The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The show is cool but I figured out who she was talking to way back... I hope Hopkins comes back...

People debating the philosophy of the show is amusing to me tho...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The hosts' swords don't have to be sharp..... or even actual metal for that matter
then how would they kill other hosts? you gonna pay 40k a day to watch robots fight with plastic swords and no decapitations or dismemberment or swords that could even go through armor

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this show is EASILY on GoT/BB level of quality @FlyRy :pacspit: (if I interpreted you correctly you thought it was a little below that level) even inconsistencies I perceived like the shytty delos guards ends up being explained from a scene I forgot about. This shyt is layered, and amazingly edited and thought out with one of the best scores I've ever heard in both movies and television.

look at this crazy shyt

This "Westworld" Fan Theory Is Either fukking Insane Or A Huge Coincidence

kjyunzee082y.jpg

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
this show is EASILY on GoT/BB level of quality @FlyRy :pacspit: (if I interpreted you correctly you thought it was a little below that level) even inconsistencies I perceived like the shytty delos guards ends up being explained from a scene I forgot about. This shyt is layered, and amazingly edited and thought out with one of the best scores I've ever heard in both movies and television.

look at this crazy shyt

This "Westworld" Fan Theory Is Either fukking Insane Or A Huge Coincidence

kjyunzee082y.jpg
It's a beautiful show but too complicated for its own good. There are things I wish they could have conveyed a lot smoother but :manny:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Finishing up the first season...
This show really isn't good.

I feel like the hype just got people boosting it.

HBO cut a season off the leftovers and gave us this shyt. :camby:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
then how would they kill other hosts? you gonna pay 40k a day to watch robots fight with plastic swords and no decapitations or dismemberment or swords that could even go through armor
I don't think anyone was paying $40,000 just to "watch" anything... It's all about interaction. Your swords and armor will be legit. The higher the difficulty, the closer to real the hosts' armor and swords become.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So Hopkins was the only actor who knew the whole story from the jump. This is how Jimmy Simpson found out who his character really was.
When did you find out you were essentially playing half of a much larger character arc, with Ed Harris handling the other half as the Man in Black?
I found out around…I guess episode three or four, when our amazing makeup designer, Christian, was asking about changing the shape of my eyebrows. And he wouldn't tell me why. I could only deduce that the only reason you would change a person's eyebrows was to try to make them look more like someone else. At least for a man, you know? No one has ever asked to change the shape of my eyebrows.

So I was walking along, a couple hours later, to lunch with [showrunner Lisa Joy]. I didn't think too much of it, but when I did think about it, the only possible person I could turn into—as far as I was concerned, given dialect and eye color—was Mr. Harris. And I brought it up to Lisa. I said, "Hey. Christian was just asking me about my eyebrow shape." And she got kind of stiff for a second. And I go, "I mean…am I gonna turn into Ed Harris?" And she stopped talking and she goes, "I can’t answer that, and don’t ask me that again." [laughs]Which confirmed it for me. But then she was clear. She said, "Look. Your arc is huge. Just please don't share it with anybody." And I didn't. I didn't share it with a soul.
The Moment 'Westworld' Star Jimmi Simpson Figured Out the Show's Big Twist

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with Armstice from the 1st ep when she got surgical with the pump while dude was being dragged by the horse but the finale solidified her as my favorite supporting character. I hope she comes back somehow in the 2nd season. If WW security is anything to go by she probably took all those guards out with with a knife and 1 arm.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
From Jonathan Nolan's interview with Deadline:

In regards to some pressing questions about Westworld, here’s what Nolan had to say today:
— Nolan is hoping to have Samurai World play out in Season 2. We caught a glimpse of it — the combat room — when Maeve and her posse were having a shootout through the park’s basement control center. Another indication that more lands reside than the Old West: Maeve’s note from Felix that the location of her daughter is in Park 1. You’ll remember that the Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie included Roman World and Medieval World.

— Is Anthony Hopkins’ Dr. Ford dead? “Well, that version of Ford is dead,” confirms Nolan. Remember, it’s Westworld, the place where robots never die.

— Did Dolores’ dad, Peter Abernathy (Louis Herthum), smuggle intel out of the park as Charlotte Hale (Tessa Thompson) indicated at one point during the episode? Teases Nolan, “Well, he’s not in cold storage and I didn’t see him on the train,” adding that “it was a delight” to work with Herthum on the pilot.

— Where are park workers Elsie and Stubbs? She was kidnapped by Bernard a few episodes back, and Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) was cornered by Ghost Nation natives in Episode 9. Nolan, Joy and staff have provided themselves with an embarrassment of riches. “We have things to circle back to and tee up for next season,” says Nolan, adding “stay tuned” in regards to the duo’s whereabouts. “We can’t leave that story hanging,” adds Nolan.

Full Article: ‘Westworld’ Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2’s Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford’s Fate