The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How is the show complicated if you're figuring stuff out before they reveal it? That's the thing with Jonathan Nolan, nothing that happened in this show is supposed to be a big "twist" or a big reveal, there are clues about EVERYTHING that happens before it actually happens. It's confusing for the first few episodes in terms of the time jumps but I feel like you really get your footing around episode 5-6 to where you understand the world and start picking up on the subtle clues.

"Sweetwater" is my alarm sound now, it's amazing. And "Dr. Ford" is incredible.

Exactly episode 5-6 is where it starts piecing itself together for the most part.

So is Arnold the Bernard or did Bernard really kill Arnold?

I wonder if each world has their own "story tellers..."

I personally do not think Hopkins died either

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So is Arnold the Bernard or did Bernard really kill Arnold?

cwtfg_zpsk4z7p4vs.png

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
nikka I'm confused with the whole Bernard/Arnold break it down for your boy
Arnold and Ford built the park.

Arnold lost a son at some point.

Arnold thought the androids were conscious beings, Ford didn't.

Arnold got the androids to kill him to have the park shut down before it opened.

Ford missed his friend and built an android based on Arnold and named it Bernard. Gave him the backstory of losing a son as well.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Arnold and Ford built the park.

Arnold lost a son at some point.

Arnold thought the androids were conscious beings, Ford didn't.

Arnold got the androids to kill him to have the park shut down before it opened.

Ford missed his friend and built an android based on Arnold and named it Bernard. Gave him the backstory of losing a son as well.

Ok maybe it's because I'm sick but yeah I totally understand that part... now my question is like @Sensitive Blake Griffin said since Dolores kills Arnold... how come Ford had the hosts killing humans in the finale sounds like a sabotage to get the park shut down anyway since it's not safe... I also thought the humans couldn't to die in the park?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Ok maybe it's because I'm sick but yeah I totally understand that part... now my question is like @Sensitive Blake Griffin said since Dolores kills Arnold... how come Ford had the hosts killing humans in the finale sounds like a sabotage to get the park shut down anyway since it's not safe... I also thought the humans couldn't to die in the park?
In the 30 years since Arnold's death Ford realized Arnold was right. So he was attempting to give the androids their freedom.

The mandate that humans couldn't be seriously hurt was programmed into the Androids. This season was about that programming either being lifted or ignored - free will to do as you feel.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
they couldn't die in the park due to the limitations put into the hosts code in regards to hurting humans or guests. Ford's code broke that barrier that hosts have in their code that prevents them from killing. Ford was sick of what him and arnold's world they built had become. A place for guests to come, fukk, murder and torture. Once he knew that Arnold was right, that the hosts were becoming sentient he felt so bad for how the guests use them. Since Ford and Arnold built hosts, they had an intrinsic respect for their creation and the world they built also that guests obviously don't share.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In the 30 years since Arnold's death Ford realized Arnold was right. So he was attempting to give the androids their freedom.

The mandate that humans couldn't be seriously hurt was programmed into the Androids. This season was about that programming either being lifted or ignored - free will to do as you feel.

they couldn't die in the park due to the limitations put into the hosts code in regards to hurting humans or guests. Ford's code broke that barrier that hosts have in their code that prevents them from killing. Ford was sick of what him and arnold's world they built had become. A place for guests to come, fukk, murder and torture. Once he knew that Arnold was right, that the hosts were becoming sentient he felt so bad for how the guests use them. Since Ford and Arnold built hosts, they had an intrinsic respect for their creation and the world they built also that guests obviously don't share.

So basically the consequences in the game now are real?

The whole "freedom" thing is a little creepy and deranged if you ask me because at the end of the day an AI shouldn't clapping nikkas in this game world... now with Ford granting them access to kill I really feel like he sabotaged the safety of the park...

Do you guys think both the creators are truly dead Arnold and Ford? Because they both basically died by their creation... that must account for something...