The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
"Samurai World" is probably a difficulty level that you have to unlock by solving some top level narratives (or paying extra...).
But to put it into "Diablo" terms, the MiB's goal at the end of the day was to graduate from "Softcore" mode into "Hardcore" mode, where death is permanent.
being a board member and majority owner, MIB had to know there's more worlds... so either the other worlds haven't begun yet... or it's not any different in the aspects of killing humans

but then again... how in the hell would you have an entire world full of swordsmen and they never kill or harm guests? would they just always miss on purpose

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
being a board member and majority owner, MIB had to know there's more worlds... so either the other worlds haven't begun yet... or it's not any different in the aspects of killing humans

but then again... how in the hell would you have an entire world full of swordsmen and they never kill or harm guests? would they just always miss on purpose
The hosts' swords don't have to be sharp..... or even actual metal for that matter

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Let's be real brehs.

Hopkins prolly has the worst filmography ever for a great actor. (it's been a thread idea in my brain for a while)

He'll say yes to just about everything. Just look at his IMDB/RT for a reminder.

His filmography is :trash:but up until 10 or so years ago going from movies to TV was considered a step down. The goal was either break into Hollywood directly, or go from a hit TV show to movies like Bruce Willis. Prior to "Westworld" Anthony Hopkins was only on TV once between 1993 and 2015 so he probably had no idea prestige dramas existed until he watched "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Security guards weren't human though right? Wasn't she in a loop up until the point she left the train?

In the quote @Sensitive Blake Griffin posted it was heavily implied the security was hosts. But they never flat out said it.

As far as Maeve's loop....I'm not sure it'll ever be cleared up but you have to sit and wonder how much of it was a loop. Was Felix and Sylvester hosts in the loop? Were the guards?

Fred.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
In the quote @Sensitive Blake Griffin posted it was heavily implied the security was hosts. But they never flat out said it.

As far as Maeve's loop....I'm not sure it'll ever be cleared up but you have to sit and wonder how much of it was a loop. Was Felix and Sylvester hosts in the loop? Were the guards?

Fred.
i haven't seen the quote but I'm not buying security as host. wouldn't maive have stopped them or at least attempted to stop them?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i haven't seen the quote but I'm not buying security as host. wouldn't maive have stopped them or at least attempted to stop them?

The quote is from page 97. The head of security (can't remember his name) was talking to Ford about how the guards are short staffed and Ford said he can automate the park's defenses himself. Whether he just meant closing doors or operating actual guards is :manny: but if he's just talking about doors it's an odd comment to make in relation to "I need more people as guards".

Stop them....you mean because she can control hosts? Keep in mind the only reason she can control hosts is because Ford let her in the first place. If he controls the hosts and lowered all their stats why would she need to control them?

Obviously all this is theory, we might not find out until next year, if ever.

Fred.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The quote is from page 97. The head of security (can't remember his name) was talking to Ford about how the guards are short staffed and Ford said he can automate the park's defenses himself. Whether he just meant closing doors or operating actual guards is :manny: but if he's just talking about doors it's an odd comment to make in relation to "I need more people as guards".

Stop them....you mean because she can control hosts? Keep in mind the only reason she can control hosts is because Ford let her in the first place. If he controls the hosts and lowered all their stats why would she need to control them?

Obviously all this is theory, we might not find out until next year, if ever.

Fred.

Bernard explicitly told her that she was in a loop and would end up in a train leaving the park. I'm assuming the guards would be hosts and part of the loop.

The way the were out there jobbing they looked similar to the hosts in the park.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Let's be real brehs.

Hopkins prolly has the worst filmography ever for a great actor. (it's been a thread idea in my brain for a while)

He'll say yes to just about everything. Just look at his IMDB/RT for a reminder.

Michael Caine has him beat by a mile.
I bet they have the same philosophy about picking roles though.

I was about to say this. Caine has literally said in interviews that he took roles simply because he likes nice cars and houses. :deadmanny: