The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The shyt in the lab has been bothering me the last half of the season as well. Between lack of security, surveillance, and lab workers having so much authority without safeguards in place, it made it hard for me to take the rebellion seriously.

yeah, not buying it. the NSA, google and the kelloggs factory all have surveillance. these mofos went from no one surveying to the worst black ops team in history getting mauled. its a hole. its ok, but its a hole.

The security guards were WOAT status but as far as surveillance and cameras it was heavily alluded that Ford was fukking with all that. Because in the scene where they tried to check cold storage the camera feed wasn't showing anything wrong....which means it was faked. They had to manually check each individual camera and even then (presumably) Ford cut the power.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as Ford having so much power and Delos not really having any safe guards in place....this isn't like Apple or Google or any other company. Steve Jobs wasn't in a basement designing every Iphone himself. Ford and Arnold came up with all this shyt themselves before Delos was even in the picture. Delos only came into the picture after Arnold died. You might say "well, they should've put safe guards in place then" but they didn't have any leverage to push Ford, who already had the hosts and Westworld more or less done.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
As far as Ford having so much power and Delos not really having any safe guards in place....this isn't like Apple or Google or any other company. Steve Jobs wasn't in a basement designing every Iphone himself. Ford and Arnold came up with all this shyt themselves before Delos was even in the picture. Delos only came into the picture after Arnold died. You might say "well, they should've put safe guards in place then" but they didn't have any leverage to push Ford, who already had the hosts and Westworld more or less done.

Fred.
It strains credulity that any lab worker was able to just arbitrarily change the stats of the hosts for the past 35 years, like the two numnuts were doing, without anyone noticing. That level of incompetence just doesn't seem possible, even given the premise that Ford designed everything.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It strains credulity that any lab worker was able to just arbitrarily change the stats of the hosts for the past 35 years, like the two numnuts were doing, without anyone noticing. That level of incompetence just doesn't seem possible, even given the premise that Ford designed everything.

I don't really have a problem with people not noticing, because Ford wrote her entire escape plan as a narrative. So he'd be able to cover their tracks. I have a problem with them being able to change the stats in the first place, though. But some things you gotta just chalk up to it being a TV show. Also if they eventually reveal Felix (and/or Sylvester) is a host then every problem with that subplot is solved.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Well the level of writing on Game of Thrones (mostly for the earlier seasons) is equal, if not beyond Westworld. They have hundreds of characters, dozens of subplots, political maneuverings, and dozens of "main" characters. GRRM said it takes him 3 weeks minimum to write a single episode. But the GoT writers do have the novels to adapt from, which may make it easier than coming up with something from scratch like Westworld writers will presumably do for season 2.
isn't game of thrones taking the exact same amount of time off this year?

i'm not sure but maybe it's the robots and effects and shyt... besides the dragons, which the creators have said they have to limit showing cause of time and cost, they don't have too many cgi effects like that

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
isn't game of thrones taking the exact same amount of time off this year?

i'm not sure but maybe it's the robots and effects and shyt... besides the dragons, which the creators have said they have to limit showing cause of time and cost, they don't have too many cgi effects like that

Part of the reason they pushed "GOT" back is because they need to film a bunch of scenes during the winter.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah I don't buy that. They have thousands of human-like androids that can turn violent with the click of a button or a hack. Any board that would run this park without a military on staff with top notch weapons to defend and or neutralize a threat in the case of an emergency would be a park run by idiots. Disney doesn't have IP that a world-conquering nation could try to steal, like Westworld does.
they have showed multiple times how stupid this team was... first ep they get a report that one of the stored bots is up and moving... they arm up to the tilt and bernard was like "you guys just live for this shyt don't you"... they go out there guns blazing and damn near shoot Ford

damn leader of the squad goes to find big t*ts all by his damn self after she's missing in the park for days... gets rushed by all them dudes and didn't even fire a shot

this is after the wonderer bot pimp slapped the same dude into next week.. if that bot hadn't killed himself, big t*ts would have died right then cause the leader never even got back up

they never thought to have a military because it's been 30 years with NO incident... them turning on the humans was not even a thought... to the point when they started malfunctioning, they didn't even shut it down for half a second... just programmed a big ass shootout in the town so they could get the problem ones out

like ford said, every once in a while the board would send 1 person down to check on shyt... they got other worlds they building too.. they don't give two fukks about the park, there's a bigger scheme going on that we haven't learned yet

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

The asian guy was in on it, so he probably is a Ford goon. We also saw him fukking woth that bird so we know he's skilled.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The security guards were WOAT status but as far as surveillance and cameras it was heavily alluded that Ford was fukking with all that. Because in the scene where they tried to check cold storage the camera feed wasn't showing anything wrong....which means it was faked. They had to manually check each individual camera and even then (presumably) Ford cut the power.

Fred.
Think about it like this though: When is the last time the security guards at Delos had to do anything? lol. They sat around 99.99% of their damn job :russ: and yeah ford also fukked with the security system too, also you're fighting fukking robots with essentially aimbots and modern weapons now? We saw how good of a shot the gunslinger chick was and that was with a semi-automatic lever action rifle, plus Maeve fukked with their pain tolerance and shyt like that making them semi-godlike

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Next season should show maeve bernard and teddy's path to wokeness. This is rare that a show is getting praise for its story telling and dialogue over senseless violence and fukking
I feel like maeve/bernie/teddy/dolores are all at the same level of sentience but maybe Maeve is further along? I mean she had no idea that ford programmed her to try to escape, the real question is whether ford told asian homey to give her the coordinates to where her daughter was or if he did that himself, I'm thinking the latter because I'm pretty sure if you freeze frame at a certain point you can see that Maeve's prime directives were to escape and infiltrate the surface world

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like maeve/bernie/teddy/dolores are all at the same level of sentience but maybe Maeve is further along? I mean she had no idea that ford programmed her to try to escape, the real question is whether ford told asian homey to give her the coordinates to where her daughter was or if he did that himself, I'm thinking the latter because I'm pretty sure if you freeze frame at a certain point you can see that Maeve's prime directives were to escape and infiltrate the surface world

I'm assuming Ford told him to give her that info and pic and it was a test to see if she'd over come her programming. If his intent was really mainland infiltration then he failed and Ford doesn't fail, he plays chess.

Delores is the most advanced host because she's technically been sentient this whole season, she just didn't realize it. Maeve is #2 but still way behind Delores because up until the last 15 minutes or so she was still doing what Ford wanted.

Another plot thread people completely forgot about is Delores original dad is loose with all of Ford's coding data hidden in him.

Fred.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I think Ford was creating himself as a host too. HBO would be crazy to let Hopkins leave after one season.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkins don't come back - he doesn't need this shyt. Dude could've just thought he's gonna come in and kill the first season just to shyt on nikkas with a classic, pick up his milly per ep and keep it moving.

As far as the season - very slow burn at the beginning but the last 4 eps were debatable GOAT status. Hopkins, Wright and Harris bodied this shyt. As said the first half is slow - to the point it's a chore to rewatch which kind of brings the the whole season down but they went ham at end. Can't for S2.

Hopkins is a cert for best actor Emmy....#Fordset nikkas :wow:

Jards

All Star
Daps
that finale brehs... :ohlawd:

what a masterpiece of a season.

had me looking like ed harris

NiayR72.png
:russ:

MiB looking like he bust a nut no homo when he caught that bullet to the arm :mjlol: