly like us? :usure:

Skynet, breh, Skynet :whoa:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To kill people because some represent the filth that we are doesn't justify evil intentions? For all we know some of those guests were just innocent ( at least more than others).

I'm not gonna say he should of did this or that since it's a TV show and not reality but we can all separate good intentions from bad. :comeon:

I know they're not robots. Don't need to get literal. I'm just saying these beings aren't human and to give them free will is... well, it's a matter of opinion, but in mine, I wouldn't want them being capable of being like us. Who's to say they won't be exactly like us? :usure:

I see your point but they didn't technically give the hosts free will. It was kind of an accident. They were already showing signs of being more than machines 30 years ago which is why Arnold wanted to shut down the park....but at some point you have to decide, do you keep them as slaves or let them go? I wouldn't say Ford was "good" but he felt like he did the right thing in letting them go. The only way of keeping it from ever happening is not building hosts in the first place

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I see your point but they didn't technically give the hosts free will. It was kind of an accident. They were already showing signs of being more than machines 30 years ago which is why Arnold wanted to shut down the park....but at some point you have to decide, do you keep them as slaves or let them go? I wouldn't say Ford was "good" but he felt like he did the right thing in letting them go. The only way of keeping it from ever happening is not building hosts in the first place

Fred.
I mean, you should know what you're getting into before doing it.

"hmm, let's create these beings that can be like humans. What could go wrong?" :stopitslime:

But this is TV, good TV, so :manny:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What does your fear say about human kind. if that is the case you believe humans are evil.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Not gonna read the last 20 pages...but are we buying Lisa Joy's comment that the "printer" in the basement of Ford's secret cottage was really just there for creepy ambiance?

I think it allows them flexibility should they want/convince Hopkins to return for more episodes. I'm torn on whether I'd want them to. More Hopkins is never a bad thing, but there needs to be SOME weight to character deaths. If everyone who dies can come back, those stakes cease to exist.