The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
happymib_zpsjyiuo25j.png

Fred.
This needs to be an official smiley. Make it happen.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Sometimes I wonder if I would've caught on to the different timelines/William being the MIB without the internet cuz every old head I talk to at work about the show has no idea what I'm talking about

These my favorite type of shows but it's starting to feel like I'm taking the enjoyment/mystery out of a show by spoiling myself so early.

Even though some of yall predicted Benard to be Arnold, I was still like:ohhh::dwillhuh::gladbron::whoo: cuz I didn't really expect it.

Internet be figuring it out from the jump. I need to get back to these reveals being revealing And back off these type of threads:francis:
:what:

What the fukk are you just dropping spoilers for another show without tagging it for.

I havent started season 2 of Mr. robot yet and you're in here spoiling shyt in another thread without even tagging it.

Negged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anthony Hopkins is a tremendous actor. And he seems in awe of other great actors.
And not just because of the letter he wrote to Brian Cranston. He's like a genuine fan of great acting.

I made a point to credit Jeffrey Wright in this thread because he is a wonderful actor and I feel like he doesn't get enough credit. But Rachel Wood was great too. So was Thandie Newton, btw. I wasn't aware of Thandie until she appeared in Mission Impossible 2 (good lord, she was gorgeous) but she's proven that she's more than a pretty face. She's a true actress.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Just finished the finale :ohhh:

The writing on this first season was phenomenal.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great first season, probably revisit the season in full a couple of times before season 2

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

The Westworld version of:
:banderas:

He was about to start the full "Chappelle Show" Robot Dance routine
Robot-Dancing-Man-Chappelles-Show.gif

It was pure genious the way Ford scripted Maeve to be a diversion...

My dude was always 10 steps ahead of everybody else...

That's why I'm pretty sure he's not dead...

I'm not sure though if he intended Maeve to get off that train...Her daughter is what made her step off and assuming the geek is human (Maeve thinks he is), there is no way Ford could have known the geek would hand her that information about her daughter which would lead to Maeve stepping off the train...That was way too convenient and she didn't shutdown when she stepped off like the rest of the bots...If her storyline is over why is she still awake and seemingly conscious with a purpose to go find her daughter?

The type of obsessed internet users who go through shows frame-by-frame found a clue to the real answer:

maeve-sees-her-narrative-hbo.jpg

We can actually SEE her script that Bernard was looking at before she grabbed it from him and broke it.
The next section of her narrative after "ESCAPE" is called "MAINLAND INFILTRATION".

So, the actual programming that Ford (as Arnold) put in her head scripted her to get on that train and leave for the "mainland". That's what he programmed her to do, but the question is did he really want her to follow her programming, or was he hoping that she would disobey her orders and break her own loop? (I suspect his intention was to have her escape and start a host "underground railroad" in the outside world, but who knows?)

I a lot of people are saying that internet predicted all of the twists, but that's not true. As far as I know, I don't think anyone predicted that Ford was behind EVERYTHING, including the programming code that was signed as "Arnold". The code on the broadcast machine that Elsie found was signed as "Arnold". I guess that means that Ford intentionally let Theresa control the "stray" host as part of a plot to lure Charlotte and the board to come to the park personally. I never would have predicted any of that before the finale.

If the voice of "Arnold" in the hosts brain is their own conscience, what does that say about the little boy "Robert Ford" robot that killed his dog? He told Ford that Arnold told him to put the dog out of its misery. But since there was no real "Arnold" broadcast, than means that the little boy robot made his own decision to be a killer.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Where they could go for Season 2. Plot for Futureworld:

Two years after the Westworld tragedy, the Delos corporation owners have reopened the park following $1.5 billion in safety improvements. For publicity purposes, newspaper reporter Chuck Browning and TV reporter Tracy Ballard are invited to review the park. Just before the junket is announced, Browning arranges to meet with a Delos employee who promises he has dirt on the corporation. During the meeting, the tipster is shot in the back and dies after giving Browning an envelope.

At the resort, guests choose from a range of theme parks: Spaworld ("where old age and pain have been eliminated"), Medievalworld, Ancient Romanworld, and Futureworld; Westworld is abandoned. Browning and Ballard choose Futureworld, which simulates an orbiting space station. Robots are available for sex as well as amusements like boxing. They are guided through the resort by Dr. Duffy, who shows them the marvels of Delos, demonstrating that all the problems have been fixed.

The reporters are stunned to find that the Control Center is staffed entirely by robots. That night, their dinners are drugged. While they sleep, medical tests are conducted so Delos can make clones of them. A visiting Russian General and a Japanese politician are also tested for cloning. Back in her room a few hours later, Ballard wakes in a fright, remembering the experience as a nightmare.

Ballard and Browning sneak out to explore the resort's underground areas. They end up triggering a cloning machine, which generates three samurai. Just as they are about to be captured by the samurai, a mechanic named Harry saves them. He takes them back to his quarters, where he cohabitates with a mechanic robot he has named Clark after Superman's alter-ego. The reporters interview Harry, but they are interrupted and returned to their rooms.

The following day, while Ballard is testing out a Delos dream recording device, Browning slips out to see Harry. Harry takes Browning to a locked door that he has never been able to enter, although robots routinely enter. Realizing the key is in the robot's eyes, Harry destroys a robot and steals its face. They return with Ballard and open the door. Inside, they find clones of themselves, as well as clones of the Russian and Japanese leaders. The clones are being programmed through subliminal messages; they are instructed to always work for the good of Delos and to destroy their originals. Browning explains that his tipster's envelope was filled with clippings about leaders from around the world, realizing that Delos must be cloning the rich and powerful.

The trio decides to flee the resort on the next plane. The reporters return to their apartment where Duffy is waiting for them; he explains that, by cloning world leaders, they can ensure that nothing harms Delos' interests, and that without "proper" guidance humans will eventually destroy the planet. Cloning the reporters would ensure favorable coverage, letting people forget about the Westworld tragedy. Browning attacks Duffy but is easily overpowered with unnatural strength. Ballard shoots the doctor twice, and Browning peels back Duffy's face to reveal that he is a robot. As Harry races to meet up with the reporters, he runs into Browning's clone, who kills him. Ballard and Browning are then chased by their own duplicates, all the while taunting them with details about their lives. Eventually, one of each pair is killed, though which one is left unclear. When they find each other, Browning seizes and kisses Ballard.

In the end, as they leave the resort with the other guests, Dr. Schneider meets them to make sure they are the clones. The reporters confirm that they will be writing positive reviews for Delos; but, just as they reach the exit, Ballard's badly injured clone stumbles towards him and Schneider realizes too late that he has been fooled. On the jetway, Browning tells Ballard that his editor is running the exposé on Delos, that the whole world will know what they are up to, and that kissing her was his idea to figure out whether or not she was a duplicate.

Elsie is still alive and in Sector 20:
58451b16dd089539448b4986-999

Soundbite of Elsie:
http://delosincorporated.com/assets/transmission.mp4

Random thoughts:
-The Ghost Nation took Stubbs, but it doesn't mean that they killed him. Currently MIA.
-While the Delos board has been wiped out, there are humans alive in the park most notably Felix, the writer and the team that was locked off for their own safety.
-Bernard is likely the de facto leader. Probably brokers a peace between the remaining humans and hosts.