The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hopkins is an admitted Breaking Bad stan who went as far as to send Bryan Cranston a letter telling him his performance was the best he'd ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if that partly inspired him to take this role and it shows he has respect for TV dramas and doesn't think he's above them. .

I never thought about it like that but I bet you're right. He said he'd lost his belief in show biz and "Breaking Bad" inspired him.

Fred.

Let's be real brehs.

Hopkins prolly has the worst filmography ever for a great actor. (it's been a thread idea in my brain for a while)

He'll say yes to just about everything. Just look at his IMDB/RT for a reminder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Let's be real brehs.

Hopkins prolly has the worst filmography ever for a great actor. (it's been a thread idea in my brain for a while)

He'll say yes to just about everything. Just look at his IMDB/RT for a reminder.
Michael Caine has him beat by a mile.
I bet they have the same philosophy about picking roles though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This show is mediocre. Ppl just thirsty since got is gone.
It wasn't a great season per se but it had moments of greatness and I loved the finale.

I really think it's gonna make a Leftovers sized leap in S2 kinda like the dudes on the Watch podcast were saying.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Michael Caine has him beat by a mile.
I bet they have the same philosophy about picking roles though.
I'd have to double check his filmography but I like most modern films he's been in that I've seen.

Whereas Hopkins takes roles as Noahs' father :heh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm assuming Ford told him to give her that info and pic and it was a test to see if she'd over come her programming. If his intent was really mainland infiltration then he failed and Ford doesn't fail, he plays chess.

We may not have seen him fail, but sometimes he sets up "experiments" on the hosts to test how they are going to react. Like when he let Bernard have access to his memories he was testing to see if Bernard would see things his way willingly. When Bernard was still against him he was disappointed and had him shoot himself. (But it wasn't really a fail, because he knew Maeve would be heading in that direction soon and revive him just in case.) I think he plans for both possible outcomes, and he did the same thing with Maeve.

And the players in samurai world think the players in Westworld are pussies

"Samurai World" is probably a difficulty level that you have to unlock by solving some top level narratives (or paying extra...).
But to put it into "Diablo" terms, the MiB's goal at the end of the day was to graduate from "Softcore" mode into "Hardcore" mode, where death is permanent.

• Dap
Reactions: hex