The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This show is mediocre. Ppl just thirsty since got is gone.
It's not The Wire or Breaking Bad, but it's pretty fukking dope.

There's a little bit too much expository dialogue, and a few other issues I have with it. A few plot holes or some logical inconsistencies, but they're telling a big story with a lot of moving pieces, and it's the first season. I'm giving a little bit of leeway. This is the most I've just totally enjoyed a 1st season since True Detective season 1.

I don't even think it's as deep as it thinks it is. But there weren't really any moments in this season that made me want to pick up my phone, or look at something else. I mean I sat and enjoyed the great, good, and not so great parts of the season.

For a first season I think they did a good job.

:yeshrug:

Very solid 4 mic season IMO.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I don't buy that. They have thousands of human-like androids that can turn violent with the click of a button or a hack. Any board that would run this park without a military on staff with top notch weapons to defend and or neutralize a threat in the case of an emergency would be a park run by idiots. Disney doesn't have IP that a world-conquering nation could try to steal, like Westworld does.

The security part is the only thing that got me :comeon: plus security guards are not getting trained using those weapons. It was laughable that after the first set of guys got clapped, that they wouldn't change their tactics. It reminded me of Rambo and those other cheesy action flicks

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Maybe I missed it in this thread or maybe i missed it earlier in the season as its been a mind trip.....but in the last episode, the machine was printing bones and a skull. Is it then, that the robots are now going to basically be human now.

Also, it could have been Ford's Robot that got clapped :mjgrin:

ya the earlier versions of the hosts were more like terminators. but the new ones basically have human anatomy.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
fukking amazing... i'm doing it now.. everything matches up. all the little non important talks and sentences mean all the difference now

tumblr_ogrzjwscE51usrgjso2_540.gif

tumblr_ogrzjwscE51usrgjso3_540.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So we really got to wait to 2018 huh :mjcry:

I read an interview with Jonathon Nolan and he said the wait will be that long because this isn't a TV series, it's basically a long movie. He said you gotta wait 2-3 years at least between movies, so 2018 ain't that long.

It kinda sucks as a fan but I get where he's coming from. The line between movie and TV series is blurry as fukk nowadays when it comes to talent, budget, quality, etc.

Fred.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
I read an interview with Jonathon Nolan and he said the wait will be that long because this isn't a TV series, it's basically a long movie. He said you gotta wait 2-3 years at least between movies, so 2018 ain't that long.

It kinda sucks as a fan but I get where he's coming from. The line between movie and TV series is blurry as fukk nowadays when it comes to talent, budget, quality, etc.

Fred.
O OK but man this shyt got so much potential the fukkery in the next season is going to be crazy

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
Do you think a season of Westworld is more difficult to film than...a season of Game of Thrones?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Think it has more to do with the writing
Granted I don't watch GOT, so I don't know the level of writing on that show
Well the level of writing on Game of Thrones (mostly for the earlier seasons) is equal, if not beyond Westworld. They have hundreds of characters, dozens of subplots, political maneuverings, and dozens of "main" characters. GRRM said it takes him 3 weeks minimum to write a single episode. But the GoT writers do have the novels to adapt from, which may make it easier than coming up with something from scratch like Westworld writers will presumably do for season 2.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you think a season of Westworld is more difficult to film than...a season of Game of Thrones?

Film? Probably not. I assume there is less locations.

Write? Definitely, because there was never a template for "Westworld" like there is books for "GOT". Even characters from the OG movies like The Man In Black aren't remotely the same.

Fred.