The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
finished it up, last night. really good. something kept bothering me though, i know it seems petty, but:

they dont have fukkin cameras in the reconstruction lab showing all this fukkery taking place? even nino had cameras on them buttnaked bishes at the carter w/ all that product around.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
finished it up, last night. really good. something kept bothering me though, i know it seems petty, but:

they dont have fukkin cameras in the reconstruction lab showing all this fukkery taking place? even nino had cameras on them buttnaked bishes at the carter w/ all that product around.
The shyt in the lab has been bothering me the last half of the season as well. Between lack of security, surveillance, and lab workers having so much authority without safeguards in place, it made it hard for me to take the rebellion seriously because I kept saying this is dumb, and this, and this, and this. I was hoping they would have some reveal to make it make sense but they played it completely straight.

I guess we're just supposed to accept that Ford designed the lab to have severe oversight issues to make the rebellion possible. And perhaps he handpicked those two easily manipulated lab workers specifically to work with Maeve because he knew they could be controlled by her (he did say he knows everything about his workers, so their personalities may have been selected for). But that to me isn't a satisfying answer. At least not how it was presented.

It's one reason I can't call season 1 perfect. Highly enjoyable, an achievement in acting, cinematography, and special effects, and a great foundation for future seasons, but it had some baffling writing choices, especially compared to the amazing writing of the rest of the series.

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that, but aren't they supposed to highly trained? I mean, it was typical action movie, where instead of having suppressing fire, you have each guy run out individually and get bodied. They were anateurish at best
The shyt in the lab has been bothering me the last half of the season as well. Between lack of security, surveillance, and lab workers having so much authority without safeguards in place, it made it hard for me to take the rebellion seriously because I kept saying this is dumb, and this, and this, and this. I was hoping they would have some reveal to make it make sense but they played it completely straight. I guess we're just supposed to accept that Ford designed the lab to have severe oversight issues to make the rebellion possible. But that to me isn't a satisfying answer.

It's one reason I can't call season 1 brilliant. Highly enjoyable, an achievement in acting, cinematography, and special effects, and a great foundation for future seasons, but it had some baffling writing choices, especially compared to the amazing writing of the rest of the series.
If Ford wanted maeve to break out he can make it happen. Remember the scene with theresa he's a god in the park. You think he can't tamper with a surveillance system? shyts probably easy to him. Not everything needs to be spelled out, I'm satisfied with how they ended that storyline

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
The shyt in the lab has been bothering me the last half of the season as well. Between lack of security, surveillance, and lab workers having so much authority without safeguards in place, it made it hard for me to take the rebellion seriously because I kept saying this is dumb, and this, and this, and this. I was hoping they would have some reveal to make it make sense but they played it completely straight.

I guess we're just supposed to accept that Ford designed the lab to have severe oversight issues to make the rebellion possible. And perhaps he handpicked those two easily manipulated lab workers specifically to work with Maeve because he knew they could be controlled by her (he did say he knows everything about his workers, so their personalities may have been selected for). But that to me isn't a satisfying answer. At least not how it was presented.

It's one reason I can't call season 1 perfect. Highly enjoyable, an achievement in acting, cinematography, and special effects, and a great foundation for future seasons, but it had some baffling writing choices, especially compared to the amazing writing of the rest of the series.
furthermore, w/ the board so at odds w/ ford, i likened him to steve jobs being on the outs w/ apple, the first time around. wouldnt they have these safeguards in place because he had been so in control of everything? i swear every time some fukkery went on in that lab and thandie started wandering around the building like she was off that chimara again, i just looked down at my phone like i didnt see it before i got mad.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
furthermore, w/ the board so at odds w/ ford, i likened him to steve jobs being on the outs w/ apple, the first time around. wouldnt they have these safeguards in place because he had been so in control of everything? i swear every time some fukkery went on in that lab and thandie started wandering around the building like she was off that chimara again, i just looked down at my phone like i didnt see it before i got mad.
Breh, the people at Delos are just paper pushers and office monkeys. Nobody knows the technology other than Ford and arnold. Ford basically held Delos hostage

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Breh, the people at Delos are just paper pushers and office monkeys. Nobody knows the technology other than Ford and arnold. Ford basically held Delos hostage

yeah, not buying it. the NSA, google and the kelloggs factory all have surveillance. these mofos went from no one surveying to the worst black ops team in history getting mauled. its a hole. its ok, but its a hole.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If Ford wanted maeve to break out he can make it happen. Remember the scene with theresa he's a god in the park. You think he can't tamper with a surveillance system? shyts probably easy to him. Not everything needs to be spelled out, I'm satisfied with how they ended that storyline
I just believe there was a more clever way to convey his intelligence and mastery over his park than what they did. But in general I'm always unsatisfied with that kind of writing in stories.

Like, "So how do I make smart character look smart? I'll just make every other character around him a fukking idiot or easily controlled manchild!"

I'd prefer if they conveyed his intelligence by showing him outsmart intelligent people. Or for him to hatch a plan that pressures intelligent people into dumb choices that seemed smart at the time. But they didn't do that. It was just a series of dumb choices from nearly everyone that we have to chalk up to Ford being a genius mastermind.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, not buying it. the NSA, google and the kelloggs factory all have surveillance. these mofos went from no one surveying to the worst black ops team in history getting mauled. its a hole. its ok, but its a hole.
I didn't say they don't have surveillance. But Ford can easily fukk with the surveillance system.

The black ops scenes were kind of stupid, I agree. But considering they probably rarely have incidents inside the building, they were probably unprepared

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

they do, thats how they found out the robots went berserk

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I didn't say they don't have surveillance. But Ford can easily fukk with the surveillance system.

The black ops scenes were kind of stupid, I agree. But considering they probably rarely have incidents inside the building, they were probably unprepared

They're actually not "black ops". They're well armed Disney security guards.

They probably shouldn't even have automatic weapons at all. It not like Jurassic Park where the park staff have to deal with carnivorous monsters.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I missed it in this thread or maybe i missed it earlier in the season as its been a mind trip.....but in the last episode, the machine was printing bones and a skull. Is it then, that the robots are now going to basically be human now.

Also, it could have been Ford's Robot that got clapped :mjgrin:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
They're actually not "black ops". They're well armed Disney security guards.

They probably shouldn't even have automatic weapons at all. It not like Jurassic Park where the park staff have to deal with carnivorous monsters.
Nah I don't buy that. They have thousands of human-like androids that can turn violent with the click of a button or a hack. Any board that would run this park without a military on staff with top notch weapons to defend and or neutralize a threat in the case of an emergency would be a park run by idiots. Disney doesn't have IP that a world-conquering nation could try to steal, like Westworld does.