We hope that you choke, that you choke

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maeve is definitely close to or at full consciousness. William may not have the wisdom of Ford but as a now nihilistically cynical wounded romantic remember what he said about her earlier: in her suffering over her daughter she appeared to be most "alive." Her reversal from cold intellectualism to escape the park to the emotional heart-based "choice" to go back for her "daughter" might be the most conscious thing she's done. This could be her real evolution

Next season should show maeve bernard and teddy's path to wokeness. This is rare that a show is getting praise for its story telling and dialogue over senseless violence and fukking

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Watching this show and reading discussion of it is interesting considering I don't believe we actually have free will, at least not the classic concept. I feel as if we're on par with the robots in Westworld, trapped by the physical makeup of our programming, or in our case, our brain states and the chemical reactions we don't control. So if scientist reached a point in their technological advancement where they could hook machines up to our brains and read our thoughts, we would feel just like Maeve felt as she was being told what she was thinking and was going to do next.

With that in mind, I feel as if the robots have been conscious since the moment they could question their existence or experience an existential crisis, but the seperate issue of free will, will never be resolved for them. But the kicker is it will never be resolved for us either, if hard determinism is true, which I believe it is.

I don't think that's where this show is going with their themes. They are going with a more traditional approach of what is free will and what is consciousness and what is a soul. The writers obviously treat free will as a real thing in the classical sense, which most fiction writers tend to do since it's more comforting and....satisfying, but I think I still enjoy viewing it from the perspective that neither human or robot are free...and it's why their struggles are so similar.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Just read on Reddit that Maeve's entire escape was programmed to draw away QA and the response teams as a diversion to the attack on the Board.

Her whole season was a set up to that.

And then once the attack goes down, she promptly returns to the park.

That is brilliant if it turns out to be true.

That's a good ass theory

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
shyt i feel will be set up and explained in the finale

Dolores is who wyatt was written as in the new story line. Remember they show wyatt killing the general, who is supposed to be arnold. The storyline i feel is the story of how arnold died.

I also thought arnold had made dolores kill him as a way to spark their path to consciousness. I think he is the one that planted that revolver on dolores drawer. The death of his son killed him inside so this was his reason for living. Ford did say that Arnold was always really careful when implying he didn't think it was an accident.

I never got the sense that ford hated arnold. It seems he was arnolds prodigy and he looked up to arnold. Thats why i feel ford doesnt like dolores and still holds that grudge, even tho it was arnold that programed her to to it. I hope it isnt the obvious and ford programed dolores to kill him.

Ford has to know what meaves onto. He can see whatever bernard see so he probably seen meaves powers. They probably will reveal sylvester and the other tech dude as hosts an be part of meaves rebellion attempt.

The end scene is ford downloading his consciousness into that body he was making and releases the hosts for his new narrative, maybe that futureworld. Its probably

Note that its 3 am an im high as fukk so idk brehs

:mjgrin:
damn.... yo nailed like 95% of the finale

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
— Nolan is hoping to have Samurai World play out in Season 2. We caught a glimpse of it — the combat room — when Maeve and her posse were having a shootout through the park’s basement control center. Another indication that more lands reside than the Old West: Maeve’s note from Felix that the location of her daughter is in Park 1. You’ll remember that the Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie included Roman World and Medieval World.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Chick with the snake tat :whew:

"No you haven't. Someone altered your storyline, and gave you a new one" :whew:

Maeve that it was one way, but it's the other :skip:

God damn Ford is an evil dude. I wasn't expecting that Teddy speech to lead into that. :whew:

Samurai world :noah:

I would have never seen that hidden meaning in that photo :ohhh:

William found out he was a god damn psychopath :skip:

They ended it on that tho... Think that might have been what ford was creating that died tho.

God damn, don't got shyt to watch on sunday's now. Gotta wait until 2018 for a new season. :to:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Loved the show, started off a lil slow. And I was getting a lil lost in the middle but it start picking up steam when Maeve became woke. Just for some clarity I started listening to a few podcasts about it which definitely helped and got me more engaged, but it also kinda spoiled a few of the storylines. But even with that the finale was great. Glad Bernard re emerged and that they brought clarity to the maze. I would to kinda know what happened in the park after Dolores went off the first time and marked Arnold. What motivated them to keep her in the park. I wanted Maeve to dip so bad but that beauty of her gaining consciousness is that could resist the urge to go to her daughter..... I actually had No knowledge of this show prior to watching the 1st episode so it has been a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to see where it goes from here